Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I don't think it's the strongbow. I think you're done over on a couple of shots of GEM and a whole pint of ECM !

LMAO agreed! The pub run made me stay for the lock in i'm afraid, i'm gunna regret this in the morning.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Shall we rename this "Midlands Cold Spell Discussion/Pub"?

Posted

I don't want to ramp this up too much incase it goes pearshaped and im blamed. However looking at your location you could get a right pasting.

Synoptically speaking this cannot really be any better for the Midlands.

Wotcha Dave, I posted some charts for the 5th and 6th of February of this year which resulted in a culmulative 16 inches here and I don't think this looks too dissimilar. Maybes the emphasis might be further west, but I have to be at the doctors at 9.40am for the baby to get its multiple jabs. I'll carry the fella if need be, and my wife bought a smashing new pair of North Face boots in the sale.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This is the busiest this thread has been all December...at last. Tbh i think we can all expect rain...

...To the South of the M4. :):):) :lol: :rofl:

You lot are all hammered...in snow tomorrow. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Leicester in for a hammering yeh?

Hope this doesen't go TEITS up :lol:

If it does I will pop along the A47 and say sorry.

P.S Stop drinking you're going to be knackered for tomorrow. :rofl:

Posted

This is the busiest this thread has been all December...at last. Tbh i think we can all expect rain...

...To the South of the M4. :) :) :) :lol: :rofl:

You lot are all hammered...in snow tomorrow. :)

Whey :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Shall we rename this "Midlands Cold Spell Discussion/Pub"?

That sounds like a mighty fine idea, perhaps we could invoke a lock-in??ph34r.gif

Posted

If it does I will pop along the A47 and say sorry.

P.S Stop drinking you're going to be knackered for tomorrow. :rofl:

:) Cheers mate. Yeh i'll stop, soon :)

I am quietly optimistic about tomorrow, UKMO 12z and GFS 18z show a nice bit of PPN for both our areas with favourable temps. Further inland the temps are slightly colder but I think Peterborough will see some snow overnight into Wednesday hopefully.

If this goes the way of the pear then I am going to be one grumpy hungover Leicesterian tomorrow :lol:

Posted

Ok your seat is safe my friend, if a nice looking girl around the age of 21 walks in... If she needs a seat then my lap is very comfortable so she can sit there instead :rofl:

Well i'm back now and i had garlic with it too, so leicestershire girls can begger off my seat or i'll breathe on 'em!

Good news from TEITS there, that would suit us too.

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Altitude is going to be the ultimate determining factor as to where gets the heaviest and longest snowfall duration, North Cotwsolds, Shropshire Hills, Southern Peak District possibly highest bits of Cannock Chase could see some hefty falls. I look forward to hearing the reports tomorrow, the Midlands and Wales haven't fared that well snowise so far this month, so its only fair its your turn.

Posted

Well i'm back now and i had garlic with it too, so and leicestershire girls can begger off my seat or i'll breate on 'em!

Good news from TEITS there, that would suit us too.

LMAO :cc_confused:

Posted

Altitude is going to be the ultimate determining factor as to where gets the heaviest and longest snowfall duration, North Cotwsolds, Shropshire Hills, Southern Peak District possibly highest bits of Cannock Chase could see some hefty falls. I look forward to hearing the reports tomorrow, the Midlands and Wales haven't fared that well snowise so far this month, so its only fair its your turn.

that's true, and the weirdest thing is that, if this snowfall comes to pass, it'll fill in the green gap from when all of the rest of britain was having fun.

fingers crossed ay?

Posted

LMAO agreed! The pub run made me stay for the lock in i'm afraid, i'm gunna regret this in the morning.

I'm on night shift for a couple of hours, iPod seems to be settling the little fella. Happy Christmas mucka! not back in until the 4th so I don't care. Struggled into work for a whole week before Christmas etc. He does have an appointment for a whole set of jabs in the morning, which won't be nice.

Already dreaming of making snowmen with the little guy, a bit premature...

Posted

there's still some weirdness happening between the irish part of the radar and the english bit...look

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Posted

there's still some weirdness happening between the irish part of the radar and the english bit...look

http://www.metoffice...adar/index.html

Jeez, we can't even nowcast anymore, is there any hope? :cc_confused:

Posted

just gonna go and watch a programme on catch up, be back laters ....love you all, youz iz moi beschtests mates you are!!! hic!

Posted

I'm on night shift for a couple of hours, iPod seems to be settling the little fella. Happy Christmas mucka! not back in until the 4th so I don't care. Struggled into work for a whole week before Christmas etc. He does have an appointment for a whole set of jabs in the morning, which won't be nice.

Already dreaming of making snowmen with the little guy, a bit premature...

Brilliant stuff :D He will grow up to be a snow nut like his dad don't worry about that :wallbash: Hope you aren't struggling too much with the sleepless nights mate. One day if I have a son or daughter they will be taught how to build a good snowman from an early age :cc_confused:

Posted

Brilliant stuff :D He will grow up to be a snow nut like his dad don't worry about that :wallbash: Hope you aren't struggling too much with the sleepless nights mate. One day if I have a son or daughter they will be taught how to build a good snowman from an early age :cc_confused:

...and how to plague a forum with drunkenness...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Brilliant stuff smile.gif He will grow up to be a snow nut like his dad don't worry about that biggrin.gif Hope you aren't struggling too much with the sleepless nights mate. One day if I have a son or daughter they will be taught how to build a good snowman from an early age laugh.gif

In order to build the perfect snowman, one requires the perfect snow....pardon.gif This seems to happen once every twenty years..... whistling.gif Fit that in with your nesting instict and your off to a winner!!!!rofl.gif

And yes plagueing a forum with drunken antics, should always bee seeen ass a god think!

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Think I might leave work early tomorrow... I refuse to spend 2 hours getting home like in February ;-)

Posted

just gonna go and watch a programme on catch up, be back laters ....love you all, youz iz moi beschtests mates you are!!! hic!

Looks like from when I'm back up in the Midlands on Wednesday, it'll be like I've never left the South West Thread with the rampant alcoholism!

Though if I am on this thread from Weds onwards, please, can someone tell me to bugger off and revise? :cc_confused:

Edited by butler_son

Posted

Looks like from when I'm back up in the Midlands on Wednesday, it'll be like I've never left the South West Thread with the rampant alcoholism!

Though if I am on this thread from Weds onwards, please, can someone tell me to bugger off and revise? :D

Do it now! Bugger off and do revision.. Shoo!

Just kidding :( Bring me snooooooooooooooow!!!

Posted

Do it now! Bugger off and do revision.. Shoo!

Just kidding :D Bring me snooooooooooooooow!!!

Well, not until after Friday, after I've fended off the inevitable hangover!

Don't worry, I'll bring the precipitation from the south. You just provide the cold air (we need that imported), then we'll be onto a winner.

I must say, I'm a little worried about what driving conditions might be like on Wednesday, as my route requires me to drive through Oxfordshire and Warwickshire, 2 counties in which snow might fall significantly. Not worried about Leics, Derbys or Notts, mind! :(