Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

DOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! wallbash.gif

stupid band is going due east now- I KNEW IT!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Look on the Met office radar between 3.30 and 4pm and don't look at our ppn , look at the showers in North Wales and that will tell you exactly what way the ppn is going , the low centre must be swinging the winds/ppn around.

I'm not sure if I've understood your post

Are you referring to the warm front down south?....If you are, then the direction of N Wales showers are irrelevant as they are tied in with a separate low pressure system

post-4149-12614134815413_thumb.png

Posted

I'm not sure if I've understood your post

Are you referring to the warm front down south?....If you are, then the direction of N Wales showers are irrelevant as they are tied in with a separate low pressure system

I'm not sure , In my eyes as soon as the southern ppn started turning more Northwards the Showers over wales headed out to sea . And who ever said ppn going due East needs to go to spec savers :cold:

Posted

Look on the Met office radar between 3.30 and 4pm and don't look at our ppn , look at the showers in North Wales and that will tell you exactly what way the ppn is going , the low centre must be swinging the winds/ppn around.

Agreed.

If anyone's using Netweather's Radar switch to 850pa Wind Vectors, should give you some idea how the band is progressing north (ish) :cold:

Posted

4.30 radar again looking fantastic that is an obvious NW movement , and the ppn to the west is pepping up also . The lighter stuff must be already in Northants.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

4.30 radar again looking fantastic that is an obvious NW movement , and the ppn to the west is pepping up also . The lighter stuff must be already in Northants.

Definitely agree with that, I will have a look on the NMM to see what it predicted would happen at this time. Certainly less easterly moving than it was and much more northerly.

NMM said that we wouldn't reach this stage until after midnight, very strange. Let's hope it also gets the track wrong as well!

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

If one looks at air pressure on the netweather radar, the 988mb isobar over Birmingham indicates NW winds surely pushing the band slightly nearer?

Posted

If one looks at air pressure on the netweather radar, the 988mb isobar over Birmingham indicates NW winds surely pushing the band slightly nearer?

I Hope you mean SE winds there mate , if they were NW the ppn would head back to France :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I tell you what felow Leicestershire peeps... This is going to be right down to the wire.

Look at what the BBC predicts... If they are correct then the band will JUST! by about a few miles reach Leicester lol.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

Posted

surely this is gonna be a breaking news story soon enough :) it definately would be if that was central london

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Look at all that in the East again! Lol.

What is so wrong with this region? Everything! :)

Posted

I hope so :)

I'm just south of Birmingham so it would be nice to see some snow for a change rather than ice days and frosts. Even a little bit of a covering would be nice. :):)

Posted

surely this is gonna be a breaking news story soon enough :) it definately would be if that was central london

This has been over central London all day .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I'm not sure , In my eyes as soon as the southern ppn started turning more Northwards the Showers over wales headed out to sea . And who ever said ppn going due East needs to go to spec savers smile.gif

It is!! If you type in NG5 on NW radar and watch it over the past hour zoomed in, its going DUE EAST! wacko.gif lol!

Posted

This has been over central London all day .

i mean if the roads were as bad though, just seen a woman in london reporting live on something and it looked fairly sleety there. nt quite so sleety nw its heavier lol

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Lets be optimistic.

Had too many disapointments over the past week to be optimistic mate :rolleyes:

I think we are on for some light snizzly snow, really can't see any decent size flakes out of this for Leicester unless you are down Market Harborough or Lutterworth way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

I Hope you mean SE winds there mate , if they were NW the ppn would head back to France smile.gif

Sorry Chris that is a terrible mistake to make, yes i meant south east winds. That was so bad from a prospective met and oceans student!!! wacko.gifbiggrin.gif