Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Jayces

Posted

oooohhhh! saucer of milk over to you....:aggressive:

Unfortunately our local weather staion website isn't currently on update mode at the moment.

Here

So i'm afraid i don't know but even just going outside it isn't cold, not like the 'winters of old' we once had. Jesus...

LOL. You may well feel mild, that is fair enough, but its cold and has been for several weeks and with colder temps and more snow predicted, it might not match winters of old in terms of snow depth or we might not get blizzard type conditions and drifts, but it certainly is an interesting winter so far, which is more than can be said for quite a few in recent years.

Posted

In my humble, I just think this could be a bit off a non event for here in the Medway area. It looks like things are going to stall West, meet stuff from the South and just basically loop around here, making like a cell / snow void right over Kent. I think many westwards, M4 corridor area are going to have a snow event to remember in the "Top 10's. Meanwhile the nearest we'll get to deep stuff will be watching the results on Sky News.

Though after the main event we could get a dusting, but that will possibly fizzle out.

To be honest I have no real idea....... but I can just see the above scenario happening!

You could be spot on HW,but last time this sort of scenario developed ,cant remember when exactly,we actually sat in the centre of the low and missed the juicy bits spinning around it,so if its to the west of us ,like water down the plug hole we might kop the banding around it,(he hopes) :aggressive:

Posted

laura tobin on bbc 24 saying they may issue an extreme weaher warning for the hampshire region, upto a foot of snow. would be first extreme warning in the whole country this winter

wow!

they dont even know whether it will hit hamps or surrey or london or w mids! rather premature i feel.

Posted

However my interpretation of what may happen today slightly differs to the forecasts. For starters I see your region OP getting a pasting later with this band of heavy snow moving NE into London and then affecting Herts.

TEITS I agree with you - not because Im in West London , but because analysis of the radar alongside the latest GFS points to it

I expect further MetO severe weather upgrades this afternoon

By the way - thanks in general for your posts

Posted

Remembering this is just the first shot, look what the MetO say about Thursday:

London & South East England: Brighton + Hove E Sussex Gtr London Kent Medway

Heavy Snow Thu 7 Jan

There is a moderate risk of severe weather continuing to affect parts of Scotland and much of eastern England during Thursday.

Snow showers are likely to be heavy and frequent at times giving further falls of several cm in many areas adding to the risk of icy roads.

Issued at: 0944 Tue 5 Jan

Then:

Fri 8 Jan

There is a moderate risk of severe weather continuing to affect much of eastern England during Friday.

Snow showers are likely to be heavy and frequent at times giving further falls of several cm in many areas. This will lead to icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Then:

Sat 9 Jan

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of East Anglia and Southeast England.

There is potential for further snow showers, which could be heavy at times. This will lead to icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Issued at: 1004 Tue 5 Jan

When did you last see 4 days of heavy snow in an advisory in the SE? :lol:

Posted

they dont even know whether it will hit hamps or surrey or london or w mids! rather premature i feel.

They have got to start attempting something,warn and get it wrong or wait till its up to the window seals :rofl: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Sun

What can we expect in Ware,Herts ? I am sooooooooo confused

Posted

latest 06Z NAE is out keeps ppcn further west :-(

I think that's nailed on for around that time (18z) but then it's progged to swing back up again N'ewards and intensify. Fun and games for our region not looking to start well much before midnight and beyond in my view.

Posted

So am I! Do you have the Net-weather Extra radar subscription? I would highly recommend buying even just a month as today that will be the best tool for tracking where this precip is going.

EDIT: http://www.tikisurf.co.uk/saunton-surf-cam.asp

Now... if the north Devon coast can have snow, surely we can :air_kiss:

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

Confusion and expectation.......

You need to keep an eye on the radar and the sky today, no one will pin this down that accurately until it actually starts happening down here :air_kiss:

Posted

its suppose to be swinging its way round but as its looking at the moment ,i wouldnt hold your breath over it

Posted

I think that's nailed on for around that time (18z) but then it's progged to swing back up again N'ewards and intensify. Fun and games for our region not looking to start well much before midnight and beyond in my view.

yes sounds right. still think the east will get a few cm's but if this system moves east it could be like you said very intresting, will be radar watching me thinks rolleyes.gif

Posted

its suppose to be swinging its way round but as its looking at the moment ,i wouldnt hold your breath over it

It's all swings and roundabouts but I expect Hertfordshire will get a fair amount if it's a swing roundabout us.

Posted

im not to sure if that swings back up from the south if its not going to become rain for beds area , i think its going to pull in milder air ! am i wrong ? i know there people on here that just wont want to see that and disagree because they will want to hang on to dream :whistling:

Current data for Linslade

05 January 2010 11:10:48

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.0

Trend (per hour) +0.7

Average today -3.1

Wind chill 0.0

Humidex -2.7

Dew Point -2.5

Rel Humidity 83%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 3.8 NE

Average Speed 1.6 E

Pressure (mb):

Current 1003.4

Trend (per hour) -0.6

Edited by simon65

Posted

So am I! Do you have the Net-weather Extra radar subscription? I would highly recommend buying even just a month as today that will be the best tool for tracking where this precip is going.

EDIT: http://www.tikisurf....on-surf-cam.asp

Now... if the north Devon coast can have snow, surely we can cold.gif

Is the NetWeather Radar subscription worth it at the moment as raintoday.co.uk is still showing precip types?

Cheers,

Steve

Posted

Is the NetWeather Radar subscription worth it at the moment as raintoday.co.uk is still showing precip types?

Cheers,

Steve

Don;t think its worth it... I think it does have a slightly higher refresh rate though (5 mins)

Posted

Best wait until Kold logs in he did say its a battle of the lows and he thought the expectations on the low to the South would bring Snow to many parts of the SE on the turnaround, I don't think it will be rain more inland certainly the cold will intenseify in the next 24 - 48 hours.

Posted
However my interpretation of what may happen today slightly differs to the forecasts. For starters I see your region OP getting a pasting later with this band of heavy snow moving NE into London and then affecting Herts. I would put the N limit of this heavy snow probably around S Cambs therefore just missing me. At the same time during the night we see a band of snow move S into Norfolk, Cambs. What then happens is this band of snow pulls S including the band thats already over S Cambs. This band of snow will affect much of the SE during tomorow giving large falls.

Seems that the St Ives snow shields are up and fully operational

Posted

Best wait until Kold logs in he did say its a battle of the lows and he thought the expectations on the low to the South would bring Snow to many parts of the SE on the turnaround, I don't think it will be rain more inland certainly the cold will intenseify in the next 24 - 48 hours.

im going out to check my piece of sea weed :pardon:

Posted
I feel today is one of these days where you might aswell chuck the models in the bin. Im sticking with the radar/Sat.

amen. though you forget to mention lampposts.

Posted

Is the NetWeather Radar subscription worth it at the moment

Every penny, it's what I'm using today to see what's coming and when :pardon: