Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Morning everyone :p First post so be gentle ;)

My Dad is going up to watch the Spurs game at Blackburn today. Do you think he'll run into snow?

Would love some snow where I am, only got a dusting other day ;)

Morning Snowballz, Welcome to the board! :hi:

Your dad may run into some snow later this afternoon/evening as the band moves south, But WHY would anyone want to watch a spurs game :D . It should'nt reach your area until the early hours of the morning, there's a good chance you should see something from it.

Everywhere is still white here, a very very cold day and its a picture perfect scene at the moment! :D

Matt. :D

Posted

Very Strange we are now down to -9c in Biggin Hill from -6.5c first thing this morning the cold air from the front must be moving in. whistling.gif

not unusual actually CND. many morning in london the temps drop after sunrise and then go up again. not sure whether the change in temps in the morning have a technical term or not. maybe someone better knowlegble could say :)

Posted

Sorry trying to capture the symbol for Biggin Hill forecast for Monday of very heavy snow is this correct -and is any one else experiencing a dramatic drop in temps at the moment. Day after tomorrow feeling -

2098.htm

Edited by charlton north-downs

Posted

Is Ashford going to get any more form this front moving down tonight? we only got an inch (if that) from the other night(to far east) and we seem to have missed the snow last night and this morning(to far west!!!!!)

Help anyone my kids are desperate to go out and play in some snow!! :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

It's stopped now...Doh !!

If you look at the radar it was just an isolated shower, there will be a few around this morning but not many. Wait for early hours tonight when the front moves down :)

Posted

This is fascinating and a very rare occurrence as the temps are still falling . The air is so dry that my wife just went outside and thinks its not as cold as earlier. Dry continental or arctic air just what our winters are missing most of the time.

Edited by charlton north-downs

Posted

Sorry trying to capture the symbol for Biggin Hill forecast for Monday of very heavy snow is this correct -and is any one else experiencing a dramatic drop in temps at the moment. Day after tomorrow feeling -

not working for me :)

this is BBC symbol :)

27.gif?v32_12

Posted

Can someone please post a link to a good radar so i can see whats going on!!!!

Posted

Current temp here is -3C, roads are very icy, another dusting overnight on top of the 5 inches I have, a winter wonderland outside!

Posted

Is Ashford going to get any more form this front moving down tonight? we only got an inch (if that) from the other night(to far east) and we seem to have missed the snow last night and this morning(to far west!!!!!)

Help anyone my kids are desperate to go out and play in some snow!! crazy.gifwallbash.gif

well you may get them out early morning if the forecast goes to plan :) am hoping around 3'ish for London, so around 4 onwards for you down the road there :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Pitty theres not more of an Easterly element in that streamer, would have given much of kent and parts of Essex a lovely surprise this morning.

New fax chart just out 06T tomorrow, shows the cold front clearing, notice the little feature just to the North of Norfolk, and troughs moving down from the Northern Irish Sea on a stiffish NWly airflow which might produce another organised band of snow showers for some of our region Sunday PM.

So, 2-5cm extreme SE and on the SE coasts.

5-10cm rest of SE but maybe a bit more in places like North East Anglia.

:) Snowray

Posted

If you look at the radar it was just an isolated shower, there will be a few around this morning but not many. Wait for early hours tonight when the front moves down :)

That's the problem. I'm on the 6 to 10 shift again. I just hope the roads are clear between Lowesoft and Reedham.

Posted

By tomorrow evening parts of this region over the space of a few days could of had 10 inches of snow or possibly even more!

Posted

well you may get them out early morning if the forecast goes to plan :) am hoping around 3'ish for London, so around 4 onwards for you down the road there :)

Thank you MAF heres hopeing then!!

Posted

-3.1c still at Charlwood - I have noticed that the snow is still melting slightly in the sunshine...

Still fell over on my way to the Co-op on the inch of ice!

Posted

Also noticeable that North Sea Convection is at work again on the band of snow - its formed almost its own little system on the eastern flank. This i'm guessing is the heavier stuff that is due to hit NE England later on - i'd imagine this could carry right on down to EA and the SE too

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Pitty theres not more of an Easterly element in that streamer, would have given much of kent and parts of Essex a lovely surprise this morning.

New fax chart just out 06T tomorrow, shows the cold front clearing, notice the little feature just to the North of Norfolk, and troughs moving down from the Northern Irish Sea on a stiffish NWly airflow which might produce another organised band of snow showers for some of our region Sunday PM.

So, 2-5cm extreme SE and on the SE coasts.

5-10cm rest of SE but maybe a bit more in places like North East Anglia.

:) Snowray

Oh, forgot to load the chart. :)

post-3094-12612219268358_thumb.gif

Posted

LP on Tuesday does certainly look like bringing very heavy snowfall to SOME parts of the region, not all, the trend will be the further East you are on Tuesday the more likely you to see rain or sleet, the further west more likely snow