Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Personally I'd rather a 2 day toppler that gives us a good dumping than this extended dry cold stuff. At least they tend to deliver the goods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

The sun is out and the temperature is on the rise again, now 3.6c, cloud to my south but the north and west seem clear, so no sign of showers, hope for atleast one later today or overnight!

So there is a chance of seeing some snow later in the week then? or will it most likely be rain?

Posted

So there is a chance of seeing some snow later in the week then? or will it most likely be rain?

We might see a good fall next week but it's quite uncertain and as ever it'll be very mariginal as to whether its snow or sleet or rain. Personally I'm feeling pessimistic about chancse but may just be due to last night's dissapointment...

Posted

Snow nearly melted here now after a good dusting overnight, my outside temp is showing 8c from 0.9c about 2 hours ago. Not sure if that is correct but we do have a westerly wind again blowing warm air off the irish sea.

Gone very dark here and starting again. Snowing heavily over the mountains and heading your way I would think, westerlies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

We might see a good fall next week but it's quite uncertain and as ever it'll be very mariginal as to whether its snow or sleet or rain. Personally I'm feeling pessimistic about chancse but may just be due to last night's dissapointment...

It would be nice to see a good fall, just guess all we can do now if hope for the best, seeming its not been so good for us so far! I am doubting if we will see anything apart from rain at the moment but just have to wait and see, as there is still time for things to change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temperture nearly above freezing, -0.7c at the moment and rising quickly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

There's been a lot of very cold weather in the East of the U.S recently, what are the chances of it coming our way?

Posted

There's been a lot of very cold weather in the East of the U.S recently, what are the chances of it coming our way?

I am sure it said on the news that it was now heading north.

Posted

morning all, morning wales! well what i can say very dissappointed apart from the very slight sleet later last night/early this morning. Went to bed at 1am and not a sausage! Not going to get my hopes up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

There is a silver lining to all this dissapointment. Forecasting snow is difficult and although we're not getting a lot of the showers forecast yesterday, this also means that they could get the forecast wrong in the future when they say there won't be any snow :D

Posted

There is a silver lining to all this dissapointment. Forecasting snow is difficult and although we're not getting a lot of the showers forecast yesterday, this also means that they could get the forecast wrong in the future when they say there won't be any snow :D

I find that frequently happens... often when snow is forecast it doesn't come and when it's not foreacst it does. Some of the most memorable snow events I can remember came as surprises. Hopefully a nice big one is in store for us eh?

Posted

Jackone to be onest I'm rather disappointed that there isn't so much activity coming in off the Irish sea, Seems very poor for this kind of setup.

Looks a few showers heading up the briston channel tonight.

Posted

Looks a few showers heading up the briston channel tonight.

Yeah that's tonigght yesterday it looked asif we'de be getting non stop showers. this is very very disappointing.

Posted

Yeah that's tonigght yesterday it looked asif we'de be getting non stop showers. this is very very disappointing.

Had more snow last January to this spell yet under a poorer set-up and then we had inversion conditions.

Clear skies with some cloud now blocking the sun off -0.4c

Posted

Latest models show we might still claim the prize event with snow on xmas eve!!!!!!!!!!!

102-574.GIF?20-6

This would certainly dump many inches and give us all a very white Christmas. Very far out though and probably will change, something to keep an eye on though as Met Office show something similar.

Posted

BBC just said snow on Tues in north and mid wales then just odd showers for xmas day, but nothing to get excited about, snow mostly in scotland.

Posted

Was hoping there were loads of snow showers coming in off the Irish Sea for us Today.

They're all further North approaching Northern Ireland.

There might be showers off the Bristol Channel later. That would be good. Another waiting game.

Posted

The east has had the snow, the north having snow our turn is next, according to country file forecaste we in the swest come under attack from a lp in the swest .Sleet snow trying to push in tues wednesday.The prize trophy thursday friday snow pushing into the west.what a forecaste A WHITE XMAS.

Posted

To be onest I'm not going to watch the models this week, Last week things were pushed further ahead and ahead it was snow maybe thursday night then maybe showers saturday, Ok we did have a dusting but nothing special then a few inches saturday night which was mostly rain snow later on and a slight dusting this morning, A day pact with snow showers a foot today? that hasn't materialised. Might be showers up the Bristol Channel so knowing my luck ill be too far north. So for us here very poor. It will change before Christmas Eve guaranteed and the way last night panned out i have no faith in the cold air winning any battles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

If I dont get snow here at all from this cold snap im moving :L

Posted

The snow showers that are currently showing over northern eire, are they likely to continue through the republic and then to us or more likely to fizzle out by the time they reach eastern ireland.