Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I missed the weather forecast is it going to stall over us?

Look East and national showed it not clearing the area until 5am at the very earliest. Like jimben I don't want to jinx it but... :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

This has been a massive, massive letdown even by Shrewsbury standards; there is snow in Cheshire, Worcs, Wales, E Mids, SE, N England, everywhere it seems except most of Shropshire.

kinda why half of me wants the Atlantic to roll back in, we will not see any snow from this, need a fresh new cold spell after a mild interlude

Posted

Accuweather are forecasting another 2-3 inches for Northants tonight!

Northampton, United Kingdom (Northamptonshire, England)

Monday Night, Dec 21

More Details/AccuPop™

Snow

Intermittent wet snow, accumulating 3-8 cm. Winds from the SSW at 11 km/h.

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast.asp?partner=forecastfox&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|UK|UK187|Northampton&metric=1

Posted

It looked very close to us but I don't want to jinx it. Yellows breaking out on the radar in Northants come on !!! Getting closer to Leicester now

Could you point me in the right direction for those yellowslaugh.gif

Looking good, now just need this beauty to stall over us for several hours. If all goes to plan, we could see some very decent accumulations out of this.

Lets not jix things laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Could you point me in the right direction for those yellowslaugh.gif

Lets not jix things laugh.gif

Just to our south and looking as if east northants getting quite heavy falls as well

Posted

Only started here at 6pm, now big thick flakes and about an inch so far on top of the existing 10-12 cm or so remaining from previous. Snow is wetter tonight, currently 0.4C. Shades of February on this one now if it does keep it up until 5am!!! Haha, we have spawned it again!

Posted

kinda why half of me wants the Atlantic to roll back in, we will not see any snow from this, need a fresh new cold spell after a mild interlude

Hearing the likes of "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas", "Frosty the Snowman" etc all day long on the radio makes it even more painful. Also knowing that we don't escape the showers in the warmer months (look at this July for instance). Today we had something that in Shrewsbury in summer is as rare as heavy snow in winter- namely unbroken sunshine!

Posted

This is like a cruel joke!!! why why why why why oh why can't it just move a few miles to the northwest? you can see the bloody thing starting to pivot now so this means it's not gonna get any further north and west now....gutted! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Only started here at 6pm, now big thick flakes and about an inch so far on top of the existing 10-12 cm or so remaining from previous. Snow is wetter tonight, currently 0.4C. Shades of February on this one now if it does keep it up until 5am!!! Haha, we have spawned it again!

East Northants fast becoming the snow capital of the east midlands !!

Posted

East Northants fast becoming the snow capital of the east midlands !!

Lots of wheel spinning going on outside. At least I should be able to make an easy decision before bedtime whether to work from home tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

*Harry Hill style*

Biggest over estimation of a snow depth of the weeeeeeeeeek.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Seems to be a bit backwards here... temperature has risen to 2.6c and the existing 'sprinkling' we had from Saturday night appears to be vanishing.

Right, that's it! If the mountain won't come to Mahomet...

Edited by Nabraxas

Posted

Seems to be a bit backwards here... temperature has risen to 2.6c and the existing 'sprinkling' we had from Saturday night appears to be vanishing.

That will be the p** take factor kicking in, not only can we not manage any more than 000.1cm of snow, now our salvation snow front is gonna wipe out our paultry snowcover without dropping a flake??? OMG??!!!!! :lol:

Posted

That will be the p** take factor kicking in, not only can we not manage any more than 000.1cm of snow, now our salvation snow front is gonna wipe out our paultry snowcover without dropping a flake??? OMG??!!!!! :yahoo:

Give us a beer or 5 mate, the snow has missed by 3 miles, *looks for some high strength painkillers to wash it down with.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

*Harry Hill style*

Biggest over estimation of a snow depth of the weeeeeeeeeek.

Theres only one way to settle this.......whistling.gif

Currently about 1cm in Melton and 3cm in Oakham.....nonono.gif

Whispy flakes dancing in the air tho!pardon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Hearing the likes of "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas", "Frosty the Snowman" etc all day long on the radio makes it even more painful. Also knowing that we don't escape the showers in the warmer months (look at this July for instance). Today we had something that in Shrewsbury in summer is as rare as heavy snow in winter- namely unbroken sunshine!

if this was rain, it would never miss, when I want it dry it never is, at least from tomorrow countdown to summer! days get longer now until just before Wimbledon

Posted

Still snowing light to moderate here and has been for an 1.5 hrs. We currently have around 1cm on top of the snow we had the other day.

Posted

Just to show you guys why i'm so pi**ed off

It's not moved any further North in the last hour but moving North East and missing me by what... 2 miles?

post-2115-12614252218713_thumb.jpg