Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted

Funny, my computer just went down...too much excitement for the night lol

Steve, thats an impressive blob heading our way..will it survive the journey? lets hope so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Having looked at the Euro radars, it really doesn't look like there is much ppn attached to that clump off the West coast of the Netherlands, yet it still looks very promising from the sat images... Thoroughly confused by that.

Posted

Having looked at the Euro radars, it really doesn't look like there is much ppn attached to that clump off the West coast of the Netherlands, yet it still looks very promising from the sat images... Thoroughly confused by that.

I think I will give it another couple of updates on the satelite...

S

Posted

Im due some more snow in the next few hours, could bring maybe 5-7cm more, if that did, I would have a covering of 20cm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

good morning all! well woke up very early for a sneek peek out the window and theres nowt unsure.gif hows everyone else done? ok i hope. anyone know of my chances today?

Posted

just taken a photo on my phone but when trying to link the phone to the computer I get the "computer says no" message..... grrrr new phone too!

Posted

good morning all! well woke up very early for a sneek peek out the window and theres nowt unsure.gif hows everyone else done? ok i hope. anyone know of my chances today?

Good morning, Cambridge has got 12cm so far, I expect at least 2 more inches later on. I expect Kent will get a few more hours of snow, maybe totalling up to anywhere between 4-10cm

Posted

Hmm I missed that it had started snowing here. Now coming down steadily. Covered over the bit of the skylight which had slipped off. Looking at the radar, certainly the meto one, it does seem as if this whole band might just be sinking slowly southand we're kind of sliding into it here. I just hope there is enough ppn still to come off the north sea to keep topping up the stream and make it fully worth it. I hope it sinks slowly too, or we'll come straight out the other side.

I'm surprised this is all happening so late. Given that the models all showed it dying out by the 12z map, I'm a teensy bit worried that this is all about to fizzle out at the wrong time. But everything is already nicely doused in snow anyway, so it's not really that big a deal...

Posted

Good morning, Cambridge has got 12cm so far, I expect at least 2 more inches later on. I expect Kent will get a few more hours of snow, maybe totalling up to anywhere between 4-10cm

wow brill i am so green lol i may have to go for a drive later just so i can go see some snow lol see what happens here first. cheers for reply

Posted

The annoying thing is that at the moment I am stuck between the two bands of snow, I hope one of them moves over me soon

Posted

JUst woke up for a sneak peak here in Dover, East Kent and as I and everyone suspected... Nothing... only remnants from the shower we had at 3pm ish yesterday afternoon :cray: doesn't looks likely for any to pass over us either :(

Posted

morning all just looked out of window got to dig the car out good 8 inches out side!!! in snow bound ipswich

Posted

Sorry to hear you have no snow. Today doesn't hold anything too interesting. This front fading southwards now might work for you, I'm not sure. Beyond that it's showers. Situated out there, if temps hold up you might get some action.

You can always hope. In any case, Saturday night looks like a sure thing for all of us.

Posted

One last rogue shower heading straight towards Barnet within the next 15 mins then that's it for me. There's nothing else behind it. But that cloud looks enticing over the north sea. Maybe there is little ppn associated with it atm because the updraft is so strong, it has completely prevented the downdraft. :cray:

The school very close to the the school that I work in Welwyn has just announced it will be closed. Hopefully my school follows suit and I get the day off too.

Edited by Mikel Nimbus

Posted

Has anyone else noticed that the band of PPN currently over Kent seems to be swinging out from the bottom, but the area in the north sea seems to be staying in a similar position all but a slight movement. or have i looked at it wrong?

Posted

yes raintoday.co.uk shows one of the bands heading south/ south eastwards... I'm hoping it gets a little more of a kick up the backside towards us. even a centimetre or two and i'd be happy!

Edited by Updraft

Posted

Sorry to hear you have no snow. Today doesn't hold anything too interesting. This front fading southwards now might work for you, I'm not sure. Beyond that it's showers. Situated out there, if temps hold up you might get some action.

You can always hope. In any case, Saturday night looks like a sure thing for all of us.

ive been looking at the cams there deff been a good dumping about very supprised how much is about. fingers crossed for saturday night then.

Posted

Just one more cam M2 London bound Blue bell hill ,looks bleak and with the rush hour slowly approaching i think its gonna be slow

post-8172-1261113238259_thumb.jpg

Edited by TN9

Posted

Just one more cam M2 London bound Blue bell hill ,looks bleak and with the rush hour slowly approaching i think its gonna be slow

Looks like it could go on for a bit longer yet...rate of 1 inch per hour easily...gonna be a messy rush hour

Posted

The netweather projected ppn forecaster for next half an hour has anything over London now taking a westerly track and anything south of London to head south westerly. A change of wind direction on the cards ayone?