Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just to show you guys why i'm so pi**ed off

It's not moved any further North in the last hour but moving North East and missing me by what... 2 miles?

It would have only been very light snow/snizzle anyway, I doubt you would have missed much mate.

Posted

same for le10 andy :lol:

Same for cv12, but we are further away!!! we'd better get this bloody new years' blizzard or i'm gonna tell north korea to blow the sun up!!!!!! :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It would have only been very light snow/snizzle anyway, I doubt you would have missed much mate.

better than nothing, my temp falling slowly now -2.2C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I'm slightly confused I have to admit. Had my parents on the phone and 2 friends calling all saying that the bbc said warwickshire in the firing line for snow tonight?

Told them it appears to be retreating so no chance and they said it's not due til after midnight? So is there going to be another change in direction? Or is the snow in the channel going to push up? Or is it all dog biscuits?

Posted

better than nothing, my temp falling slowly now -2.2C

I would much rather get a hard frost than a few small flakes.

Posted

Just to show you guys why i'm so pi**ed off

It's not moved any further North in the last hour but moving North East and missing me by what... 2 miles?

That's bloody unlucky there :diablo: , i've just run through the animation for 2hrs and i bet you've torn all your hair out :lol: !!

I'll say you'll get something very soon :hi: .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Oh and my temperature is rising. DP almost on 0 and temp of 0.3 so all our lovely frost and ice could melt anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I would much rather get a hard frost than a few small flakes.

sky mainly clear now, my frost fest continuing to thicken

Posted

I'm slightly confused I have to admit. Had my parents on the phone and 2 friends calling all saying that the bbc said warwickshire in the firing line for snow tonight?

Told them it appears to be retreating so no chance and they said it's not due til after midnight? So is there going to be another change in direction? Or is the snow in the channel going to push up? Or is it all dog biscuits?

I heard that stupid shefali woman say that too, but I cannot see where it's gonna come from? the southern half of the front is already starting to move eastwards so, unless something weird happens, Warks ain't gonna see nuttin' innit!

Posted

Light snow just started to fall here, looking at the radar it's only going to be a few hours of continuous light snowfall, but it's a nice little bonus to what we already have.

Posted

Ok tell me I'm wrong but click the player on this link for the recent midlands today forecast and does shefali say that Warwickshire is earmarked for 5.cm's snow and then when the graphics run, the dam thing doesn't get anywhere near?

she totally contradicts the graphics!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2199?&search=coventry&itemsPerPage=10&region=world

she also says it might get as far as brum?? wtf?

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Light snow just started to fall here, looking at the radar it's only going to be a few hours of continuous light snowfall, but it's a nice little bonus to what we already have.

thats great, misesd leicester by half a mile , but it is snowing in nottingham ???? That is really sticking the knife in.

Posted

Ok tell me I'm wrong but click the player on this link for the recent midlands today forecast and does shefali say that Warwickshire is earmarked for 5.cm's snow and then when the graphics run, the dam thing doesn't get anywhere near?

she totally contradicts the graphics!

http://news.bbc.co.u...10&region=world

she also says it might get as far as brum?? wtf?

Ignore Shefali, she is the worst forecaster on the TV full stop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

If you have snow right now or when you get it a good thing to do is push it into a huge mountain (preferably at the front so others can see it) so when the milder air comes in and its raining and no one else has snow, your mountain will be there for much longer and others will think 'they did well'. It makes it seem you had alot more than you did. :whistling:

Posted

C'mon Andy, what's happening? Now showing precip over LE3!!

Posted

If you have snow right now or when you get it a good thing to do is push it into a huge mountain (preferably at the front so others can see it) so when the milder air comes in and its raining and no one else has snow, your mountain will be there for much longer and others will think 'they did well'. It makes it seem you had alot more than you did. :mellow:

This is Nuneaton's Mount Jud.....do you think it'll be big enough?? lol.

MOUNTJUD.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This is Nuneaton's Mount Jud.....do you think it'll be big enough?? lol.

MOUNTJUD.gif

Its a start. :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Band must have missed by a few miles, not had a single flake here all night but the radar shows it was very very close but it's moving away now. Ah well, *tries to be positive* our time will come another time, maybe :mellow:

Posted

Ok ok let's look at this objectively, the precip' at the minute is straggling the eastern most part of are region, but the meto's warning are until 6.00am tomorrow. now if you look at the radar loop, the precip' down in hampshire looks to bee traveling more NN/E as opposed to the band just to our east travelling NE, so maybe we will get a second batch which will push a little more westwards and clip Warks/Leics?

This is just my scraping the barrel. :lol:

Posted

Band must have missed by a few miles, not had a single flake here all night but the radar shows it was very very close but it's moving away now. Ah well, *tries to be positive* our time will come another time, maybe :lol:

Yep , whenever the next Ice age starts .. probably only gotta wait another 50000 years. xmas eve will likely be rain , or at least turn to rain , so it will be melted by xmas day even if it does.