Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

yep seems a waste, i look south big black clouds comming, look north blue sky, temp dropped from 2 to 0 , if only eh, 10 miles south of brum

Brum has been incedibly unlucky from this cold spell, on about the same level as Leicester. You did see about 5cm on the Lickey Hills which was nice to see a picture of.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Hi guys

Tamworth has been very unlucky also! Saying that the dusting we got last week is still there. The met office 16 day outlook looks promising though!

Posted

Yep, i'm not sure at the moment what it's going to do, I expect the heaviest stuff to be around Cambridge, Peterborough, East Northants.. While the drizzly snizzly stuff hits Leicester. Wouldn't surprised me though if nothing hit Leicester :drinks:

Yes could be an interesting evening at home tonight, similar setup to the two main snowfall events in February that were back-to-back. Bitterly cold in Bedford today, overcast and -2C at lunchtime. Mind you hardly any lying snow in the town compared to still about 4 inches 14 miles up the road in Rushden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I know I am completely out of the firing line for tonight, so I hope it doesn't cloud over so I can beat the -7c I got the other night. Probably won't beat the -8.9c I got in January or the -9.9c I got 6 or 7 years ago though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Completely clouded over here but nothing seems to be thawing. Temp is 0.9 with a dp of -1.3 so still cold enough for snow I think if it were to get anywhere close by.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Temperature has dropped 1 degree here since about 12.30 from 1.6C to 0.6C. In the last 10 mins it has dropped from 0.9 to 0.6C, quite rapidly. Now i can see the high cloud on the edge of the system to the south, will it make it to here? Not so sure?

And, a dew point of 0.3C, that seems very marginal to me but i suspect it should drop as we go through the next few hours

Edited by Paceyboy

Posted

i know its not going to get even remotely close, i was just saying, because we have had so little snow this cold spell, watching the rest of the country getting buried in it, with a few exceptions. its just a shame it has to be this way :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Temperature has dropped 1 degree here since about 12.30 from 1.6C to 0.6C. In the last 10 mins it has dropped from 0.9 to 0.6C, quite rapidly. Now i can see the high cloud on the edge of the system to the south, will it make it to here? Not so sure?

Yes temperature plummeting here as well, helped by the fact it is the shortest day of the year I think, the sun will have hardly any impact on the temperature for the rest of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

AZORES, what is your exact location? Im in Whittington, SE of Lichfield.smile.gif

Posted

AZORES, what is your exact location? Im in Whittington, SE of Lichfield.smile.gif

im about 1/3 mile away from the south staffs border, near dudley and stourbridge, the other side of the county lol :(

Edited by azores92

Posted

Latest radar run sticks 2 fingers up to me. No chance of anything falling if it carries on in that direction :whistling:

Will it won't it , Deff a more NE movement on it , Even the local weather forecasts arnt sure. Was looking ok most of the morning as well. Oh well just have to watch the radar.

Posted

Will it won't it , Deff a more NE movement on it , Even the local weather forecasts arnt sure. Was looking ok most of the morning as well. Oh well just have to watch the radar.

My prediction is that we will see some snizzly stuff off the Western edge of it, ah well.

Posted

My prediction is that we will see some snizzly stuff off the Western edge of it, ah well.

If ti does hit Leicester were gonna get the Jackpot , it is so slow moving will dump inches on us.

3.30 radar looking much better .

Posted

If ti does hit Leicester were gonna get the Jackpot , it is so slow moving will dump inches on us.

im praying your right, i think were gonna miss it to the east by about 1/2 a mile lol, infact itl probably snow on next doors house and not mine.

post-6740-12614109948013_thumb.jpg

Apparently thats what snow looks like, junction 5 of the m25 just now. Not at all jealous.

Posted

Haha not sure about inches, 1 cm possibly.

Here is the latest radar update for LE3...

That bands needs to keep moving North rather than NE otherwise we will miss about about 5 miles AGAIN.

post-2115-12614110931413_thumb.jpg

Posted

im praying your right, i think were gonna miss it to the east by about 1/2 a mile lol, infact itl probably snow on next doors house and not mine.

post-6740-12614109948013_thumb.jpg

Apparently thats what snow looks like, junction 5 of the m25 just now. Not at all jealous.

Well winds have gone SE now . that has got to help a little , the 4pm radar is going to be important.

Posted

Well winds have gone SE now . that has got to help a little , the 4pm radar is going to be important.

Pah, Met Office radar my ar*e, pay 4 quid for a months worth of 5 minute updates courtesy of NetWeather radar :lol:

Posted

its certainly gonna be a very close shave indeed, will you hit the jackpot?

Edited by azores92