Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

OMG code red pixels....

INCOMING

S

Bexleyheath = Sweet spot for snow!

Posted

We had that thursday night - irritating isn't it? finally had to switch it off and go to bed!!

Lost our sky for about 2 hours thursday night aswell

Posted

We had that thursday night - irritating isn't it? finally had to switch it off and go to bed!!

Has anyone else also noticed how bad the phone reception is when there is lying snow? I guess it must get stuck in the transmitters!

Posted

Well still snowing here but nowhere near as intense as 20 mins ago

In the space of 30 mins we must have had 4cms out there - my next door neighbour (who i will add is in his late 30's) has just been out there making a snowman

Not seen flakes that big since the infamous 2004 event.

That starts to make up for the fact we were in the dry zone on thurs night - hoping for something from those channel lows next week

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Evening all

Long time lurker, I thought given the excitement it's time for my first post.

Been snowing here near Danbury for around 10 mins, huge flakes, getting heavier.

Posted

Temps look marginal at first in London but as soon as the heavier part of the band comes through it will drag down the snow level in an instant so nothing to worry about there.

Front plusing down a touch now again, hopefully this just hurries up and reach my location before too much damage is done to the strength of the precip...

Posted

if the radar is correct i am getting loads now but clear out there, been watching that front coming down all day and now nowt:whistling:

edit its snowing:drinks:

Cheers Andy H, hammered at a party in NW London, your post claims the prize as the funniest of the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in summer and proper cold in winter

wow intense now, large flakes in large volumes

Posted

I suspect that the built up London heat sink is possibly pepping up the ppn a little. This sometimes helps to make thunderstorms more in intense during the summer.