Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Sorry one other thing, I'm not sure it's going to become all that much wider. If you look at the ppn charts, the area covered during each 6 hour period looks about the same in width and depth, which suggests that the band will be of consistent dimensions and intensity. The only alternative is that it will become narrower and snow more heavily, or that it will grow wider and snow more lightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

true enough. Hopefully it will slow down a bit. Its moving incredibly fast. Blink and miss it snow event!

Is it likely to slow down that much?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

Snow tonight, anywhere between 1-4 inches (2-10cm) is likely across many parts of the region. Possible widespread snow Monday night into Tuesday, as low pressure pushes up from the south, but there is low confidence on this at the moment.

looking good then...... thanks for replyin

Posted

Sorry one other thing, I'm not sure it's going to become all that much wider. If you look at the ppn charts, the area covered during each 6 hour period looks about the same in width and depth, which suggests that the band will be of consistent dimensions and intensity. The only alternative is that it will become narrower and snow more heavily, or that it will grow wider and snow more lightly.

True on a very simple scale, but there are all sorts of topographical and meso-scale variables which could affect this

The reason for the band narrowing across the borders is im guessing due to the uplift and compression over the southern uplands

Id imagine 2-5cms is likely by the time it gets down here, but then thats going roughly with model projections. If we were to see, however, some interaction with the north sea...well, things could get very interesting through the early hours

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

radar suggests it is widening and increasing in intensity, after losing a bit of its mojo - and temps suggest all snow for EA and SE. Good times.

Posted

i was awake at half 5 this morning to see it chucking it down with the white stuff. hope i wake up to the same tmrrw!

well i am up at 0430 for work tomorrow morning, i can give you a shout if you want :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Crazy temperatures in East Anglia at the moment. Marham and Wattisham are -5 deg. C at 3PM!

Local station Wattisham reporting -5.4 ° C :shok: with a 1 degree drop in the past hour. My husband's come back with 3 dead fingers from filling the Landy with diesel — won't wear gloves whatever I say.

Even if the front came directly from the Sahara, surely it would turn to snow once it hits those minima. :cold: :cold: :cold:

Posted

Why no weather warning from the Met about this snow event tonight?

il second that??? i dont know why every1 is sayin we all gettin snow but no warnings for here either??? confuzzled

Posted

It looks to be getting wider , as it looks to be pushing in more from the east , it will be more interesting when it hits lincolnshire, which sould be about 9/10 pm tonight.....snow on !!!

Posted

There are warnings for Northern England out from meto, unsure as to why there are none further south especially considering the amount of snow already on the ground...sure there will be one out for later on :cold:

Posted

Do most people still have lying snow from yesterday?

loads down here lol

Posted

They may not be too sure at the moment for how much may fall, If they think it is big enough, they will issue a flash warning

Yep about 5 inches(12.5cm) Very slight melt on south facing grass and roofs

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Yes apart from the pavements where people have walked, and the the roads, we still have 12cm of lying snow on cars, grass in Ipswich, this is repeated across Suffolk and Essex :cold: There is still snow on the roofs here too!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Yeah I was wondering also, they are only warning for ice tomorrow.

Getting cloder still, just dipped below -3c.

il second that??? i dont know why every1 is sayin we all gettin snow but no warnings for here either??? confuzzled

well it may not warrant a warning, that does not mean it wont snow, just that the met o will only give a flash warning if it gets to be worse than they anticipate. :cold:

Posted

Is there any time estimation at when the band will arrive into the SE?

Are we looking at around 12am-1am?

Posted

People on the North East thread now mentioning a slow down of the PPN, good news, and the Met have issued flash warnings as far south as Yorkshire and Humber so far

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Local weather station: (Located in St. Albans)

Temp -3c

Dewpoint -6c

London City Airport closest weather station

0c

-3 Dewpoint

Expecting that to drop alot now and havent seen those sort of figures in a while at 4pm.

If we get hit with snow tonight can see City airport cancelling lots of flights tomorrow.

Posted

People on the North East thread now mentioning a slow down of the PPN, good news

Yep!! I'm confused though where the mild sector is........

North East thread saying out in the north sea but in here saying it's in the North West! Confused!:cold: