Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Good to see the almost stalled band keeping it's intensity and also showing signs of slowly moving southwards! I've had mainly light snow for the last half an hour. The sky to my south is bright and I can see the outline of some clouds while to the north it has a uniform dark white colour!

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Light snow turned to light grauple with flakes mixed in... I shall call it.... Snozle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

I work at a school in Leyland and I think it may well be closed tomorrow.

Posted

still light snow here, dont think its stopped for hours.

hoping it turns heavy again soon, but im really just being greedy

Posted

Warrington has 8 inches my Uncle has just informed me.

Posted

Light snow turned to light grauple with flakes mixed in... I shall call it.... Snozle

Its fair to say any number of showers could pop up at any time..without the radar picking them up, probably because of how light they are in nature.

Had another very light snow shower, last about 5 mins max, full on small flakes as opposed to graupel, looks like by the time it arrives it will be possibly around 2 / 3pm which would be pretty good..to help lower certain temps down that are close to 2C such Wigan, the band of snow above us, is actually expanding as opposed to us completely pulling the cloud down, in other words we are kind of elongating the cloud by the coast, and that to me is why its intensifying ..there is just so much snow, I can't be sure if this band is being fed from the east, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it was its not like its got to go all out and plough through the pennines :)

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Nothing here at the moment, but skies looking milky yellow to the north, I always thought that showed the end of a snow event, but if it's snowing in Birkenhead it must be on its way

Posted

Well if any is on its way here it better hurry up as we're in full-on melt-mode, the dusting that fell this morning has halved in size!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Just looked at my school's website - "Due to the adverse weather, school is closing - please come and collect your children". If this keeps up, tomorrow could be doubtful too. Still very thick here. Not huge flakes, but lots of them!

Posted

Well if any is on its way here it better hurry up as we're in full-on melt-mode, the dusting that fell this morning has halved in size!

I wouldnt worry at all..this snow is moving south about 4 hours ago it looked like we needed to grab what we could from sea..thankfully it isnt the case now.

Oh boy....here we go.......it's fine but quite a lot coming downrolleyes.gif

Pretty much the same here James :whistling:

The snow from the north is almost on us now looking at the nw radar. its starting to get a bit thicker :)

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Nothing here at the moment, but skies looking milky yellow to the north, I always thought that showed the end of a snow event, but if it's snowing in Birkenhead it must be on its way

Snowing very lightly in Ellesmere Port.

Posted

Blackburn Rovers v Aston Villa Carling Cup Semi Final has been called off.

Posted

Still snowing here in Norbreck Since 7am this morning, went light for the past hour, but now thumping it down again with very large flakes, hopefully it will work its way down to you guy's in Lytham.

Edited by seasider

Posted

Blackburn Rovers v Aston Villa Carling Cup Semi Final has been called off.

I expect the Manchester derby will be called off aswell wallbash.gif

Edited by thewirral

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

depends whether the pitch has covers or undersoil heating

Posted

Good to see the almost stalled band keeping it's intensity and also showing signs of slowly moving southwards! I've had mainly light snow for the last half an hour. The sky to my south is bright and I can see the outline of some clouds while to the north it has a uniform dark white colour!

Karyo

Karyo,

I can confirm that the uniform dark white to your North is heavy snow. Been continuous for the last hour. Stupid amount of snow now!!

Posted

Karyo,

I can confirm that the uniform dark white to your North is heavy snow. Been continuous for the last hour. Stupid amount of snow now!!

will this snow reach wythenshawe/manc airport then?

Posted

The calm before the storm HotCuppa.

That band is going to give us an absolute PASTING!

School should be closed tomorrow too.

Posted

depends whether the pitch has covers or undersoil heating

The pitch is playable cause of the undersoil heating. It is the surrounding areas that have give the police concerns for fans safety.

Posted

Incredible that you have only had a dusting so far. Snow depth measured 11 inches here earlier this morning and it has continued to snow on and off albeit less heavily since.

I'm sure that there will be more to come for your area. smile.gif