Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Max daytime temps are now forecast to be -2c for the rest of the week... We'll be praying for a bit of mild weather soon.. I dread to think what the heating bill is going to be like!

Edited by Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

interesting the showers over ne scotland have banded into a huge area of snow, could be good news later as the developing low may drag it down here..

any thoughts, still -2.0c not bad going poss ice day today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Just got back from Hollingworth lake (in the shadow of the pennines ) - gave up a walk round as the snow was coming in horizontally and daughter didn;t appreicate being unable to see anything lol

thinking ahead - there is definately and E-W split over the next few days and as you can all guess - that boundary is the pennines. So could those of us so near the pennines still pcik up some extra fall?

Posted

After a brief peiod of light snow it has now stopped, The skie is completelly white, When will this band hit my area?!

Posted

Just got back from Hollingworth lake (in the shadow of the pennines ) - gave up a walk round as the snow was coming in horizontally and daughter didn;t appreicate being unable to see anything lol

thinking ahead - there is definately and E-W split over the next few days and as you can all guess - that boundary is the pennines. So could those of us so near the pennines still pcik up some extra fall?

heavy snow here in haydock, and it seems to be very very snowy for quite awhile, the preciptation really beefed up.

Posted

here we go again, light snow starting again in Wythenshawe

gertting slightly heavier

Yes, the same here too! It seems the band has decided to get a move on.

I think southwestern parts of the region should see the most intense falls over the next couple of hours.

I don't think Manchester will see anything more than moderte snowfall for a time.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

I think the Derby game will go ahead as they have underfloor heaters etc. all depending on the roads etc

looking at the animation on the NW radar, seems to be intensifying slightly to the NE and will be heading SW and coming over my house!

Did anyone else have probs connecting to Forum?

Posted

After a brief peiod of light snow it has now stopped, The skie is completelly white, When will this band hit my area?!

You are basically right on the edge of that band now - some heavier stuff just to your NW

Posted

Still snowing in South Liverpool but very small, light flakes possibly even sleet mixed in and not making impact at all on the snow we had overnight.... possibly even contributing to it melting....

:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

is it me or on the sat24 loop do the showers to our north/north east just fizzle out as they get inland.not holding much hope of them getting over here

Posted

According to Sky News Manchester Airport has suspended all flights again.

Posted

You are basically right on the edge of that band now - some heavier stuff just to your NW

Am in line for a dumping or will the band just miss me mate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters

Happy to hear about everyones's snow. Stopped here about 45 minutes ago and blue sky beginning to poke through. The cloud that we had, which is now to the south, looks seriously dark. IMBY the attention has switched to the showers over the north sea and the band currently passing through central and Eastern Scotland perhaps we'll see some more out of that.

C.L.

Posted

Can see some blue sky now, the snow has stopped and seems to have moved to the south.

Time to enjoy the winter wonderland.

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

Iv had problems with getting on the forum also had a power loss for a few secs.still snowing lightly here .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

We now have very heavy snowfall, in fact the heaviest so far. A good 10-15cm is now likely. A very narrow line of this snow has now developed through from Blackburn into Preston and Southport. After that, things should get much less snowy.

Edited by chris93