Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion 9

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Nobody keeping an eye on the band of snow showers moving west , south west ?

Posted

Anyone know if Norwich will see much snow today/Sat/Sun? We had a bit more over night but not enough to give an even covering on the grass and pavements/roads almost no snow now.

Posted

Whats 'the hill' like Vp,meant to be going to Sheerness soon

Bluebell hill is closed, M2 is closed, A2 is down to the two middle lanes, power is fluctuating regularly after power cuts last night - I certainly won't be staying too long at work today in Erith. Main problem is abandoned cars from last night, and the fact that Medway Council still haven't found out what the word 'gritter' means.

My advice is don't travel unless you have too. More snow is on it's way.

Posted

Is that likely to get as far inland as snowless Norwich?

Very diffcult to say. The BBC forecast suggested only W parts of Norfolk i.e Wells next to the sea westwards. However you never know what may develop in the N Sea.

Posted

Looking at the radar this morning Norwich and most of Norfolk aint looking too good but that can all change....

Posted

Just went outside to feed the poor rabbits. Fox footprints all around the hutch blink.gif Wouldn't normally see them of course! We have a fox alarm thing to scare them away but it was covered in snow!

I measured 6 1/2 to 7 inches in the middle of the lawn. I wonder what it's like at the top of the Wycombe hills!

Anyone know if there's more to come? Not that I'm greedy blush.gif it's just that there are weather warnings all day!

Also the sun is out now - just hoping it doesn't start a thaw...

Edited by Mrs M

Posted

Bluebell Hill is closed I think, or at least it was earlier, as is Detling.

Really?thats all i need,the two main drags over the hill shut :clap:

Posted

Morning all

conditions are looking very variable, I drove from Lewisham to Gatwick at 5:30 this morning, 1cm laying in Lewisham, by the time I got to the M25 it was about 3 to 4cm then as I got round to the South Downs little snow drifts were building in the fast lane of the M25, but I think probably about 4 or 5cms laying then in the Gatwick airport carpark there was about 6cms.

I'm now back in Central London where there are still a few snow flurries...

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

New Sheppey Crossing is also closed as is the A2 at Teynham!

the old sheppey crossing is open. new bridge shut due to high winds

Posted

After our 6-8 inches in February, this depth looks rather pathetic. We've got about 2 inches in places, and the road is mostly clear even though it hasn't been gritted; nevertheless the schools are closed etc.

I've uploaded some pics here : http://picasaweb.google.com/dupplawt/Snow18thDecember09#

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Bluebell hill is closed, M2 is closed, A2 is down to the two middle lanes, power is fluctuating regularly after power cuts last night - I certainly won't be staying too long at work today in Erith. Main problem is abandoned cars from last night, and the fact that Medway Council still haven't found out what the word 'gritter' means.

More snow for west Kent plank?

Posted

Just wanted to say to everyone who missed out on the snow to make sure you don't forget about Saturday night.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs423.gif

The GFS continues to suggest a cold front moving SE during tomorrow night. Now the BBC/Met O aren't saying much about this because they are concentrating on today. Always difficult to predict the behaviour of a cold front but the risk of further snow tomorrow is possible.

Posted

Thanks,dont travel unless you have too,thats a tough decision,its important but maybe not as important as not getting there at all ,some one must have a formula ie,need to go vs unpleasant consequences :unsure: :drinks:

Posted

After our 6 inches in February, this depth looks rather pathetic. We've got about 2 inches in places, and the road is mostly clear even though it hasn't been gritted; nevertheless the schools are closed etc.

I've uploaded some pics here : http://picasaweb.google.com/dupplawt/Snow18thDecember09#

Tommy that is pretty good seeing as for about 4 hours maybe longer the heavier snow stream was to the west and south east of you in 2 different areas. Just very unlucky with the way it set itself up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

snow and rain mix today, I think. Don't expect too much.

Ignored!

Posted

Had a good 5-6 inches of the white stuff last night! :unsure: Quite a few trees/branches down under the weight of the snow. Looking at the dutch radar http://www.buienradar.nl/ some decent areas of snow pushing in from the NE....maybe a chance of some more clipping east Suffolk and East Essex later today? What are peoples thoughts?

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Blue skies here now, town looks stunning with the thick snow cover.

All roads in centre of town covered in compacted snow, very little traffic, main road outside my office usually heaving this time of day, but only occasional vehicle going past. No trains running atm. Amazing what 7 inches can do in this country.

Posted

Just had another snow shower, moderate at times. Now at work I can see that Gatwick is still at a standstill!