Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I just saw the red warning on Meto now and I feel sick with envy bad.gif

Does anyone think that there is a flying hope in hell that the low may track in a way that we have a chance of snow??? Or is this it???? the band to our noth that is hitting Yorkshire, Lancashire, and every town surrounding Nottingham, is deffo weakening, so even if it reached south (even though its going west) it will have petered out. I really think Im going to cry y'know... honostly..

cray.gifcray.gifcray.gif

and London can suck my B*&^%S wallbash.gif

Posted

fingers crossed we are on the border with the RED take action...

Well if we are, that will be a first time, can never remember that happening before here in Northampton.

Posted

I can't believe how unlucky I am in BIG snow events again lol. 2 weeks ago when the South of me got pasted I got 0.5cm, from it. Today even Birmingham has got about 3cm or so and North Nottingham has around 3-5cm and Leicester has 1cm dusting and according to the forecast from the beeb Leicester will miss the fun and games AGAIN, even Devon is doing better and that is an absolute insult :good:

Same here it's actually ridiculous, had 10 minutes of snow this morning which gave a dusting but now its up to 1c and the dusting is thawing and im willing to bet

the snow up in Manchester will be light drizzle by the time its reached here whilst 50 miles south gets plastered.

Im still fully prepared for when a mild breakdown happens that the heaviest of the rain will charge straight into us, stall then turn to snow further north and east..

Edited by conor123

Posted

Looks like again my area is actually the place that wont be getting hardly an snow again! When it looks like west midlands is the worst hit it actually may one of the lightest hit! Grrr. And the villa match is called off I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad

Edited by Rorky_Lichfield

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

You sure? Maybe over the hilly bits in the north, but we'll be lucky to say we've got 1cm here... :good:

Polar Low in Newark said there was 3cm there and that was about 4 hours ago :( Lucky begger.

Posted

Well if we are, that will be a first time, can never remember that happening before here in Northampton.

The forecaster on BBC Radio Northampton certainly played it safe. He said the southern parts of the county will be worst affected which is a pretty safe bet given the expected track. Up to 3 inches in Brackley (far south west of the county) and 1-2 inches elsewhere. But he did mention the possibility of it tracking a bit further north!

Posted

So where is all this snow supposed to be coming from for the rest of today and tomorrow. The southern arm is clearing Hereford and the Northern arm looks quite weak.

Posted

Polar Low in Newark said there was 3cm there and that was about 4 hours ago :whistling: Lucky begger.

God dam Northampton is gonna cop the lot....... It is not often you see the MetO with a red warning but that is what Northants has for tonight with us missing the lot... Do you ever think about moving Andy. ?? were just catching the tail end of the Birmingham stuff at the moment but I spose that will shortly sink South.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Anybody else have a feeling that the band in the North is going to go further West than expected? So we had a gap in the first band and the second band will go West of us. Funny considering everything else went East of us :whistling:

Posted

Afternoon everybody, long time lurker - very sporadic poster. I think it would be easier to convince my wife I was having an internet affair rather than the fact that I am constantly on here looking for updates! Well we had about one hour of heavy snow here this morning between about 9 and 10 which left a couple of cm's on the ground. Since then overcast but prety much dry. A little confused about later on - radar shows pretty heavy "snow" over north wales, is that heading this way? Anyway thanks for the fun over the last couple of weeks, heres to a bit more than the current "dusting".

Posted

Lucky we were just far North enough here to clip the band currently over Yorkshire. Dry here now though, around 4cm's on most surfaces. Will be interesting to see how today unfolds...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Same here it's actually ridiculous, had 10 minutes of snow this morning which gave a dusting but now its up to 1c and the dusting is thawing and im willing to bet

the snow up in Manchester will be light drizzle by the time its reached here whilst 50 miles south gets plastered.

Im still fully prepared for when a mild breakdown happens that the heaviest of the rain will charge straight into us, stall then turn to snow further north and east..

Yep, just a dusting in Penkridge...I did post early on this morning my fears about this being a damp squib NW of Brum....Lets just see what happens with this circulating band to our NW, fingers crossed it'll pick up moisture from the Irish Sea, and dump a load of the white stuff on top of us.....Is it me though, or do some of the precip models prog tonights main event somewhat further north & west ?? :yahoo:

Posted

God dam Northampton is gonna cop the lot....... It is not often you see the MetO with a red warning but that is what Northants has for tonight with us missing the lot... Do you ever think about moving Andy. ?? were just catching the tail end of the Birmingham stuff at the moment but I spose that will shortly sink South.

we are not in red. thats oxfordshire

Posted

we are not in red. thats oxfordshire

I am looking forward to 40cm tonight. :cold:

Probably only get 30cm though... :yahoo:

Posted

When is the now likely to shift stouthwards as at the moment it seems to be moving eastwards leaving me with nothing at all, so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Polar Low in Newark said there was 3cm there and that was about 4 hours ago blink.gif Lucky begger.

I'm not surprised, I thought they might have more actually, cuz looking at the radar at about 10.30-11am it was all green and dark blues! It looked to slam into Mansfield area. We just have what looks like misty rain with some salt granuals thrown in... maybe the weather gods are making soup!laugh.gif

Posted

Just a dusting here at the moment.

Ideally we really need the 06Z GFS to be right otherwise it will be very disappointing for the whole of this region despite what the Met O warnings say. The NAE doesn't indicate the band of heavy snow reaching Northants and I believe the reason for the warning is just incase it does move slightly further N.

My only saviour is the updated +24 fax chart brings another band of snow from the N to my region tomorrow.

Posted

I am looking forward to 40cm tonight. clap.gif

Probably only get 30cm though... whistling.gif

wot only 30cm??????? wallbash.gif LOL!!!!!! I'd be happy for 3cm!!!!! I dont even have 1cm!, not even HALF a cm.. nonono.gif

Im not bitter honost! laugh.gif

Posted

Just a dusting here at the moment.

Ideally we really need the 06Z GFS to be right otherwise it will be very disappointing for the whole of this region despite what the Met O warnings say. The NAE doesn't indicate the band of heavy snow reaching Northants and I believe the reason for the warning is just incase it does move slightly further N.

My only saviour is the updated +24 fax chart brings another band of snow from the N to my region tomorrow.

Northants is at risk of being too far north east tonight, and too far west tomorrow. A frustrating situation, but let's see what materialises.

Posted

We have heavy snow here, about 2cm has fallen so far and we are right at the very eastern edge of the first band.

Hopefully this low will throw up more surprises and give the rest of you guys some too :(

Posted

wot only 30cm??????? wallbash.gif LOL!!!!!! I'd be happy for 3cm!!!!! I dont even have 1cm!, not even HALF a cm.. nonono.gif

Im not bitter honost! laugh.gif

I am in Solihull at the moment and have already had 2 inches here.

The snow has not yet even reached Oxfordshire yet.

Edited by xanadu

I find it pretty strange people reporting thawing snow when on weatheronline temps are 0C to -1C everywhere in the midlands even in a large city like birmingham, its 0C here(i'm on relatively low ground too) and snowing with no thaw at all, one guy on TWO says its raining at 700Ft above sea level in leicestershire, what a porky that is :(

I`m sure out in rural areas away from urban warmth the snow isn't melting at all.