Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Cold Spell Discussion Part 14

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Tell you what peeps, the road outside is covered in about 1cm of grey/black ice. Scary! :rofl:

Hi all

I giving up , don't think we will see any snow here todaycray.gif, we're so close yet so far ?

Welcome to netweather, Ally...You've got about 6 feet already - haven't you? ;)

Tell you what peeps, the road outside is covered in about 1cm of grey/black ice. Scary! :whistling:

All our pavements and sideroads have been like that for almost 2 weeks now :whistling:

Not too bad today with the fresh snow on top though :whistling:

Can you set a fan up to blow the snow/cloud passing you at the moment very slightly south of the SSW direction it is heading in just now, looks like the precip will reach the central belt, but it is going a long way west!!

Posted

well just seen the A9 is closed in 3 places now ,got some haylage for the livestock so set now ,more ice here than snow to be honest ,although we do have a a couple of inches covering

Edited by milkmaid

Posted

All our pavements and sideroads have been like that for almost 2 weeks now :whistling:

Not too bad today with the fresh snow on top though :whistling:

Can you set a fan up to blow the snow/cloud passing you at the moment very slightly south of the SSW direction it is heading in just now, looks like the precip will reach the central belt, but it is going a long way west!!

Aye mate. But this all formed in the last hour or so...I blame it on the graupel! :whistling:

Posted

Green with envy tho' that central Scotland has been encased in this cold spell since the middle of December and now parts of the midlands, who haven't had such cold temps, may get up to 40cms overnight. :lol:

Exactly the point I was making Blitzen - tis frustrating!

I can understand your frustration. When someone talks about a two or three week continuous cold spell you do expect some heavy snow at some point. The snow we had last night was one of the heaviest falls of the cold spell: almost an inch of snow. I see the Met-O have an advisory out for these parts for tomorrow, I started getting interested thinking somehow some snow was on the way. What does the warning say? "Widespread Icy Roads" :lol:

Having said that, there does appear to be the chance of some snow from the huge finger pointing down from Inverness to the central belt. Not too much further to go now :lol: :doh:

'mon the finger

I always seem to get caught out by the 'Widespread icy roads' warning too :whistling: They get your hopes up and then dash them!

Hopefully you're right about the snow from up North. Fingers crossed for another fall later.

Posted

I was just going to ask if anybody else thought that "finger" would reach us. I sure hope so, although sky news had it snowing here around 6 which would go along with what Shugee said about fife/edinburgh getting some about 5.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Tell you what peeps, the road outside is covered in about 1cm of grey/black ice. Scary! shok.gif

Welcome to netweather, Ally...You've got about 6 feet already - haven't you? biggrin.gif

I would like 6 feet of snow, we got about foot of snow, but not had much since. The snow we do have has been slowing melting over the past week. Its time for a top up biggrin.gif

Posted

I was just going to ask if anybody else thought that "finger" would reach us. I sure hope so, although sky news had it snowing here around 6 which would go along with what Shugee said about fife/edinburgh getting some about 5.

I'm also hoping for some, too... Getting withdrawal symptoms from the snow :cold:

And just found out my school should be open tomorrow... :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

The Slochd and Dromochter have more or less disappeared! :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

awesome , radar shows a very heavy shower over dunbar the now , what part of east lothian u from?

i'm from the other side of haddington near to Pencaitland.

Posted

Surely if the winds are NE ish then the band of precip streching basically from Snechie all the way across the north and way out into the North sea has to slid down the coast. If it was North, then as usaual it would disolve on its jouney, but this must have a chance. PLEAE PLEASE!!whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just caught News 24 (ahem!) and they were talking about picking up a direct easterly from Thursday. Unfortunately, this looked as if it would only give precipitation from northern England down to the south east. Is the flow from the east being pushed lower down due to the incoming high?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

I can understand your frustration. When someone talks about a two or three week continuous cold spell you do expect some heavy snow at some point. The snow we had last night was one of the heaviest falls of the cold spell: almost an inch of snow. I see the Met-O have an advisory out for these parts for tomorrow, I started getting interested thinking somehow some snow was on the way. What does the warning say? "Widespread Icy Roads" :)

Having said that, there does appear to be the chance of some snow from the huge finger pointing down from Inverness to the central belt. Not too much further to go now :) :)

'mon the finger

Folks

I know im on the wrong thread however yous aren't alone in the v little snow category !! I had a v light covering last night and the previous to that was the sat before christmas. Yes it has been cold (apparently the coldest in 30yrs for N.I.) however despite apparently all the right ingredients (according to forecasts) we have ended up on the wrong side of the marginal for snow and had sleet and rain instead. Every time a system has moved down from the north a warm sector has developed right over us leaving the mainland on the right side of marginal for snow. Our outlook is dry with very little in the way if any any snow forecast so i understand the frustration looking at the pics and reports from most of scotland and england.

Maybe our turn will come (the snow deprived) !!

Posted

I would like 6 feet of snow, we got about foot of snow, but not had much since. The snow we do have has been slowing melting over the past week. Its time for a top up biggrin.gif

Same here. And, we'd all like to get 6 feet! It's blowing a hoolie, as I speak! :)

Posted

The Slochd and Dromochter have more or less disappeared! :mellow:

Indeed and the Slochd has just re-opened. Should be highly interesting driving for the traffic that's just been let through from Carrbridge according to MFR.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

All East Lothian Schools are closed tomorrow (wed) will advise re Thursday tmrw. due to expected heavy snowfall!

Posted

Same here. And, we'd all like to get 6 feet! It's blowing a hoolie, as I speak! drinks.gif

What direction is the wind up north. We are flat calm here!

Posted

NNE wind here. sky is ominous. Anything in Haddington yet Calum?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

All East Lothian Schools are closed tomorrow (wed) will advise re Thursday tmrw. due to expected heavy snowfall!

Let's hope it hits here too!