Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I think i'm gunna have a conary soon! :oops:

Come on you bugger!!

I swear, if this slides East now I will overdose :lol:

*NetWeather forum prays for band to slide East*

Okay maybe not 6 miles away :| im in LE3 it needs to get here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

LE3 CREW! :oops:

Near Fosse Park me, Braunie Town FTW

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Must be just as close to us, but as yet not a sausage, please let this thing move a bit!!! :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

While we have all been concerned with the track, has anybody actually noticed that it is very weak now?

Posted

wednesday night looks interesting... the band will be the heaviest to hit the UK since the cold spell began BUT much more marginal... tricky one this.

Posted

While we have all been concerned with the track, has anybody actually noticed that it is very weak now?

Weak, eh? Just seen a live report from Luton (Look East 6:30) where it was absolutely hammering it down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

I think this could be a good event for Northants. The snow band will pivot NW in the coming hours and stay there overnight. BBC graphics showed snow over us until at least 5am. clap.gif

Must admit it's still light at the moment but continuous.

I just saw that and thought exactly the same...... could we really get that lucky surely not ? Still coming down steady temp 1.0c and

dewpoint -1.3c

Posted

OMG, it's stopped, it's not going to reach me, I knew it would stop with a few miles to go, this is unreal lol. Past 15 mins on radar show that it's not progressing any further North.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

wednesday night looks interesting... the band will be the heaviest to hit the UK since the cold spell began BUT much more marginal... tricky one this.

wont happen I can feel it, this cold spell isnt to be, roll in atlantic id say, maybe get some snow next cold spell, will probably end up southeast of here

Posted

Agreed. A very tricky one to forecast so they likely won't bother and just say "rain, sleet or snow" instead, much like they are doing tonight in a much less marginal setup. :blink:

Posted

I don't agree, the BBC seems to think it's going to fragment (look at the website) and the forecaster woman said its going to be mainly dry for the rest of the week

Does anything otherwise prove this?

Posted

I want it to move south quickly now, the cloud is ruining my plummeting temperature.

Posted

It might move slowly but surely ahah.

In the past 30 mins it's progressed Northwards about 5 miles. It needs to go another 8 miles to reach us, it's starting to stall though, it's around the time when it's forecast to stall and head off East so if it decides to do that within the next 30 mins we will miss it by about a mile :blink:

If I don't see snow tonight will be the biggest week of disapointments as a snow lover ever. People can shoot me down all they want and say "But I haven't even seen a dusting blah blah" But when you miss out on a good cover of snow by 10-20 miles about 3 times a row it's a lot worse than missing out by about 50 miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I'm beginning to wonder if even rain could reach the midlands lol??!

Lol even that struggles tbh! We are a Desert compared to other/many parts of the UK! :blink:

Posted

I don't agree, the BBC seems to think it's going to fragment (look at the website) and the forecaster woman said its going to be mainly dry for the rest of the week

Does anything otherwise prove this?

Never believe in the bbc graphics unless it's on the day of the event... even their (met office) model is pance in forecasting precipiation in the short term at times.

The GFS suggests it's going to be a heavy band, where it will go and how heavy it will really be will be concluded by tommrow evening. GFS is very accurate on forecasting the positining and intensity of low's and fronts in the reliablt timeframe.

Posted

*right hook to the face*

:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Don't think it's getting any further

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Sorry

I agree - was agonisingly close to me then but yet again seems to be Northants that get it and not Warks. Still moving a little closer to those in Leics though?