Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Have to laugh at this im sorry, as your event has been downgraded to a non event dont try and play it down for us lot in the west . The weathers are saying 15cm widely , more on hills , and no doupt regarding the ppn not making it . Its gonna be big for the west , just not for leicstershire, prob patchy light snow possibly a cm on the grass and cars but nothing more im affraid.

Just checked the charts again... Yup real downgrade for me the 12z is..

U36-580.GIF?28-18

0c tomorrow night for Leicestershire and bags of PPN, daaaamn I envy you West Midlanders I really do :hi:

U36-594.GIF?28-18

Posted

U36-580.GIF?28-18

0c tomorrow night for Leicestershire and bags of PPN, daaaamn I envy you West Midlanders I really do clap.gif

U36-594.GIF?28-18

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

U36-580.GIF?28-18

0c tomorrow night for Leicestershire and bags of PPN, daaaamn I envy you West Midlanders I really do :hi:

U36-594.GIF?28-18

looks great but andy the west midlands is a huge area, think I seem too far north

Posted

I'm pretty confident, should be bang in the firing line hopefully!

Does anybody think Telford will see alot of snow tomorrow??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Even if I miss out I will be happy I thought the days of these events/winters had gone! Possibly the best December and potential January in the internet era!

Posted

It looks like were not gonna get a cm out of that lot andy :lol:

West mids should get 6" plus though

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

what about northants????

About 70% certain now it will start off as snow around 2pm tomorrow afternoon. However it could be that later during the evening it turns to sleet or even rain. Depends whether the milder air makes as much progress north as some models are predicting (GFS- up to north Midlands) or stays south of the M4 like some other models. (GME/NOGAPS)

That's my current feeling on it taking all the current output / forecast information into account.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I highly doubt 6-12 inches over higher ground in the Midlands. Maybe 5 inches over high ground and a few inches on lower ground IF it's cold enough and IF the PPN makes it.

Have to laugh at this im sorry, as your event has been downgraded to a non event dont try and play it down for us lot in the west . The weathers are saying 15cm widely , more on hills , and no doupt regarding the ppn not making it . Its gonna be big for the west , just not for leicstershire, prob patchy light snow possibly a cm on the grass and cars but nothing more im affraid.

Yeah Andy, shut yer cake hole.....we gonna get 40ft and you? some drizzle...you know it makes sense! :lol:

:lol:

Posted

BBC and met office saying yes.......

Keep watching.

I think the bbc and met office have left a part out of that "keep watching" phrase...namely..."keep watching out the window coz we ain't got a bloody clue" :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Does anybody think Telford will see alot of snow tomorrow??

Telford IMHO, could do rather well, all depends on the northern extent of any precip

Posted

It looks like were not gonna get a cm out of that lot andy ;)

West mids should get 6" plus though

I always measure mine in cm, it makes me feel like I have more than I've got :lol: :lol:

Posted

I think the bbc and met office have left a part out of that "keep watching" phrase...namely..."keep watching out the window coz we ain't got a bloody clue" biggrin.gif

It's starting to feel that way....laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yeah Andy, shut yer cake hole.....we gonna get 40ft and you? some drizzle...you know it makes sense! ;)

:lol:

:lol: If we get more than 2 inches of snow here in Leicester I am going to roll up a MASSIVE snowball the size of Birmingham and catapult it from here on a straight course to Brum ;) Hopefully Shaun Wilmers house will get completely flattened by it.

Only kidding Shaun :D It's all good banter, I don't mean any harm by it.

Posted

:lol: If we get more than 2 inches of snow here in Leicester I am going to roll up a MASSIVE snowball the size of Birmingham and catapult it from here on a straight course to Brum :lol: Hopefully Shaun Wilmers house will get completely flattened by it.

Only kidding Shaun :D It's all good banter, I don't mean any harm by it.

Won't that use up all of your "oh so pathetic snowcover" though? ;);)

Posted

Does anybody know if the BBC regions will do a proper weather forecast tonight? Or will it be just a brief summary at the end because it's a bank holiday?

I see Look East is scheduled for 15 minutes from 1845 so was just wondering. I'm guessing it will be scaled back today.

Posted

post-6740-12620254547313_thumb.png

For wales the past 24hours accumulative pic could be of interest as its expected to possibly stay snowing there for 24hours from tomorrow.

Posted

hmm, NMM 15z run doesnt fill me full of total joy...A real marginal rain/snow state of affairs...It wants to keep snow generally well out to the west of the region, with the precip band fragmenting during the afternoon/evening..(I've generally found this particular model 'on the ball')...It'll be interesting to see the next run

Posted

hmm, NMM 15z run doesnt fill me full of total joy...A real marginal rain/snow state of affairs...It wants to keep snow generally well out to the west of the region, with the precip band fragmenting during the afternoon/evening..(I've generally found this particular model 'on the ball')...It'll be interesting to see the next run

You must be looking at a different chart from me or maybe because were both focused on our own area. looked fine for here in terms of precip intensity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I go back to work tomorrow just as this is getting interesting nonono.gif . Unfortunately, we lost our unrestricted internet access due to a virus attack. Oh....and I don't even have a window to look through mad.gif

Posted

You must be looking at a different chart from me or maybe because were both focused on our own area. looked fine for here in terms of precip intensity.

nope, I'm looking from a national perspective, its keeping the longer periods of snow out west, and more towards rain the further east and SE one goes (I'm running NMM model - full version frame by frame) :cold: