Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The drought continues here in Telford, bone dry and visibility dropped to 100 meters.

I cant take this anymore. What have we done to deserve this? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Snow is easing here now.

I'm shocked that Shrewsbury missed out again. How on earth did that happen?

I assumed our snow this morning came through Shrewsbury and Telford to get here. I was at work so wasn't watching the radar.

I really hope Shrewsbury gets something tonight because that is just rotten luck. :(

I would be intrested to know the same.. I would assume that there was either a gapin the front of snow as it crosssed the area, or it pepped up as it crossed the region to the east of us... to have got nothing is poor on a day like today. As I said I would be intrested, but I dont know enough about it, and I think this thread is going way to quick for anyone that does to pick up on this Mystery!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

snowing heavily again in Sutton Coldfield....after moderate snowfall...looks like we could be in for quite alot round these parts :(

Yeah, its kinda on and off at the moment, but it looks good for us into this evening i think! Im also in Sutton Coldfield, Im further towards Four Oaks - There was more snow in Erdington though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Snowing here again now. We had about 4cm earlier which thawed a bit - although we're in a village and compared to Stratford when I picked my children up , it hadn't thawed much.

It's now snowing again, proper flakes but lighter than earlier today.

Posted

Yeah, its kinda on and off at the moment, but it looks good for us into this evening i think! Im also in Sutton Coldfield, Im further towards Four Oaks - There was more snow in Erdington though!

Can you tell me how you know it looks good for tonight? Is there another front passing through?

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

I would be intrested to know the same.. I would assume that there was either a gapin the front of snow as it crosssed the area, or it pepped up as it crossed the region to the east of us... to have got nothing is poor on a day like today. As I said I would be intrested, but I dont know enough about it, and I think this thread is going way to quick for anyone that does to pick up on this Mystery!

It did snow to your East heavily in Shifnal/Albrighton/Pattingham and poss Wolves area on its was thru' to Dudley/Black Country this morning but it only lasted an hour and left just an inch.

Posted

The band over Leicester is now merging with the band in the North , Leicester just got very very Lucky .. It will be over us for some time now.

Posted

it still is lightly snowing here, has been for quite awhile!

im looking forward to the snow pepping up later drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well, once again for the NW Midlands, this has been pants, and looks like continuing pants through the night.

I can only hope that the fact the school have gritted no pavements means that it will be shut tomorrow. But even that looks doubtful.

Posted

Well i'm woo'ing for both bands to join and become stationery over South Derbyshire and Leicestershire...

Come on Folks "Wooooooo...." "Wooooooo..."

OK...i'm becoming officially a little nutty tonight.

Posted

Snow is easing here now.

I'm shocked that Shrewsbury missed out again. How on earth did that happen?

I assumed our snow this morning came through Shrewsbury and Telford to get here. I was at work so wasn't watching the radar.

I really hope Shrewsbury gets something tonight because that is just rotten luck. :nonono:

This is extraordinary even for Shrewsbury. Looking at the radar the snow this morning fragmented as soon as it hit the northern border of Shropshire, confirmed by my observations on this morning's little excursion :wallbash: We got 30 minutes of moderate snow (0.5cm, now mostly gone) from the tip of the bit that remained over Wales and then the band reorganised itself at the southeastern edge of this cursed county. Hence all the snow n N Worcs. Under 200m asl in Shropshire you might as well forget it- there's nothing. What's really, really amazing and unprecedented in my experience is that Telford has been missing it all as well; the snowline on the Wrekin is about 100m above that town and has been for a week or so.

Posted

Well i'm woo'ing for both bands to join and become stationery over South Derbyshire and Leicestershire...

What you said looks like what is going to happen , and the 12z backs this up. We don't need the stuff in the South we have our own ppn , The low in the South will just help us to pep it back up again later.

Posted

Yup, this is much, much more than fully deserved.

Couldn't believe it when I got home and none of the cars here even had any snow at all on them! I had to clear 2 inches off mine only 12 miles away :)

Edited by Strider

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Precip is definitely intensifying to my north east and its heading straight for us. Just keep going like that and Nottingham is quids in!

Just hope it doesn't suddenly start drifting due west!

Posted

The lamp post has revealed some flakes falling :)

yes i see a few flakes falling to. soooo desperate for some snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

any more heavy snow for stoke tonight

Posted

Well, once again for the NW Midlands, this has been pants, and looks like continuing pants through the night.

I can only hope that the fact the school have gritted no pavements means that it will be shut tomorrow. But even that looks doubtful.

Not certain exactly where you are Nick but in Walsall town centre it is throwing it down and having just spoken to my wife there is very heavy snow in Bloxwich on the main road out to Cannock.

Posted

Pic from around half hour ago, decent covering. Hoping for more later on :)

2zym0cp.jpg

Posted

which schoolwould that be Nick????????