Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just flicked news 24 to hear about the general election debates and what do I see? A live news reporter in Westminster in the snow, this cold spell really is torture.

Posted

It is!! If you type in NG5 on NW radar and watch it over the past hour zoomed in, its going DUE EAST! wacko.gif lol!

I suggest you take alook at the met office radar , and if it is going due east how in the last hour as it jumped from London to the South Midlands.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

It is!! If you type in NG5 on NW radar and watch it over the past hour zoomed in, its going DUE EAST! wacko.gif lol!

Just watched the depressing BBC weather forcast and they predict it will knock on Leicester's door and then head back south east again towards london (no joke!) thats too depressing... OK- Ithink my radar must be broken lol!!!! Everyone says its coming north still, I hope you guys are right!!!! my 16.00 onwards shows east wub.gif

Posted

Had too many disapointments over the past week to be optimistic mate :rolleyes:

I think we are on for some light snizzly snow, really can't see any decent size flakes out of this for Leicester unless you are down Market Harborough or Lutterworth way.

As leicester is about it's furthest point it is going to reach , it is likely to start to stall for a few hours and if it does it's game on . Would be great if it reached Nottingham , if it did we would get hit twice as it sinks back south again .

Sorry Chris that is a terrible mistake to make, yes i meant south east winds. That was so bad from a prospective met and oceans student!!! wacko.gifbiggrin.gif

It's ok mate , sounds like a typical MetOffice forecast anyway haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

You know its really bad when you know you probs wont get the snow but i still have that hope im gonna get it and am still sitting here, reading this forum and watching the radar and weather forcasts, yet im not going to get it. It's like a viscious circle, i hate the cold lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

4.30 radar again looking fantastic that is an obvious NW movement , and the ppn to the west is pepping up also . The lighter stuff must be already in Northants.

It's looking like the precip could get into Worcs if it doesn't fizzle out, which the Met Office haven't issued a weather warning for. We have about an inch lying here from Saturday night, so that might get a top-up later....

Posted

London has already had more snow this week we've had in the last 12 months! Jammy south-esterners lol nonono.gif

Posted

Luton airport now closed due to snow...

Posted

It's looking like the precip could get into Worcs if it doesn't fizzle out, which the Met Office haven't issued a weather warning for. We have about an inch lying here from Saturday night, so that might get a top-up later....

loll , we got half a cm on Sat night , it broke up over Leicester then reformed again further south . I think it is my turn tonight .. :)

Posted

A live news reporter in Westminster in the snow, this cold spell really is torture.

I'm sure the TV news channels will be getting hyper-excited over snow in London. Maybe John Terry will be offering tours of the capital's snowiest areas soon?! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

As leicester is about it's furthest point it is going to reach , it is likely to start to stall for a few hours and if it does it's game on . Would be great if it reached Nottingham , if it did we would get hit twice as it sinks back south again .

Trust me mate, if you are expecting this to stall over Leicester for a few hours and drop more than 1cm then you are going to be facing a let down. The snizzly stuff will probably reach Leicester in about an hour, stay for about 30 mins and then head slowly off South again and stall in places like Kettering, Peterborough, Bedford etc...

Luton airport now closed due to snow...

SH**!!

Meeting my auntie tomorrow afternoon at luton airport, should be cleared by then though.

Posted

Trust me mate, if you are expecting this to stall over Leicester for a few hours and drop more than 1cm then you are going to be facing a let down. The snizzly stuff will probably reach Leicester in about an hour, stay for about 30 mins and then head slowly off South again and stall in places like Kettering, Peterborough, Bedford etc...

Well neither of us know for sure , so radar watching it is , I am 90% sure it will reach Leicester though , going by all the available model data .

Posted

I agree snowmoon, i think our county might see see some snow later, i don't think it would be the heavy stuff though.

Front will stall around south east brum then move back east again me thinks. :)

Posted

1700 Met Office radar definitely shows it starting to stall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

West Midlands has by far been the worst for snow this time. We are going to miss this lot by not far aswell. Any breakdown looks far too marginal aswell.

Posted

1700 Met Office radar definitely shows it starting to stall.

Yep, no westerly movement at all on that so bang goes my theory!

Boing, boing!

Posted

Yep, no westerly movement at all on that so bang goes my theory!

Boing, boing!

Aha boing boing to you too :)

Posted

A slight jump northwards towards me from 17.00 to 17.05. The height of desperation lol...tantalising stuff !

Proper tight aint it?? Watching this on the radar is like watching Englands football team. Agonizingly painful at times.

Posted

Aha boing boing to you too :)

Boing boing your ass outta here :D

Just messing Nicholas.

keep the faith guys you have been sooooooooooo unlucky this week.

maybe ladyluck will shine on you this evening!

i ended up with 11cm,best snowfall here for a long time.

:)

Yes you keep saying you have seen 11cm :) starting to sound like jive bunny! ;)

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Very gently snowing Moulton, Northants

Posted

Boing boing your ass outta here :)

Judt messing Nicholas.

Don't want to turn this into a football debate, but I'm sorry I can't hear you all the way down there in 6th.

The anaprop on the radar today is awful!