Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

omg! andy and the rest of you guys are so funny! i nearly peed my pants when reading some of the stuff you have posted the last 15 mins! rofl.gifdrunk.gif

Posted

Do you sell strongbow? :rofl:

Just kidding, theres enough here to last me tonight, i'm gunna get absolutely plastered :good:

I hardly ever drink, tonight is the drink before the... (storm?) snow ;)

Thats providing the bbc forecasts are wrong, we still remain in just a wintry mix, with not as heavy precip as the west, lets hope gfs precip predictions are right with this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

North Warks rocks :good:

I'm hoping it's not gonna fizzle out by the time it gets to me in Atherstone, temp has risen since about 20:15 currently 0.6c at the moment and rising.

KjF

I've got -0.8 temp and -1.5 dewpoint from my weather station at the mo so still looking okay for me - Atherstone's just a little bit downhill though isn't it. Just been out for a ciggie and it's darned cold and foggy! If the fog keeps up, that should keep the temp down for the morning, shouldn't it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yay!! WARKS posse!! Dis da leics crew, dis da staffy scum...etc...oh dear...am i drunk again? :good:

RESSPECCCKKKT!!!

*raises glass to snow*

If we get rain tomorrow you lot are getting an ear full from me AGAIN :rofl:

Posted

omg! andy and the rest of you guys are so funny! i nearly peed my pants when reading some of the stuff you have posted the last 15 mins! rofl.gifdrunk.gif

Haha ;) Don't worry, 1 more drink and i'll be peeing my pants if the toilet isn't free :good:

Thats providing the bbc forecasts are wrong, we still remain in just a wintry mix, with not as heavy precip as the west, lets hope gfs precip predictions are right with this.

Sod the BBC forecast, chillllll mannn, my mate strongbow told me that Leicester is getting 3 inches+ of snow tomorrow, he doesen't lie :rofl:

Posted

i got the munchies now, can i go and make some cheese on toast and trust you guys not to steal my seat?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Do you sell strongbow? rofl.gif

Just kidding, theres enough here to last me tonight, i'm gunna get absolutely plastered drunk.gif

I hardly ever drink, tonight is the drink before the... (storm?) snow tease.gif

No, but theres plenty in the shed, chilling!whistling.gif

I never drink.... I merely consumeph34r.gif

THE CONSUMPTION BEFORE THE SLEET!!!clap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Andy, get off the Strongbow and down yourself a 3 litre bottle of white lightning. That gets the job done quicker. Shame about the morning though lol.

It's all about intensity of PPN tomorrow !

Posted

i got the munchies now, can i go and make some cheese on toast and trust you guys not to steal my seat?

Make chips, cheese and ham, your`e going to need it tonight!drinks.gif

Oh and the seat`s safe!ph34r.gif

Notice I mention nothing about young ladies, due to the fact I am not that kind of guywhistling.gif !!!

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

Can't promise anything. Should a nice lady waltze in sporting some sort of weather themed outfit, i'm afraid your seat will be offered in a shot !

Posted

A couple of things I want to say before popping to bed.

First of all looking at the models I have a sneaky feeling the front will not move as far N as they indicate and the N limit being around Lincs. Now this means the front could stall across this region. Now the period im particularly interested in is tomorrow evening/overnight. The combination of a stalling front, upper temps around -4C, DPs around 0C, temps around 0C could see heavy snowfall.

I reckon come tomorrow we will see many white blobs on the BBC forecasts for tomorrow evening/overnight. Now obviously those further W than me have a better chance but I believe my location is at risk especially tomorrow night.

As of tomorrow im on blob watch. :good:

Posted

LMAO white lightning :good: The ol tramp juice!

Echobase... Sleet? Full on snow storm my friend, I won't be able to get out my door tomorrow night :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

First of all looking at the models I have a sneaky feeling the front will not move as far N as they indicate and the N limit being around Lincs. Now this means the front could stall across this region. Now the period im particularly interested in is tomorrow evening/overnight. The combination of a stalling front, upper temps around -4C, DPs around 0C, temps around 0C could see heavy snowfall.

I reckon come tomorrow we will see many white blobs on the BBC forecasts for tomorrow evening/overnight. Now obviously those further W than me have a better chance but I believe my location is at risk especially tomorrow night.

As of tomorrow im on blob watch. :good:

That's exactly what we want to hear TEITS, stopping at Lincolnshire will suit me down to the ground :rofl:

Posted

LMAO white lightning laugh.gif The ol tramp juice!

Echobase... Sleet? Full on snow storm my friend, I won't be able to get out my door tomorrow night laugh.gif

That`ll be the the Strongbow talking!!!rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

Ok your seat is safe my friend, if a nice looking girl around the age of 21 walks in... If she needs a seat then my lap is very comfortable so she can sit there instead :rofl:

Posted

Very difficult to tell without trawling through a lot of posts as I've spent most of the day packing my parents back off home to a more snowy North Yorkshire and dealing with a very sicky 2 month old baby, but since the wee small hours of yesterday I do see an upgrade of prospects and god forbid the GFS back tracking a tad. I can only assume then this dispondancy is then related to precipitation? A cautionary and quick glance suggests we are on in this area, much more so than yesterday? This morning the BBC forecasts looked like they were totally out compared to the MetOffices, but then the MetOffice update brought the BBC back in line... such is the holidays and civil servants. Don't get me started on the BGS and earthquakes. They fixed that.

Posted

As of tomorrow im on blob watch. laugh.gif

My worry is that it will begin to stutter and stall further south (in the relatively mild air) and begin to break up and lose intensity in this region and beome "bitty". Further decreasing the chances of snowfall.

Edited by Supercell

Posted

That's exactly what we want to hear TEITS, stopping at Lincolnshire will suit me down to the ground :rofl:

I don't want to ramp this up too much incase it goes pearshaped and im blamed. However looking at your location you could get a right pasting.

Synoptically speaking this cannot really be any better for the Midlands.

Posted

That`ll be the the Strongbow talking!!!rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

I am being possessed by the spirit of strongbow *does a derek acorah style possession act*

Posted

I don't want to ramp this up too much incase it goes pearshaped and im blamed. However looking at your location you could get a right pasting.

Lmao, ramp alert! I'm trying not to get too excited because there is a potential massive banana skin here, but it's hard not to get excited at the potential snow from this.

Posted

Leicester in for a hammering yeh?

Hope this doesen't go TEITS up :rofl:

Posted

Hope this doesen't go TEITS up :rofl:

facepalm.jpg

Posted

I am being possessed by the spirit of strongbow *does a derek acorah style possession act*

I don't think it's the strongbow. I think you're done over on a couple of shots of GEM and a whole pint of ECM !

Posted

Hope this doesen't go TEITS up sad.gif

Oh, always the joker!!! drinks.gif And yes TEITS up is the way it will go..... wallbash.gif But then again......ph34r.gif

Off to cause a little drama on the MOD back soon ...

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6