Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hey ppl just a quickie go and have a look at the met office radar and have look whats heading in a north-west direction , very errrr red !!

Been a long time since iv saw that outside thundrstorms.

For robs standards on the bbc tonights not the best his ever done . Also barely mentioning the mids just focusing on wales it seems , im not too worried though

Wilmer hows it going mate? *chucks a can of strongbow over*

ph34r.gif It`s gonna be one of those evenings then? is it ?? Carling chilled and ready for consumption......ph34r.gifdrunk.gif

Oh yes mate :D I have another 6 here ready to be drank B)

Posted

Rob Mac not going for a great deal. "heavy snow over the welsh hills"

The graphics as usual gave nothing bar rain for me

I have to agree, To me he focused on the snow event mainly for Wales.

Even though the snow seemed fairly widespread into Glos/Midland's and Wales the impression I got was elevation was the name of the game for snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Oh yes mate biggrin.gif I have another 6 here ready to be drank drunk.gif

Go steady!, you may go trying to break that leicester snow shield again!!ph34r.gif

Not being a killjoy but it`s sleet all the way....... Hence the Carling!clap.gif

Posted

The thing doesn't seen to show much sign of slowing down as it spins towards us. let's hope it doesn't spin to far north!! B)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

Still not worried about what the bbc are showing, they sometimes say it's dry when it's wet doncha know! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Oh yes mate B) I have another 6 here ready to be drank :D

Drowning your sorrows before the disappointment has even begun...poor Andy B)

Posted

Go steady!, you may go trying to break that leicester snow shield again!!ph34r.gif

Not being a killjoy but it`s sleet all the way....... Hence the Carling!clap.gif

B) Love ya dude you are a legend. I am expecting rain/sleet, that way I won't be disapointed B)

Got a song for ya... Nice high tempo bit of Alter Bridge live from Amsterdam for ya :D

*air guitars the riff*

Posted

Meh! but you have pork pies too!!! not fair!!! lol! B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Nobody else in work then ? I could do with a good drink, but last time I made it in to work, rather worse for wear, (still in my clothes from the night before) my work pals could smell it on me. I had to spray myself with the airfreshener they leave in the bogs to disguise it. Not the best idea, had a few fgunny looks throughput the day.

A sort of nervous excitement is beginning to develop. May we all wake to a good covering. I'll drink to that (in my mind anyway)drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Haha yes very funny regarding earlier posts , i did read them an noticed a few other of your ''buddies'' havin a giggle also , i was amused and i read your posts out to a mate of mine lol!! Its all good fun , it was meant to touch a nerve and it obvioulsy worked as you was still rambling on about it an hour later !!

I took it in good humour though thankfully lolwhistling.gif

Posted

Meh! but you have pork pies too!!! not fair!!! lol! rofl.gif

Got 612 in the fridge at work, you need one??unknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Oh god, I've been counting down to this day and don't you just know it's gonna get as far north as Birmingham and then just fizzle out and drop again. Our one chance to get some blummin snow when everyone else has had buckets of the stuff over the past fortnight.

I'm working tomorrow (only work 5 minutes away) and I'm going to be radar watching all day.

Hope you all enjoy your drinks and your radar watching tonight - will be back on in the morning, peeking between my fingers at the radar just in case it's all gone to pot. Going to bed with everything crossed!!!!

Posted

Got 612 in the fridge at work, you need one??unknw.gif

Awww go on then, chuck us 50 odd, i'll be able to work 'um off whilst making snowballs to throw at snowmadchris1 (at least he won't be able to throw any back :p )

Posted

biggrin.gif Love ya dude you are a legend. I am expecting rain/sleet, that way I won't be disapointed biggrin.gif

Got a song for ya... Nice high tempo bit of Alter Bridge live from Amsterdam for ya drunk.gif

*air guitars the riff*

Wow, that woke me up!! drinks.gif As you said.... expect nothing, receive a miracle!!good.gif

Still think it`s gonna be sleet tho!!!ph34r.gif

Posted

Nobody else in work then ? I could do with a good drink, but last time I made it in to work, rather worse for wear, (still in my clothes from the night before) my work pals could smell it on me. I had to spray myself with the airfreshener they leave in the bogs to disguise it. Not the best idea, had a few fgunny looks throughput the day.

A sort of nervous excitement is beginning to develop. May we all wake to a good covering. I'll drink to that (in my mind anyway)drinks.gif

I am but finish at 3pm which is about the time things are due to get interesting for my location.

Better get to bed actually as a half 6 start beckons! Good luck for tomorrow everybody. It may be marginal, but some of the best snowfalls can & do occur in marginal setups. :p

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

Oh god, I've been counting down to this day and don't you just know it's gonna get as far north as Birmingham and then just fizzle out and drop again. Our one chance to get some blummin snow when everyone else has had buckets of the stuff over the past fortnight.

I'm working tomorrow (only work 5 minutes away) and I'm going to be radar watching all day.

Hope you all enjoy your drinks and your radar watching tonight - will be back on in the morning, peeking between my fingers at the radar just in case it's all gone to pot. Going to bed with everything crossed!!!!

I have a bone to pick with you......Polesworth's in Warwickshire not smelly Staffs!! We have enough decnt in the ranks as it is what with Birmingham and coventry going off into their own county!

Long live WARKS and all who build snowmen in her!!! :p;)

Posted

Awww go on then, chuck us 50 odd, i'll be able to work 'um off whilst making snowballs to throw at snowmadchris1 (at least he won't be able to throw any back tongue.gif )

Lol, that`ll be £160.00 less Netweather discount.......£144.00ph34r.gif

Time for a blatant plug..........Rutland Farm Shop & Deli, 10 percent discount for all Netweather users who turn up before 6am tomorrow!!!clap.gif

Posted

Haha yes very funny regarding earlier posts , i did read them an noticed a few other of your ''buddies'' havin a giggle also , i was amused and i read your posts out to a mate of mine lol!! Its all good fun , it was meant to touch a nerve and it obvioulsy worked as you was still rambling on about it an hour later !!

I took it in good humour though thankfully lolwhistling.gif

Good stuff :p It's all meant in good fun, I like to have some banter, I don't mean it in a nasty way though.

Oh.... I quoted my own post... *smacks self on head*

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

I have a bone to pick with you......Polesworth's in Warwickshire not smelly Staffs!! We have enough decnt in the ranks as it is what with Birmingham and coventry going off into their own county!

Long live WARKS and all who build snowmen in her!!! :p;)

I know, I know, but my official postcode is Polesworth, Tamworth, Staffs even though we come under North Warks borough council. Tell you what, Warks is so much better, we have our bins collected every week instead of every fortnight, I live on an estate and I have a gritter van come down my personal little road every night - Warks Council are ace!

It's a cool place and quite elevated too - not that that's seeming to make a difference on the snow front. I will have snow tomorrow, I will!!!!!

Posted

Lol, that`ll be £160.00 less Netweather discount.......£144.00ph34r.gif

Time for a blatant plug..........Rutland Farm Shop & Deli, 10 percent discount for all Netweather users who turn up before 6am tomorrow!!!clap.gif

Lmao *jots it down in diary* I shall be taking a visit to you one day. I'll come in and go... "Pork pie man snow lover?" :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I know, I know, but my official postcode is Polesworth, Tamworth, Staffs even though we come under North Warks borough council. Tell you what, Warks is so much better, we have our bins collected every week instead of every fortnight, I live on an estate and I have a gritter van come down my personal little road every night - Warks Council are ace!

It's a cool place and quite elevated too - not that that's seeming to make a difference on the snow front. I will have snow tomorrow, I will!!!!!

Staffs are rubbish...they actually stole our wheelie bin once I swear!

Posted

North Warks rocks :good:

I'm hoping it's not gonna fizzle out by the time it gets to me in Atherstone, temp has risen since about 20:15 currently 0.6c at the moment and rising.

KjF

Posted

Lmao *jots it down in diary* I shall be taking a visit to you one day. I'll come in and go... "Pork pie man snow lover?" rofl.gif

Lol, wait till the middle of June when wer`e in a heatwave and I`ll **** myself!!!!yahoo.gif

Remember folks, only 6 and a half hours to claim your discount !!!ph34r.gif

Posted

Ok ok I'll forgive you just this once! btw tamworth used to be in warks too at one point in the past!

This county is much better we have shakespeare and stuff, and pete dohety was born in my town....oh, ...wait??! :good:

Posted

Lol, wait till the middle of June when wer`e in a heatwave and I`ll **** myself!!!!yahoo.gif

Remember folks, only 6 and a half hours to claim your discount !!!ph34r.gif

Do you sell strongbow? :rofl:

Just kidding, theres enough here to last me tonight, i'm gunna get absolutely plastered :good:

I hardly ever drink, tonight is the drink before the... (storm?) snow ;)

Posted

North Warks rocks :rofl:

I'm hoping it's not gonna fizzle out by the time it gets to me in Atherstone, temp has risen since about 20:15 currently 0.6c at the moment and rising.

KjF

Yay!! WARKS posse!! Dis da leics crew, dis da staffy scum...etc...oh dear...am i drunk again? :good: