Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

That's a shame.

We've had hail and thunder so far this morning.... very festive. Bah.

It's currently snowing and there's a light covering in Liverpool City Centre. You need to move a few miles East..

Posted

How fantastic! I woke up 10 mins ago to moderat snow falling!

Only light now, but the radar is looking good!

Once again the tv forecasts have underestimated the showers in our area, what a surprise!

Karyo

Posted

Thundersnow in Wallasey! And not just that, but big flashes of lightning too. Unreal. Coming down quite heavy at the moment.

Got a nice covering of snow this morning in South Liverpool when I left for work - not the deepest I've ever seen but nice and Christmassy all the same.

Ah! smiliz19.gif

Posted
It's currently snowing and there's a light covering in Liverpool City Centre. You need to move a few miles East..

I grew up in Childwall... I never should have left!

Still -3 outside, just been into our town centre and regretted it because I'm like a block of ice now :(

Get yourself a hot chocolate! :)

It's stopped thundering and it's raining lightly, but the temperature has fallen back to 2.2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Got a dusting from the 20 mins of heavy snow this morning.

Looks like all of the showers will miss here today. The sun will come out and melt it all.

1.0c

Enjoy the showers you who have them, they are heavy. All of them missed me by 5 miles.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Got a dusting from the 20 mins of heavy snow this morning.

Looks like all of the showers will miss here today. The sun will come out and melt it all.

1.0c

Enjoy the showers you who have them, they are heavy. All of them missed me by 5 miles.....

cheers will do mate :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

moderate snow here and the radar looks ripe for more today.

What a tremendous cold spell this has turned out to be for us.

:)

A memorable one in my book

edit heavy snow now.

:(

yeah really fantastic isnt it, stuck in work now til 5 but i keep poppin my head out of the door every 5 mins to check lol

Posted

cheers will do mate :(

Scrap my last post, it's snowing lightly.

Posted

Hey fellow NW peeps.

I don't generally post but this weather is such a change to the norm for here I couldn't resist...such a nice change for areas like mine and Preston to get some of the white stuff. It's coming down again here, nice big fluffy flakes...just need some of the thundersnow and then I can be forever happy :unsure:

Fingers crossed for those of you that haven't seen much of it so far, I can imagine how frustrated and peeved you'll be feeling as I have been there so many times before!

Posted

Very light layer of snow in South Liverpool this morning with flurries coming now and again in the last hour. Widnes had 2" inches last night and Belle Vale also got a covering - it is snowing there now too. I can see out across the Mersey towards Ellesmere Port atm and there is a snow cloud hovering between us so fingers crossed we might pick something up from that. It is moving so slowly I can't tell in what direction yet but possibly south east - does that make any sense to anyone??? The Welsh Mountains have decent snow on them presumably from last night.

Oh I hope we get some decent snow today - all we've had here is flurries and millimetres!

Posted

Very light layer of snow in South Liverpool this morning with flurries coming now and again in the last hour. Widnes had 2" inches last night and Belle Vale also got a covering - it is snowing there now too. I can see out across the Mersey towards Ellesmere Port atm and there is a snow cloud hovering between us so fingers crossed we might pick something up from that. It is moving so slowly I can't tell in what direction yet but possibly south east - does that make any sense to anyone??? The Welsh Mountains have decent snow on them presumably from last night.

Oh I hope we get some decent snow today - all we've had here is flurries and millimetres!

Runcorn and Widnes got 2" for a time, but it wasn't snow - It was hail and grauple.

Posted

Only light snow in the city centre but the radar shows a heavy shower just to the west of me. Should hit very shortly!

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

NW front page update,

''Starting with today, wintry showers will come and go in western and northern parts - falling as rain and sleet close to the coasts generally, but turning to snow further inland. They may organise themselves together a little later on and run down through northern England bringing some more persistent snowfall, which is something to watch.''

well sw scotland and borders are on severe met office warning so wouldnt take much to hit nw england yet again!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

wow Heswall is really domed.

Im watching that storm to the NE of me go by, what in the the name, not even a flake of snow!

To add insult to injury a hot minimum of -0.7C (after midnight) whilst everyone else in the Wirral went down to -2C

Further more it's +2.5C now, balmy day ahead.

Posted

God, those flakes are so small... Pathetic this is....