Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

What do you think North Lics chances are Buddy? Pleased you got your weather staion fixed. My weather girl barometer had a fit a few weeks back the high outside peeked at 63 degrees c, a new world record I might add!! Back on topic, when will the showers arrive?

It appears to be slowly grinding to an halt whilst loosing intensity on its N and western edge, with the Southern edge near us intensifying, and forming a squal line type. I can't get a picture now because it's too dark, my camera is only a Panasonic lumix, cracking camera but not good with clouds at night, but there is a wall cloud formation to the NE of me.

Should be snowing heavily here soon.

As for when will it snow in N lincs, good question. Earlier it looked like i was gunna see nothing and stay dry, so it's a case of radar watching, but tbh even to the gfs shows many more showers pushing inland this evening and into tonight, i just cannot see where it's going to come form, unless it stalls over us and keep pepping up and has a stream like effect over the humber.

Lewis

Posted

that could well give a proper yorkshire snow event biggrin.gif

and Lincolnshire I hope??????whistling.gif

i ment you aswell! sorry about that! you lot in Lincolnshire will be just as bad i would of thought :D

Posted

It appears to be slowly grinding to an halt whilst loosing intensity on its N and western edge, with the Southern edge near us intensifying, and forming a squal line type. I can't get a picture now because it's too dark, my camera is only a Panasonic lumix, cracking camera but not good with clouds at night, but there is a wall cloud formation to the NE of me.

As for when will it snow in N lincs, good question. Earlier it looked like i was gunna see nothing and stay dry, so it's a case of radar watching, but tbh even to the gfs shows many more showers pushing inland this evening and into tonight, i just cannot see where it's going to come form, unless it stalls over us and keep pepping up and has a stream like effect over the humber.

Lewis

Thanks for the detailed explanation mate, I guess time will tell. I bet we will have a better picture in about an hour.

i ment you aswell! sorry about that! you lot in Lincolnshire will be just as bad i would of thought smile.gif

HA HA HA HA, Thanks for putting me at easeyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Posted

Lewis

the humber could help with tonights snow :)

Posted

h850t850eu.png

if this happened then id be SO EXCITED, just got to wait for the agreement if so

Posted

Thanks for the detailed explanation mate, I guess time will tell. I bet we will have a better picture in about an hour.

Don't worry about :) Yep Within the hour we should have a better idea.

Lewis

the humber could help with tonights snow :)

I hope so mate, i have seen weirder things happen.

The wind is a ESE, which is perfecto.

Lewis

Posted

12z is stunning, snowy north easterly followed by snow easterly then perhaps followed by a snowy reload from the north biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifGFS does its normal trick of shoving a big low in at the end of the run though laugh.gif But a very cold and quite snowy first half of the month biggrin.gif

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

12z is stunning, snowy north easterly followed by snow easterly then perhaps followed by a snowy reload from the north biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifGFS does its normal trick of shoving a big low in at the end of the run though laugh.gif But a very cold and quite snowy first half of the month biggrin.gif

mate this is what i have always dreamt of for our areas!!! that would seriously grind yorkshire+lincs to a halt!

Posted

mate this is what i have always dreamt of for our areas!!! that would seriously grind yorkshire+lincs to a halt!

Don't forget poor old Derbyshire cray.gif:)

Looking very good for all our areas, would certainly see a bit of snow if the current runs came off :)

Posted

Yep one of the best runs ive ever seen :) Im looking forward to seeing what the ECM says later :)

Posted

Just looked out of the window and its pouring down with snow, big flakes as well!

Edited by 10123

Posted

Just started snowing lightly here now :)

Hopefully more to come, and looking good for a good hour fingers crossed.

lewis

very weird as the temp is back to 1.8c here :mellow:

Posted

Just looked out of the window and its pouring down with snow, big flakes as well!

Well looking at rain today it has now mainly changed to rain / best sleet for me

Nothing as yet though.

Posted

Blimey theres some warmer temps in this band.

from -1 temp and -2.4 dew, it has risen to 1.1c temp and -0.3 dew. Hope the heavier precip hits soon, otherwise it may fall as rain.

Still snowing as i type (lightly)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Disappointingly it seems to be sleet here cray.gif DP is -1.3 but the temp has risen to 0.4°C in the last couple of minutes, it was at freezing when sleet started.

Looks like more of the same old, same old to me.....

Disappointingly it seems to be sleet here cray.gif DP is -1.3 but the temp has risen to 0.4°C in the last couple of minutes, it was at freezing when sleet started.

Looks like more of the same old, same old to me.....

looks like the sea again doing the damage,it was the irish sea this morning and its the north sea this time lol

think im guna watch the ssts more closely in future they play a really big part in what we get!

:mellow:

Posted

Dont worry people in the east, you should get colder quicker than us in the west. Much colder air should start pushing in from the north east soon with sleet turning to snow, especially the heavier it is :mellow:

3pm

http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20100102/12/03/h850t850eu.png

9pm

http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20100102/12/09/h850t850eu.png

Posted

What a mixed bag! Started the day at -4C. Started with sleet at around 14.00 which quickly turned to rain and washed away most of yesterdays laying snow. Temp then was 2.2C.

Now light snow with a temp of 1.6C and a dew point of 0.4C. Ground soaked though so it's gonna have to pep up significantly for anything to settle.

Posted

Temps are really dropping, when the PPN arrived the temp was 1.4c now the temp is 0.1c with a dew of -0.4c.

Anyway this is the best snow I have ever seen, the fresh snow on the ground is extremely wet, which most probably don't like but I could easily make a 6ft high snowman with just the 1cm covering we have, the snow is really good for snow ball's etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The band is building a lot in the north sea. :D