Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

By tomorrow evening parts of this region over the space of a few days could of had 10 inches of snow or possibly even more!

Dont rub it in!!!!! :doh::80:

Posted

LP on Tuesday does certainly look like bringing very heavy snowfall to SOME parts of the region, not all, the trend will be the further East you are on Tuesday the more likely you to see rain or sleet, the further west more likely snow

So where does that leave me lol i am mid kent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow; Thunderstorms; Heat Waves

Morning Snowballz, Welcome to the board! :80:

Your dad may run into some snow later this afternoon/evening as the band moves south, But WHY would anyone want to watch a spurs game :doh: . It should'nt reach your area until the early hours of the morning, there's a good chance you should see something from it.

Everywhere is still white here, a very very cold day and its a picture perfect scene at the moment! :doh:

Matt. :80:

Coolio, I'll let him know :good:

haha All my family are die hard Tottenham :D Doubt we'll win today but did give Man City a kicking the other night so who knows lol

Hope I see some snow later on, it's boring seeing such a shaking of suger on my grass

Posted

So where does that leave me lol i am mid kent.

Although there is low confidence on this LP, Kent is more likely to see sleet or rain rather than snow im afraid to say, hopefully I will be proven wrong but snow doesnt look likely at the moment on Monday Tuesday in Kent

Posted

Snow in East Kent doesn't seem to be thawing which is a good thing... Hopefully it will get the "Top-Up" tonight :doh:

Posted

never mind then i have had enough of it i can't get up my road it is frozen and the gritters do not grit cul de sacs so i am stuffed in getting to my house by car. This effects all the people in my road and ther are huge trees on the side the sun shines so it does not melt in the sun either so noone is even trying to go out as they all know they will fail. This means the snow is not broken up and stays around for a good while oh and i am up a hill too.

I love snow and would love some more but am glad that it is not coming.

On another note this cold spell has been fantastic still white hardly any melt and if i did nopt have to go out perfect to look at.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Recent satellite image shows nicely the snow across the SE and E Anglia:

http://www.sat24.com/region.aspx?type=last&time=200912191215&country=gb

Posted
............Hope I see some snow later on, it's boring seeing such a shaking of suger on my grass

oops.gif sorry about that, i meant to shake the shaker a bit harder :lol:

Posted

Temps still at -6C as of 11.30am. I reckon I will strugle to rise above -2C today and thats being generous.

What a classic cold spell this is turning out to be. Currently have 5 inches of snow outside with sub zero temps and the roads are like ice rinks. More snow tonight followed by a rapid drop in temps behind the front. You can't really ask or expect much more than that especially in Dec.

Posted

http://www.sat24.com...1215&country=gb

Hi Nick, what is your take on LP on Monday and Tuesday as it pushes up from the south? Do you think that snow will affect a good part of the region on Monday into Tuesday?

Posted

Temps still at -6C as of 11.30am. I reckon I will strugle to rise above -2C today and thats being generous.

What a classic cold spell this is turning out to be. Currently have 5 inches of snow outside with sub zero temps and the roads are like ice rinks. More snow tonight followed by a rapid drop in temps behind the front. You can't really ask or expect much more than that especially in Dec.

How bad is it over your way mate?

I drive for a living and i'm out your way sunday night monday morning.

Areas around kings cliffe, sibson , wansford.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

http://www.sat24.com/region.aspx?type=last&time=200912191215&country=gb

Wow great sat there!

On another note its still -6/-7oC in places at almost midday - gonna be a cold one indeed!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

BBC graphics go with the idea tomorrow morning that a band of snow showers passes through after the main band of snow tonight

Posted

How bad is it over your way mate?

I drive for a living and i'm out your way sunday night monday morning.

Areas around kings cliffe, sibson , wansford.

At the moment the side roads are horrendous with compacted snow which has turned into sheet of ice. I imagine the rural roads are similiar but hopefully the main roads are clear. My family live in Wansford and apparently there were many problems on the A47 into Peterborough and my poor old family were left stranded in Stamford as all buses/taxis were pulled off the roads.

Alot really depends on the front tonight. I imagine only just a few more cms would cause additional problems.

Posted

At the moment the side roads are horrendous with compacted snow which has turned into sheet of ice. I imagine the rural roads are similiar but hopefully the main roads are clear. My family live in Wansford and apparently there were many problems on the A47 into Peterborough and my poor old family were left stranded in Stamford as all buses/taxis were pulled off the roads.

Alot really depends on the front tonight. I imagine only just a few more cms would cause additional problems.

Cheers for that.

Might be giving PE8 a miss.

Posted

In terms of the discussion of monday/tuesday here at the moment, id suggest a sensible borderline for the rain/snow differences may be M4, M25, A12 - NW of here looks likely to be of sleet/snow for longer, SE of this line more likely to turn to rain/sleet for a time

Of course this is assuming that none of us have learnt our lesson over the last few days and ignore:

a ) GROSS underestimation of temps and dew points

b ) The track of the LP is exactly as progged from 48-72 hours out

c ) The precipitation isnt as expansive or heavy and there is certainly no convection that will take place

All of these factors lead me to the conclusion that we may all be pleasantly surprised

SK

Edited by snowking

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

wow , just seen a car come off the motorway from the east kent region... He must've had 5inches on his car , no idea what part of east kent though :lol:

Posted

wow , just seen a car come off the motorway from the east kent region... He must've had 5inches on his car , no idea what part of east kent though nea.gif

had about that here in SE London yesterday morning :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

BBC forecast just showed the main front marching through the whole country followed by a band of showers...I reckon 10cm is on the cards tonight on top of what EA already has. Exciting times.

Incidentally he said it will be cold right up until Christmas :)

wow , just seen a car come off the motorway from the east kent region... He must've had 5inches on his car , no idea what part of east kent though :lol:

Maybe he was travelling down from here mate? :lol: :lol:

Oh and its -4oC at midday here in Ipswich!!

Edited by i luv snow