Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

VERY VERY VERY light snow atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

A negligible covering this morning, perhaps about 2-3mm or so. Now it's slushy and melting 1.0C

Posted

Just checked the post code precip radar on nw weather...that snow band to the north of me is definitely making in roads moving south towards south liverpool area and halton. Both places could be in for a pasting and the lp moves further south it should continue to drag more snow from pennine districts and maybe further afield to affect both liverpool and manchester, southport and possibly blackpool at its northern extent that just a guess of course. I reckon Nantwich will be getting in on the act before too long..but the interesting thing for me right now is that the band of snow as stalled with with no southern momentum behind it...basically it looks as though the snow to my immediate north will drop down eventually to where I am and as the low sinks further south...it will be south of the region and possibly into tomorrow for more snow, with south liverpool, liverpool? and halton being at its very northern edge..who knows..it could all change and this band of snow decides to stick around lol..its being pretty resistent to moving south and has been since about 3/4am.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

metoffice radar has me under moderate precip,but it aint,its very light and rather hilariously has been since i got up.

must have teamed it down when i was zzzzzzzzzzz,i really am a jinx

lol

Go back to sleep and it should get heavy! :aggressive:

Karyo

Posted

1.7c?!

0.2c here and im closer to the coast!

Sky looks VERY dark to my north.

I've just checked-gone down to 0C..which is good,althogh light snow has stopped and clouds appear to be a bit thinner

Posted

Hi, my first ever post!! Well I attempted a crazy journey to Lymm this morning and turned back...no weather for a rear wheel drive BMW!! Just started to snow here in Litherland....although we need it because it's been rubbish...im guessing we are too close to the river??? Great site guys and very imformative posts...well done.

Posted

Just checked the post code precip radar on nw weather...that snow band to the north of me is definitely making in roads moving south towards south liverpool area and halton. Both places could be in for a pasting and the lp moves further south it should continue to drag more snow from pennine districts and maybe further afield to affect both liverpool and manchester, southport and possibly blackpool at its northern extent that just a guess of course. I reckon Nantwich will be getting in on the act before too long..but the interesting thing for me right now is that the band of snow as stalled with with no southern momentum behind it...basically it looks as though the snow to my immediate north will drop down eventually to where I am and as the low sinks further south...it will be south of the region and possibly into tomorrow for more snow, with south liverpool, liverpool? and halton being at its very northern edge..who knows..it could all change and this band of snow decides to stick around lol..its being pretty resistent to moving south and has been since about 3/4am.

I think some muppet has threw some hooks up to it and anchored it down!!

If it does work it's way south then stalls over our region... Then wow - another 5 inches? :lol:

Well I gues its slightly better than VERY VERY VERY VERY light snow :lol:

I'll upgrade it.

It's now VERY VERY light :rofl:

Posted

Still battering down in central Preston, will head back to Worsley shortly could be a long journey!!!!yahoo.gif

Posted

Well the band currently over me in Central/North Lancs just seems to have completely stalled. Been snowing now for best part of 3 hours and no sign of it easing off. For 70m altitude 4" now lying is pretty impressive. Parents house 150m or so higher and about 5 miles to my east reporting 7" and heavy snow. Fantastic!! Hope it starts to move south soon for you guys in Merseyside and west Cheshire. Good news is it seems to be pepping up with new precip on a regular basis!

post-7977-12626882093025_thumb.gif

Posted

That band is FINALLY starting to move south... Here we go guys and gals.

Posted
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL

I've just checked-gone down to 0C..which is good,althogh light snow has stopped and clouds appear to be a bit thinner

It has dropped slightly here - but only to 1.6c :air_kiss: no end in sight at the moment here.

Hi, my first ever post!! Well I attempted a crazy journey to Lymm this morning and turned back...no weather for a rear wheel drive BMW!! Just started to snow here in Litherland....although we need it because it's been rubbish...im guessing we are too close to the river??? Great site guys and very imformative posts...well done.

I know exactly what you mean - I drive a Lotus and with it being rear wheel drive and only weighing 800kg it can be difficult - one thing I get is when I drop down a gear the engine breaking will cause the back end to lock up - this has caught me out a few times- do you get this, or are you ok with the extra weight?

Posted

Welcome to Netweather! Glad to report moderate snow falling again now after what seems like an

age! Temp is currently -0.4oC. Many people out with tractors digging out n stuff, dont think

many have attempted going to work :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Snow starting to get a bit heavier again now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

I said last night that December's snow will be hard to beat for Southport anyway. I am proved wrong as it has been snowing heavily and constantly here for the last 4 hours, and it looks like on the radar there is way more to come!! Chaos again on the roads here, no gritters once again. There must be around 6-8cm here!:air_kiss: Schools and colleges are closing as I speak.

Edited by chris93

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

At home today as was ill in the night, but Im not too sure what travelling to/from Leyland would have been like anyway, espcially coming home at 5 o'clock. Here its coming down thick and fast. I'd say at least an inch, probably more, and the radar looks promising for a good while yet. This is wonderful. :):)

Posted

The front currently sitting over Lancashire has defo stalled not really moved South in the last hour, really heavy snow in Preston city centre during the day time is unheard of!!