Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Am now finding this hard to believe. Its dupmed down at least another 2 inches overnight, looks like its more. I cleared the drive yesterday and it is just as deep this morning. This is now the heaviest accumulated fall of snow we have had here since the 80s without a doubt. Where snow has fallen on undisturbed snow from yesterday i would not be surprised if it was 6" deep. Very,very rare in this part of the country.

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

SNOWING VERY HEAVY HERE!

EVERYWHERE GETTING COVERED AGAIN!

just hope the temps dont spoil it... 0.2c and rising after a low of -2.0c.

Posted

Only dropped to -1.4C last night, but that's because it snowed for a large part of it, leaving a 7" covering. Does this even get a mention from the hyper-irritating Carol Kirkwood? Of course not....but the fact that the south-east got some more is her prime concern. Ah well, I'll have to console myself with the winter wonderland scenes we've got.

Currently -0.7C with more showers heading my way by the look of the radar.

Edited by Osbourne One-Nil

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Snowing again here and showers are beefing up good on the cost and heading our way !. Today is going to be a good day for sure.. more snow, the GFS and ensembles looking good for prolonged cold ( not checked other models yet) but get used to this weather NWerners it might just be here for a while !

fantastic, bring it on!!just a shame footie matches will be called off

SNOWING VERY HEAVY HERE!

EVERYWHERE GETTING COVERED AGAIN!

just hope the temps dont spoil it... 0.2c and rising after a low of -2.0c.

thank god for that!! was i -2.5 here under the cloud at 7.15am with a minima of -8 when i went to bed at 12am

Edited by swainclubber

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Good dumping fell overnight here(1-2cms)(thats a lot for here) , it was already frozen so the roads look treacherous , temp down to -4.2c ,currently -3.0c with mmotre snow to come by the looks of it :(

Posted

Only dropped to -1.4C last night, but that's because it snowed for a large part of it, leaving a 7" covering. Does this even get a mention from the hyper-irritating Carol Kirkwood? Of course not....but the fact that the south-east got some more is her prime concern. Ah well, I'll have to console myself with the winter wonderland scenes we've got.

I know how you feel mate its snowed here every day since thursday, 8+ inches everwhere, main and side roads a nightmare.

But all we bloody hear is south east this southeast that. :(:(:diablo:

Edited by Chrissy

Posted

I find it so frustrating at times like these with the weather reports.. if it's not happening in the southern half of the country then it's not happening at all. :diablo:

I'd be really peed off right now if I hadn't have had my snow fix in Manchester at the weekend, because it's just bone dry here with a hard frost!! Still, it would be quite nice to see a few flakes falling but I can't see it happening somehow. Really good to hear about this North West snowfall, excellent stuff :(

Posted

Where did that snow come from?

From the streamer coming in from the irish sea.

Posted

Just been outside with my tape measure :( max flat depth is 7" more of an average is between 6 & 6.5" and its still snowing !

not snowed like this in Preston for far toooo long!! and looks like there could be more on the way yet!

Posted

Snow stopped here, but can see it building towards wales again.

Posted

A beautiful build up of cloud out to our west at the minute

Thats the snow cloud I had.

Net Weather future radar suggests that the streamer is moving north west and should hit me soon!

:clap:

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

After having a bit of a walk round, i reckon its potentially the heaviest snowfall i've ever seen here. We had periods of heavy snow when i was a kid but it was never this deep. I don't keep records but if it isn't i'd be surprised.

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

Still snowing lightly here and is topping up what we already have .drinks.gif

Coming down heavy now with big flakes time to take the dogs out on the fields .

Posted

I find it so frustrating at times like these with the weather reports.. if it's not happening in the southern half of the country then it's not happening at all. :clap:

I'd be really peed off right now if I hadn't have had my snow fix in Manchester at the weekend, because it's just bone dry here with a hard frost!! Still, it would be quite nice to see a few flakes falling but I can't see it happening somehow. Really good to hear about this North West snowfall, excellent stuff :)

I agree, if it aint happening in the SE then its not cold anywhere :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Morning all in the snowy Northwest. Great to read and see your snow reports. Just so pleased for you lot in parts of Lancashire and Westmoreland, you have waited a long time for this (Preston ). The BBC world news in our part reports the cold and snow in the Southeast of England and Europe, but no mention of the falls you have got over the past 48 hours. Even the weatherman mentions nothing . Anyway enjoy and long may it last 1

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Good morning to the North-west,

Just a quick post, I cant agree with you enough re. the London/SE bias with weather events. Fair enough last nights snow hit the rush-hour but a couple of inches caused absolute chaos. It took me 4 hours to get home and thats 10 miles, lift part of the way then I had to walk the rest of the way.

My daughter took 4 hours to drive barely 4 miles. These journeys were both from Croydon, Surrey. The south-eastern parts of London turned into a giant car-park.

Had the 6"/8" we got in Feb. happened in a weekday rush-hour I'd probably still be stuck there now.

If we had the heavy snowfalls that parts of the North has had over the last few days London would come to a complete stand-still. We probably had 2 inches at most and look at the carnage.

To go back to the original point about media-bias, totally out of proportion in favour of London/SE. Rant over.

Enjoy your snow and Merry Xmas!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Snow shower went through bringing a fresh light covering to existing covering.

Some really spiky showers in the Irish Sea at the moment.

Have you noticed the path they are taking?

They're going WNW. Most of them are going to hit me. We need it, these should be well deserved!!

Posted

Bonus this morning, another whiteout.

About a further inch on top.

Sky looks fantastic out to the West, bright orange, hopefully more to come!

ECM good this morn, in the long term.

Short term lets see how far north Thursday low pushes, could be a snow line from Birmingham to York on the leading edge.