Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

My colleague is someone I don't contradict very often Backtrack so I just typed as I was told!!!! (She didn't know what graupel was....)

We're still getting small snow showers here by the airport and they seem to be heading your way so good luck!

I hope so.

Snowing here atm, cloud bank looks that orangy white colour over Wales. It's coming here I think.

Posted

wow Heswall is really domed.

Im watching that storm to the NE of me go by, what in the the name, not even a flake of snow!

To add insult to injury a hot minimum of -0.7C (after midnight) whilst everyone else in the Wirral went down to -2C

Further more it's +2.5C now, balmy day ahead.

Stephen, are you getting anything from this big snow cloud that's over Speke? We're getting little flurries and it looks to be heading your way....

Posted

Just looking at the traffic cams, some really quite deep snow around Rochdale/Oldham. Central Manchester looks very nice in the snow. Also around Orrel, and Ormskirk is snowed under pretty deep.

Manchester never looked better! :lol:

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I hope so.

Snowing here atm, cloud bank looks that orangy white colour over Wales. It's coming here I think.

There is no cloud bank over Wales.. I think that's the shower that just hit the northeast of Wirral as it's moving west, those sort of clouds tend to destabilise peoples perspectives.

Posted

Its heavy up in dukinfield. This is probably one of the best ways to wakeup over the festive period. I rekon Manchester airport will probably be getting it. Im gonna head down to stockport and see what its like. My sis in sale said it pelting it down there too

Posted

Heavy snow in Warrington, side roads are shocking. A day where you need a 4x4 seen lots of cars sliding all over the place. Was this amount of snow fall predicted for the NW??? The motorways must be a nightmare out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Stephen, are you getting anything from this big snow cloud that's over Speke? We're getting little flurries and it looks to be heading your way....

Nothing, it's actually skipped east by south of me, and should be moving eastwards at the moment. I'm under mostly blue skies and sunshine.

Posted

Whoooo!! Just caught one of the showers, its -3.8c and there is frost on the path i cleared and its covered in snow again! The snow is sticking like glue, especially with there been frost on the cleared paths.

Posted

I saw on the webcam that Liverpool waterfront pavement, by the museum had a dusting of white.

Posted

Belting down here at work, Birchwood.

Better than I expected here today, this is turning into a better day than Sunday!

Heavy prolonged snow now for the last hour.

Is this the streamer effect? Wonderful

Posted

There is no cloud bank over Wales.. I think that's the shower that just hit the northeast of Wirral as it's moving west, those sort of clouds tend to destabilise peoples perspectives.

Hopefully it will bring some prolonged snow... The maximum shower has been 15 mins and left nothing but a dusting... 1.7c out there too, so it will all melt soon. :(

Posted

Heavy snow in Warrington, side roads are shocking. A day where you need a 4x4 seen lots of cars sliding all over the place. Was this amount of snow fall predicted for the NW??? The motorways must be a nightmare out there.

Not predicted by the various forecasts. Even the northwest tonight weather presenter said yesterday flurries but nothing amounting too much'!

Karyo

Posted

Manchester is getting a pasting ATM, must admit I am a little jealous.

Posted

Actually there is a shower heading his way, I think, it depends whether it's rain or snow. It looks to be coming square on so we might get a dusting.

Posted

Heavy grauple here now with big flakes mixed in... The streamer seems to of merged together just after here giving Manchester another pasting, if only it could merge over the sea!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Finally stopped here , but hopefully more to come :(

Posted

I saw on the webcam that Liverpool waterfront pavement, by the museum had a dusting of white.

Yeah - pavements are white but the rain has got into it and its become a very wet slushy covering. Rain stopped and given way to hail-they are just 'wintry showers' in the City centre

Posted

Scrap my last post, there is a really intense one merging and heading right for me!

post-8895-12614802103113_thumb.jpg