Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Anyone looking at the Radar would be forgiven for thinking that there isn't much snow falling here and it's probably light at best. Far from it. Snow has really picked up here now still snowing moderately with occasional heavier bursts.

To be honest, I'm not sure who's going to get what. Though this snowfall over me right now has not moved for some time, not moving in any particular direction. And as i'm typing the snow is steadily getting heavier. If anyone from Birmingham is here then hopefully they'll report this just incase some may think I'm exaggerating. :lol:

But seriously, it's just getting more intense by the minute here!! :yahoo:

I'm with you my friend!

City Centre is getting heavier by about 15 minute intervals.

Marvellous!

Posted

Anyone looking at the Radar would be forgiven for thinking that there isn't much snow falling here and it's probably light at best. Far from it. Snow has really picked up here now still snowing moderately with occasional heavier bursts.

To be honest, I'm not sure who's going to get what. Though this snowfall over me right now has not moved for some time, not moving in any particular direction. And as i'm typing the snow is steadily getting heavier. If anyone from Birmingham is here then hopefully they'll report this just incase some may think I'm exaggerating. :lol:

But seriously, it's just getting more intense by the minute here!! :yahoo:

Im near sutton coldfield in lichfield, does this meas that im missing the heavy snow or will it reach me possibly as i only have light snow..

Posted

To be honest, I'm not sure who's going to get what. Though this snowfall over me right now has not moved for some time, not moving in any particular direction. And as i'm typing the snow is steadily getting heavier. If anyone from Birmingham is here then hopefully they'll report this just incase some may think I'm exaggerating. laugh.gif

But seriously, it's just getting more intense by the minute here!! yahoo.gif

awwww u lucky bugger! i need a top up! lol!

Posted

But seriously, it's just getting more intense by the minute here!! :lol:

Moderate snow here in Wednesbury, temp & DP have just started to drop as well.

Happy Days :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Do your remember me complaining about my little snow free zone in Wordsley last week? Well i've just travelled back from Rowley Regis and it seems that Wordsley has the most snow this time! First time i've ever known more snow at home than my work place.

You are allowed to remind me of this morning when i complain about the Wordsley snow free hole again!

We've done alright today haven't we?

We have done very well. :yahoo:

Snow picking up again here. Probably will remain on and off for a bit then becoming prolonged later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Still nothing falling from the sky here in Telford, turning foggy though..

same here- absolutely ****

Edited by Bottesford
please don't attempt to go round the swear filter - Bottesford

Posted

Afternoon All

Sky darkening over Nottingham, but nothing falling, could be just the early arrival of dusk.....

Snow rapidly melting now....

Pleased for all those that got snow, but Nottingham will soon be a snow free zone....

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Location: Alrewas - North Staffs(203ft ASL) 5 miles north of Lichfield
  • Location: Alrewas - North Staffs(203ft ASL) 5 miles north of Lichfield

To be honest, I'm not sure who's going to get what. Though this snowfall over me right now has not moved for some time, not moving in any particular direction. And as i'm typing the snow is steadily getting heavier. If anyone from Birmingham is here then hopefully they'll report this just incase some may think I'm exaggerating. laugh.gif

But seriously, it's just getting more intense by the minute here!! yahoo.gif

I work in b'ham city center and can confirm the above

Posted

latest meteox radar shows that the main preciepitation "curl" of the low, should start moving a bit more northwards again soon.

This could explain the pepping up of the snow over the Birmingham area.

http://www.meteox.co.uk/images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop1uur&c=&n=&tijdid=20098252232

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The radar is wrong i think! Moderate snow here when it shows light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

We have done very well. :yahoo:

Snow picking up again here. Probably will remain on and off for a bit then becoming prolonged later.

Hi, do you actually see us getting much more this evening? I am pretty happy with what we have had so far. I live near Clent and can normally see Dudley, lost that now so guessing heavier snow is on its way over :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Hmmm this is ODD.

Radar shows the lightest of light precip over Leicester and yet the snow has picked up and it is moderate now in small flakes. The radar cannot be very accurate in terms of precip intensity at the moment. Good signs though!

All Iknow is if I stare at the radar loop long enough I`m going to go mad!crazy.gif

Is the band to our north intensifying??

And has the one over Cheltenham moved ever so slowly NE??ph34r.gif

Posted

All the Nottingham people coming out and saying it's rubbish - they'd be right. It's been grim here all day.

HOWEVER.

I can see some dandruff like things falling outside. Maybe, just maybe, there is hope before the sun goes down. :)

Posted

ah yes i see it! that band around gloucestershire, the left side of that band is coming up sw midlands! and i have just seen some slight snow falling outside my window! yahoo.gif

Posted

Snowing very lightly here. I'm not so confident about more for later but thanks to this morning it wouldn't be a huge disaster if nothing came out of it.

Wondering if this light snow might pep up a bit like it is elsewhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

All Iknow is if I stare at the radar loop long enough I`m going to go mad!crazy.gif

Is the band to our north intensifying??

And has the one over Cheltenham moved ever so slowly NE??ph34r.gif

I really have no idea either :)

All I know is... The radar is lying, it says the lightest of precip is falling here when in fact it is moderate snow in small flakes so that is not very accurate.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Have heard reports its snowing heavily in Mansfield at the moment!

Working in Willenhall now (North of Brum towards Wolverhampton) and v.light snow for the past 20 mins......flurries really......around 1-2cms still on the ground from this morning.

Roads are fine but waiting for the chaos lol

hoping it will pick up soon dry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

All the Nottingham people coming out and saying it's rubbish - they'd be right. It's been grim here all day.

HOWEVER.

I can see some dandruff like things falling outside. Maybe, just maybe, there is hope before the sun goes down. :mellow:

Its moving South slowly.... not be long now! :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi AJ I was just thinking something similar to the point you made above but I think that the majority of heavy snow will skirt around this "new low" into Wales before cutting back across the country ,around the south Wales area, and into the south west region but I cant see enough flow from the sw at the moment to push the snow up the country as far as us?? I have a feeling(and I hope I,m wrong) that all we will see in the mids is light to moderate snow for a while maybe the odd heavier burst but I cant see the snow being as widespread as forecast??? Any thoughts ???

It does feel somewhat 'out of sync' today doesnt it?...I cant quite out my finger on it, but I honestly feel this evening will bring some surprises...The band on the northern flank of the LP is now starting to make a move to the south/south-east, so fingers crossed should get a generous covering during the overnight hours :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

HOWEVER.

I can see some dandruff like things falling outside. Maybe, just maybe, there is hope before the sun goes down. nonono.gif

OMG for real??? I cant see it!!! (squints really hard) I have developed an obsessive-compulsive disorder watching the radar. I really need the band to move south.

IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING THATS HOLY- PLEASE- LET IT SNOW IN NOTTINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wallbash.gif