Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

It's just about light enough for a pic from down near where I live...

post-9546-12611231180543_thumb.jpg

Beautiful photo

Posted

any chance of ashford getting anymore coz I am due to go to work at the outlet from 5-9 tonight?? anyone!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'd say, despite being in the Corridor of Death in Suffolk, we've got about 2". It snowed frantically for about an hour and a half from 6:15 onwards, then there was a 3 hour gap (corridor of death) then the wind and snow picked up again at midnight and snowed moderately for about another 4 hours…

Freezing hard now — it was -1.6 ° C when I got up at 7 am and now it's -1.8 ° C so the sun's risen but the temperature's dropped slightly :( Good enough. Going into Cambridge later for a carol concert and will see how much more they had, I should think judging by the radar, at least another inch or two.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

The met office did very well for western , north west kent... However for North east and east kent they did VERY VERY poorly , that red alert should not have been issued for this area.

Not only did they not take into account the low pressure center , they also did not factor the milder sector which even on the hills was very sleety to start of with.

For this part another feb 2009 all over again in other words over hyped

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

Some flights redirected, but I don't believe it's closed currently

Flights at Gatwick have all been suspended until snow & ice has been removed from runways

Posted

The met office did very well for western , north west kent... However for North east and east kent they did VERY VERY poorly , that red alert should not have been issued for this area.

Not only did they not take into account the low pressure center , they also did not factor the milder sector which even on the hills was very sleety to start of with.

For this part another feb 2009 all over again in other words over hyped

how can they not issue a red alert for your region when NW Kent was hit? - it's part of the same county!

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

post-7758-12611241108021_thumb.jpg

Still snowing heavily in Brighton. About 5 inches of snow in the garden and drifts up side wall to about 12 inches.

Posted

South Woodham Ferrers has 2-3 inches, 1 inch of that being a wet slurry deposited last night topped up by an inch and a bit of proper sherbert snow this morning, which makes all the difference.

Still a even larger teapot marginal feel to the event last night but it is December and SSTs are high.

Got no snow in Feb 09, this might match the best for this area in the 21st Century, but not a patch on anything received in the 1990s and before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Snowing again in Peckham Rye, just about to venture to Nunhead station

Posted

So ? , think of the distance between your area and east kent... It's bloody annoying that they slap the whole area in a red alert , when even an amature such as myself could see what was going on last night and i don't get payed for it!. I find it rather a slap in the face that the people such as yourself that argue back in some way have got alot of snow , you'd be in the same position as me !. Remember how many times in feb 2009 when you got nothing that you was not happy like myself?

True- but this isn't a biased view. It's a logical one. They don't split counties in half when they issue a warning, sadly they have to include the whole county, even only if 40% are affected. :p

Some pics:

DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

So ? , think of the distance between your area and east kent... It's bloody annoying that they slap the whole area in a red alert , when even an amature such as myself could see what was going on last night and i don't get payed for it!. I find it rather a slap in the face that the people such as yourself that argue back in some way have got alot of snow , you'd be in the same position as me !. Remember how many times in feb 2009 when you got nothing that you was not happy like myself?

Hurrayyy! Your back to moan, then be happy then moan again 50 times a minute!!

Posted

Got around 5'' here, which im over the moon with. Stayed up all night. Thundersnow many times during the small hours (must be up there with the most reports ever in uk?) with temp whiteouts. A great nights snowatch! Anymore due for SE Essex today? Not that im bothered to be fair! Oh not one school open across the area either!

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

LOL, poor Neil. I'd have thought his area would have got a bit more snow. Not sure whinging and moaning about alerts by the Met Office on a Snow Report Discussion thread is going to achieve!

About 2-3 inches this side of Bexleyheath. Was hoping for more when I went to bed last night but I'm no complaining.

Posted

Some pics attached - not brilliant but you get the general idea!

Edited to say sorry they came out massive!

And again to say they've now closed my daughter's school - early Christmas holidays then! I think most of the schools in South Bucks must be closed.

post-8206-12611247130757_thumb.jpg

post-8206-1261124751845_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mrs M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Did you get snow? , i bet you did. I have every right to moan , put me on ignore then

Got a small amount last night that got rained on and melted, a little more an hour ago, not much. Consider the ignore button done.