Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

All the Nottingham people coming out and saying it's rubbish - they'd be right. It's been grim here all day.

HOWEVER.

I can see some dandruff like things falling outside. Maybe, just maybe, there is hope before the sun goes down. nonono.gif

that will be tesco value snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

rofl.gif

Posted

Its moving South slowly.... not be long now! :mellow:

I'll believe it when I see it, its pretty dark here in the centre of Nottingham but nothing is falling, I think it is the urban dome effect over Notts city centre.. :-)

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

In fact the radar isn't just wrong it's BADLY wrong for Leicester. The snow is getting heavier now and it's from from very small flakes coming down moderately to 5p size flakes coming down moderatly and it's settling around my area. I guess in the town centre it won't settle on the roads and pavements but here in a built up area it is settling nicely on the road, pavements, grass etc... Gotta be on for 2-3cm now :mellow:

I don't have any idea why the radar says extremely light PPN and yet what is falling out the sky is now moderate snow lol still I am not complaining!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hmm.....wet bulbs/dew points are actually looking a little bit marginal now for my location...Just a tad below 0C...this though might explain where this 'north of brum' precip has developed....0C air temp plus 0C wet-bulb/dew point = 100% saturation = precipitation....I think! :unknw:

Posted

Its moving South slowly.... not be long now! :unknw:

It'd better do - I don't know if I'm hallucinating that there's a little patch moving up from Birmingham and the main band coming down from Grimsby to meet us. Law of sod dictates that it'll hammer it down when I go into city to go to the pub later...

OMG for real??? I cant see it!!! (squints really hard) I have developed an obsessive-compulsive disorder watching the radar. I really need the band to move south.

IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING THATS HOLY- PLEASE- LET IT SNOW IN NOTTINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wallbash.gif

It's kinda not doing it any more. Which sucks. These skies are so leaden it's ridiculous, surely something could fall!

:lol: I think I might keep this avatar for a loooooooong while yet! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

In fact the radar isn't just wrong it's BADLY wrong for Leicester. The snow is getting heavier now and it's from from very small flakes coming down moderately to 5p size flakes coming down moderatly and it's settling around my area. I guess in the town centre it won't settle on the roads and pavements but here in a built up area it is settling nicely on the road, pavements, grass etc... Gotta be on for 2-3cm now :lol:

I don't have any idea why the radar says extremely light PPN and yet what is falling out the sky is now moderate snow lol still I am not complaining!!

Radar is not wrong.....DANDRUFF mate...try 'Head & Shoulders'..... :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Have re run the radar and have noticed how unlucky places like Nottingham have been!!! Hope you get some later.

The precip on the radar exploded in intensity before we got here hence our disruption!

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

It's gone very foggy here! Anybody ever seen it snow while it's foggy?

Posted

I'll believe it when I see it, its pretty dark here in the centre of Nottingham but nothing is falling, I think it is the urban dome effect over Notts city centre.. :-)

Cheers

FC

From the top of the Council House:

NOTTM_CAMERA_OMS.jpg

Enjoy our failure, all you who are not in Nottingham!

Posted

Radar is not wrong.....DANDRUFF mate...try 'Head & Shoulders'..... :unknw:

:lol:

I'm surprised that for once the radar is actually underestimating the snowfall! Usually it either creates a gap over LE3 just to annoy me or show light precip over us when nothing is falling ;)

This time it's showing extremely light stuff when its now moderately snowing, thank you radar ;)

Posted

It's gone very foggy here! Anybody ever seen it snow while it's foggy?

eek that usually means a temperature rise, has it gone above freezing? :unknw:

Posted

Hmm, I'm not sure whether I shall call this heavy snow or not:

Just in the last few minutes, from little-to-nothing falling out of the sky, there suddenly burst a storm of flakes. Not big, but there were so many I couldn't see as far as across my road. That doesn't usually happen even in proper heavy snow here... I wonder what caused that? :unknw:

But either way, all of this in Halesowen is moving Birmingham's way. :lol:

Also it appears to have maxed out today, falling temps now.

Air Temp: 0.6C

Dew point: -0.4C

It's still snowing quite well, and no thaw appears to be happening.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Look at the latest met radar , you can see the rap taking place now and the ppn will pep up over the next few hours for our region ,

the band sitting out to glouster way is moving northeast , see for yourself .

The snow will develop now through the evening , very interesting developments now ,

the ppn through brum is expanding and my window confirms this as the snow is slowly pepping up .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Have re run the radar and have noticed how unlucky places like Nottingham have been!!! Hope you get some later.

The precip on the radar exploded in intensity before we got here hence our disruption!

rolleyes.gif Thanks sweetness. maybe if everybody from the W mids and the N. Midlands (aka Mansfield, Worksop etc..) gets together and blows REALLY HARD in my direction (thats NG5 in Nottingham) we might get some snow!!!!!! This stupid clear dome over Nottingham is ageing me by 30 years. I feel sick..

Posted

Snow is starting to pep up quite a bit here as well. Hmmm, strange goings on indeed.

Posted

Not sure on temperature as I'm still at work. It says 0c on the internet, if it's foggy then surely the dewpoint is 0c too?

Posted

laugh.gif

I'm surprised that for once the radar is actually underestimating the snowfall! Usually it either creates a gap over LE3 just to annoy me or show light precip over us when nothing is falling laugh.gif

This time it's showing extremely light stuff when its now moderately snowing, thank you radar biggrin.gif

Andy, here in Whetstone just down the road from you, its just very slight snow, so shows how localized it can be.

Posted

Look at the latest met radar , you can see the rap taking place now

Who is it? 50 Cent? Dr Dre? 2Pac back from the dead possibly?

:(

Posted

Hmmmm, you must be lying. :lol: Just kidding.

I know what you mean, the snow a while ago was moderate-slightly heavy and the Radar made it seem as though it was nothing more than a light flurry. That's why I was hoping more people would report the snow around Birmingham, just incase anyone thought I was giving "inaccurate" reports. :lol:

So does my theory on why this snow has developed bear any credence?? (re. identical air temps/wet bulb temps, 100% saturation) or am I barking up the wrong tree....

woof woof

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Andy, here in Whetstone just down the road from you, its just very slight snow, so shows how localized it can be.

Yeh? Head up to Braunstone town, moderate snow falling here, roads are a death trap though on the ones that haven't been gritted like my road!