Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

you boys on the north side of the river have got me worried now, thought this was nailed on for tonight :D

Posted

-0.2c now, why are the temps so much warmer further east, and why are the temp rising in East Yorkshire when the temps are dropping like crazy here?

Edited by 10123

Posted

Blimey theres some warmer temps in this band.

from -1 temp and -2.4 dew, it has risen to 1.1c temp and -0.3 dew. Hope the heavier precip hits soon, otherwise it may fall as rain.

Still snowing as i type (lightly)

snowing nicely in Beverley now....and settling :D

Posted

what's worrying me now is that people on the model chart forum are saying it could come of with the 12z chart! the whole of the uk would be under alert if that happened with york and lincs getting the brunt. Not saying it will happen so im just keeping calm a little :D

Posted

christ not again,im getting marginal from the NW and now im geting marginal from the NE.

i thought the colder 850's were digging in today,i really was not expecting marginal this afternoon.

:D

Its come and its heavy and its rain...great...

turning sleety!!

Now snow but to wet on the ground.............

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted

The band is just about to arrive and temperatures are rising. Its now 0.1C after it dropped to -0.9C earlier. The dewpoint is still favourable at -1.1C however so fingers crossed.

Posted

The band is just about to arrive and temperatures are rising. Its now 0.1C after it dropped to -0.9C earlier. The dewpoint is still favourable at -1.1C however so fingers crossed.

well its looking good now for our areas as that is pushing inland nicely

Posted

Good luck mate, my temp and dew has shot up.

Raining here mate, weird, started off with proper flakes, and then when the heavier precip hit, turned to rain with some big flakes thrown in.

I give up for tonight, just goes to show even though you have favorable conditions, mother nature does and will continue to prove us wrong.

Eyes down for Tuesday.

Lewis

Posted

it really does seem to be snowing heavily in north leeds - everything white again! been like this for a good 20-30mins - how long is this expected?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Borderline sleet and snow falling here.

temp. just risen slightly now 1.2 C

BL.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Light Rain again here certainly doesn't like to play ball does it. Main band way to the North still.

Posted

it really does seem to be snowing heavily in north leeds - everything white again! been like this for a good 20-30mins - how long is this expected?

Probably another hour of the stuff, temps are responding really well, I was expecting them to rise like everywhere in East Yorkshire but in Leeds there dropping like a stone, currently -0.5c.

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

it looks like the main band is breaking up over leeds :)

Posted

Once again, pay good money for NW extra, which i thinks worth it with the extra charts and the NMM model alone, but the precip type radar, is no where near reliable.

This is the 3rd time it's done this now, maybe it should just take into consideration the dew points from the GFS some kind of input, that way if it snows even though it shows rain/sleet, i wont be complaining.

Lewis

Posted

Once again, pay good money for NW extra, which i thinks worth it with the extra charts and the NMM model alone, but the precip type radar, is no where near reliable.

This is the 3rd time it's done this now, maybe it should just take into consideration the dew points from the GFS some kind of input, that way if it snows even though it shows rain/sleet, i wont be complaining.

Lewis

Incredible, the precipitation is very light over me yet 2 miles north/west/south/east its mod/heavy laugh.gif

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/Pages/Weather-Warnings.aspx