Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well below freezing here, no snow melt out of the sun.

Plenty of icicles about!!!

Those in the North East thread are reporting the band in fattening and getting wider.

Good news for us then, we could be in for more than forecasted snow?

Posted

ah, yes, the long lost and nearly extinct icicle :lol: how well we are been treated this year for those of us old enough to nearly forget what a proper winter used to be like

Posted

How often do we see fronts from the north, dying a death before they get to our region. I hope this isnt the case tonight, but think it maybe unfortunately.

Posted

How often do we see fronts from the north, dying a death before they get to our region. I hope this isnt the case tonight, but think it maybe unfortunately.

It's an active front and this is the key thing to remember, it's moving quite quickly though but could still produce some heavy snowfall. I'd say it looks like at the moment 2 hours worth of snow maximum but this is still enough time to see some good totals.

Posted

Anyone explain where this mild sector is or meant to be?

From what i've heard its mainly to the west of us coming down from Ireland to south-west England. But it could effect us at the start of the band with freezing rain a possibility but soon turning to snow.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

It's an active front and this is the key thing to remember, it's moving quite quickly though but could still produce some heavy snowfall. I'd say it looks like at the moment 2 hours worth of snow maximum but this is still enough time to see some good totals.

12z GFS looks like a slight upgrade in precipitation as well.

post-4523-12612369541658_thumb.gif

post-4523-12612369743558_thumb.gif

c

Posted

Crazy temperatures in East Anglia at the moment. Marham and Wattisham are -5 deg. C at 3PM!

I know we got to 3C here today and over the course of 2 hours it's now sitting at -1.8C from that 3C amazing and it's now almost totally still no wind to speak of

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Crazy temperatures in East Anglia at the moment. Marham and Wattisham are -5 deg. C at 3PM!

Yeps! and both locations PEAKED at -4.0oC! Im 21 and I dont remember a day so cold?

Posted

yes Nick, it does seem to be moving quickly, lets hope is slows or even stalls as it hits the colder southern air mass smile.gif

Edited by MAF

Posted

From what i've heard its mainly to the west of us coming down from Ireland to south-west England. But it could effect us at the start of the band with freezing rain a possibility but soon turning to snow.

Thanks mate! That would explain why people in the North west thread are moaning but people in North East thread are not!:lol:

I'm suprised there are not more people on line: Winter Shopping? Or just it hasn't been publicised as much down here?

Edited by saint

Posted

true enough. Hopefully it will slow down a bit. Its moving incredibly fast. Blink and miss it snow event!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

yes Nick, it does semm to be oving quickly, lets hope is slows or even stalls as it hits the colder southern air mass :D

Thats would be the most IDEAL outcome... we can but hope :lol:

Posted

Max temp of -2.2c here today, currently -3.7c but some cloud coming in from the north west which might mean the temperatures don't drop like I thought they would before the front arrives.

Posted

true enough. Hopefully it will slow down a bit. Its moving incredibly fast. Blink and miss it snow event!

Blink for 2 hours and you'll miss it. Sounds like my Sunday afternoon "blink" after a couple down the local at lunchtime.

Posted

Ah this is good, the 12z is a ppn upgrade, and doesn't have it virtually missing us in the far east. The ukmo looks decent for ppn as well. all is good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Temperatures plumeting now. Max of -0.9c at 10.20am, -3C most of the afternoon, now -4.7c.

3 inches of laying snow not melting all day, it's beautiful out there.

Posted

Also, I suspect this front will rotate slightly at some point, and those places being snowed upon as it rotates will do best. It is fast moving and will complete this process quite quickly I would imagine, but I suspect that some places will be favoured by such a rotation.

Posted