IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yes...its called 'Night-time'....

Sorry, couldnt resist! :whistling:

lol, it's darker than it normally would be at this time :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well the south of the East Midlands, perhaps.

But for Notts, Derby and Leics, I just cannot see it at all.

I dunno you know, things are starting to look a bit more interesting on the Net Weather radar. Precip around North Birmingham pepping up slightly and reports from that area of light-moderate snowfalling now. We have had light snow most of the afternoon here in Leicester, only amounted to about a cm but it looks very nice, if that PPN continues to pep up during the evening and sticks around across the Midlands then Leicestershire and even Derbyshire and Nottingham could see some decent snowfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes night time!!!

Sorry couldn't resist :lol:

Its actually gone very misty here which is a little unexpected and its "drizzling" snow.

Is there an echo in here?.....here?....here?..... :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

The area of PPN to the north and west of brum has pepped up and is now showing moderate snow, I believe this was merely 'snizzle about an hour ago! Encouraging!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I dunno you know, things are starting to look a bit more interesting on the Net Weather radar. Precip around North Birmingham pepping up slightly and reports from that area of light-moderate snowfalling now. We have had light snow most of the afternoon here in Leicester, only amounted to about a cm but it looks very nice, if that PPN continues to pep up during the evening and sticks around across the Midlands then Leicestershire and even Derbyshire and Nottingham could see some decent snowfall.

check out my earlier post Andy...this prcip has developed over the last hour..Its light at best, but it doesnt seem to be going anywhere in a hurry...Certainly a dusting in the offing........On a slight tangent, dont ask me how, but I've got this strange feeling that something is going to happen north of Brum...The forecasts today seem out, mother nature is not playing ball...The snow band to the north is circulating around a new LP centred salops/staffs, and it wouldnt surprise me to see precip circulate and then push up from the SW...A strange theory, but then, these are strange times (cue ominous silence)...or am I drinking too much Bicardi again? :lol:

Posted

The area of PPN to the north and west of brum has pepped up and is now showing moderate snow, I believe this was merely 'snizzle about an hour ago! Encouraging!good.gif

Let's hope so as this winter has given us nothing so far. The Lichfield snow shield has scuppered our chances yet again!! :lol:

Posted

remember Derbyshire is in the East Midlands, and is over 50 miles long, we have had 12cms of lying snow in my location, with some more to come i;m sure, not so much as south central england but i have had plenty today. It also happens to be my birthday so all in all another good start to the new year. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
mad.gifwallbash.gifcrazy.gif

post-8050-12627029583852_thumb.png

Posted

Steady, moderate snowfall continues here with it getting slightly dark to my south west. Snowfall could intensify in the next hour and if it does, and settles, then rush hour could be chaos around Birmingham.

And woah, some thicker snowflakes coming down here now! This could get very interesting within the next few hours. Or not.

so where bis that coming from then!

is redditch going to get what you r getting? precip charts r beginning to confuse me lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

No no, it's the stuff over the English Channel. The NMM has this pushing NE up through central southern England and the Midlands later.

The precip over the Irish Sea is going to head SW clipping south west Wales and Cornwall.

Noted, but there's no real sign of it happening yet looking at the radar, although I suppose there are slight signs of the precip to the east of Cardiff/Bristol moving north-eastwards. I can't see how any of that is going to come back westwards any time soon, but we'll all just have to wait and see what ends up where!

Edited by Snowmoon

Posted

Well i've been sent home from work early because of the snow. A bit OTT but i'm not saying no!

We've had quite a bit in Wordsley this morning. Arond 1 to 2 inches in the stourbridge area, locally a bit more. So we've actually done ok this time and i can stop complaining about the lack of snow now.

So whats happening now? I'm assuming i'm too far north for anything interesting tonight, though the band over North Wales looks interesting. But if it snows no more i'm happy. The way things were looking on Saturday, I would have taken 1cm of snow this week, so my expectsations have been exceeded.

Just starting to snow again now as well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very heavy snow this morning. 4cm here.

Looks like it is going to get bad from about 6pm tonight until about 9am tomorrow morning. Expect most schools closed tomorrow probably!

Posted

well this morning, here 10 miles south west of brm was stunning, i have been driving since the early 80s but have never seen so many cars spinning out and and having such a battle with the snow, at one point the whole town ground to a halt as some cars struggled to get up the slightest incline, i know some hate it but i love it,shame about the car smashed up down my road though. so ding ding when does round two start

Posted

I hear people saying the snow will get worse about 6 o'clock, but looking at the radar, there is no sign of anything but a weak band stretching from wales across to the north west.

Is this what's going to bring the snow?

Posted

check out my earlier post Andy...this prcip has developed over the last hour..Its light at best, but it doesnt seem to be going anywhere in a hurry...Certainly a dusting in the offing........On a slight tangent, dont ask me how, but I've got this strange feeling that something is going to happen north of Brum...The forecasts today seem out, mother nature is not playing ball...The snow band to the north is circulating around a new LP centred salops/staffs, and it wouldnt surprise me to see precip circulate and then push up from the SW...A strange theory, but then, these are strange times (cue ominous silence)...or am I drinking too much Bicardi again? whistling.gif

Hi AJ I was just thinking something similar to the point you made above but I think that the majority of heavy snow will skirt around this "new low" into Wales before cutting back across the country ,around the south Wales area, and into the south west region but I cant see enough flow from the sw at the moment to push the snow up the country as far as us?? I have a feeling(and I hope I,m wrong) that all we will see in the mids is light to moderate snow for a while maybe the odd heavier burst but I cant see the snow being as widespread as forecast??? Any thoughts ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hmmm this is ODD.

Radar shows the lightest of light precip over Leicester and yet the snow has picked up and it is moderate now in small flakes. The radar cannot be very accurate in terms of precip intensity at the moment. Good signs though!

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Everybody here is being sent home early because of the snow too... most people have already gone; I'm not going to rush home as it looks like nothing's going to happen for a while yet (and I can never work from home, always drift off!). The thaw has begun anyway, most of the snow has now melted - guess it's just a case of watching how the pptn behaves, whatever way it behaves, it's doing it slowly! :nonono:

Posted

Anyone looking at the Radar would be forgiven for thinking that there isn't much snow falling here and it's probably light at best. Far from it. Snow has really picked up here now still snowing moderately with occasional heavier bursts.

To be honest, I'm not sure who's going to get what. Though this snowfall over me right now has not moved for some time, not moving in any particular direction. And as i'm typing the snow is steadily getting heavier. If anyone from Birmingham is here then hopefully they'll report this just incase some may think I'm exaggerating. :cold:

But seriously, it's just getting more intense by the minute here!! :nonono:

Been doing pretty much the same here aswell for the last half hour.

Posted

Very heavy snow this morning. 4cm here.

Looks like it is going to get bad from about 6pm tonight until about 9am tomorrow morning. Expect most schools closed tomorrow probably!

Do your remember me complaining about my little snow free zone in Wordsley last week? Well i've just travelled back from Rowley Regis and it seems that Wordsley has the most snow this time! First time i've ever known more snow at home than my work place.

You are allowed to remind me of this morning when i complain about the Wordsley snow free hole again!

We've done alright today haven't we?