Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Am in line for a dumping or will the band just miss me mate?

Not easy to say for definate - it's heading for you but it may lose intensity as it gets to you - then again it may increase! Highly recommend the NetWeather 5 minute radar! :yahoo:

Posted

The snow just got heavier and the flakes just got bigger. There must be at least an inch extra on the ground now as footprints start to disappear quite rapidly.

This is incredibly awesome.

Posted

WHERE ARE KARYO ETC?

THIS IS INSANE NOW LOL

I am here! :(

Yes, signs of intensification here too now, into moderate category.

Karyo

Posted

The snow just got heavier and the flakes just got bigger. There must be at least an inch extra on the ground now as footprints start to disappear quite rapidly.

This is incredibly awesome.

Blow some of that my way please.... Very very light snow again here.

Posted

Anyone's thoughts on the chances of the showers coming from the North East and Scotland coming down to the NW?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

its impressive here now I have to say, it started as very fine snow about 2 hours ago, and it's now good size flakes, dry variety, although it is 0.5C so when it stops it will melt somewhat, however before that happens were going to end up with an inch or two here, at the moment there's about 1.5cm

Posted

Anyone's thoughts on the chances of the showers coming from the North East and Scotland coming down to the NW?

As the wind turns northeast and strengthens a bit, those showers from the northeast will approach our region but at the moment I think the Pennines will mainly benefit.

Karyo

Posted

-2.4º here now, with blue sky peeking through here and there.

My parents in Murton are reporting sever drifting - over 4ft in places, and a Helm blowing. My dad doesn't get blown much anymore, so I think he's quite enjoying it.

Posted

Will it snow in

Carlisle?

Probably not! :D

OI! Mr RRR - when it's bucketing down with snow in Wiltshire later on I am going to organise a mass NW thread spamming excursion to the erm.... ahhm errmmm .. well the thread where Wiltshire is!!!! :D

As the wind turns northeast and strengthens a bit, those showers from the northeast will approach our region but at the moment I think the Pennines will mainly benefit.

Karyo

Thats right mate,the winds are slowly changing to ENE now i think.Temp just crept above freezing now i bet it doesnt get above freezing now until the weekend.

lol

its been a real rollercoaster but after years we got the dream guys,

been nice sharing the fun with fellow weather nerds.

:D:D

Posted

Heavy, fine snow in liverpool, flakes appear to be getting larger. Lovely grey hue to the sky...more to come????

So if you're getting big flakes in Wavertree.... and New Brighton are getting them as well.... maybe they're coming towards the airport and me in South Liverpool....? :D

Off out with the dogs now for a snow walk!

Enjoy everyone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

MetO flash warning-

Cheshire Gtr Manchester Halton Merseyside Warrington

Outbreaks of snow will continue through the afternoon giving a further 4 cm in places. This will lead to icy roads and pavements.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1209 Tue 5 Jan

4cm - that's only 1cm/hr - sounds like they have their figners crossed lol

Edited by V for Very Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

this snow is now coming more from and easterly direction or are my eyes decieving me?

Posted

-2.4º here now, with blue sky peeking through here and there.

My parents in Murton are reporting sever drifting - over 4ft in places, and a Helm blowing. My dad doesn't get blown much anymore, so I think he's quite enjoying it.

That's outrageous! I think you're lucky the mods are so busy that perhaps they missed the inference!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

There are tell tale signs of snowmelt on some house rooves - probably due to the heat being emitted from those houses but still..