Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It is chucking it down here now :D

This is amazing, I didn't expect to see this developing this evening. Snowing heavily now and it looks like the PPN will stick over the Midlands all evening and pivot! Absolute legend :D This might make up for the disapointments I had before Christmas, no more moaning from me if this delivers :drunk:

Posted

Hi Andy, I'm gonna say light to moderate at the mo, but I am more towards the city than you, so maybe it is yet to get as heavy. So glad it is snowing here though, after this morning I had all but given up!!

I am South West Leicester where the heavier PPN is on the radar :D It should make it's way up to you in the next 30 minutes.

Come on guys in LE3, I know you are reading this, back me up on the report of heavy snow now falling :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

I think it's coming up from the SW, which is why I'm getting it in Lenton, but you aren't in Sherwood. It's gonna get to you soon, I should reckon anyway!

Good spot, C_S! The Rain Today radar won't let me zoom in, so I can see how localised my shower is.

May get heavier, it's looking very murky towards the QMC.

Put your postcode in mate, then it takes you closer, you just have to mess around refreshing to see the whole of the uk again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Still in the void... going foggy and dark (that will be nightime!) snow now to the east west and north still but all moving an ever frustrating dance around us....

That said Im off to London on Thursday, hopefully they have armageddon snow for the next two days and I cant get there and have a day off... that would be the best thing this cold period has done for me!

Posted

Cmon fellow Leicester peeps... Back me up here to prove to everyone i'm not lying :drunk: It is defanitly snowing moderately-heavy now.

Well I'm 8 miles north of Leicester and all we've had is a slight dusting with tiny flakes with nothing settling on the wet pavements and according to this Leicester's the same:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leicester/content/webcams/st_margarets_way_burleys_way_webcam.shtml

And this is even worse!!:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leicester/content/webcams/lubbesthorpe_way_osiers_bridge_webcam.shtml

Posted

I must live a few streets away from you, I live in Carrington on Hucknall rd. Deffo no snow yet cray.gif

I'm working on snowless Sherwood Rise today..... :-)

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I think it's coming up from the SW, which is why I'm getting it in Lenton, but you aren't in Sherwood. It's gonna get to you soon, I should reckon anyway!

Good spot, C_S! The Rain Today radar won't let me zoom in, so I can see how localised my shower is.

May get heavier, it's looking very murky towards the QMC.

here is a snapshot on the NE radar of Nottingham zoomed in. I am the NG5 but when I type in NG7 you are in the blip to the left of the city centre smile.gif

post-8050-12627076752652_thumb.png

Posted

Wow, spot on - it is now getting heavy in Leicester. Hooray!!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::drunk:

The Milkybar kid said the Milkybars were on him, well... Seeing as I don't drink hardly ever and I am not drinking tonight... We have some Strongbows left in the fridge so... The Strongybows are on me :D:D

The strongybow kid is strong and tough... :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Will it snow in Cardiff mate?

No.......hmm...all this talk of food is making me hungry...what food?......SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM , SPAM......... :drunk:

Posted

here is a snapshot on the NE radar of Nottingham zoomed in. I am the NG5 but when I type in NG7 you are in the blip to the left of the city centre smile.gif

Cheers! :lol: That's not even coming up on the Rain Today radar - doesn't matter because I can see it snowing here anyway! :drinks: The QMC is partially obscured by cloud (which I guess is snow showers), but it's definitely coming this way and getting heavier as I type! :drinks: OK, not ground-shatteringly heavier, but the heaviest I've seen today!

Looking at the radar, all the bands of snow seem to be converging on Nottingham! Excellent!

Edited by butler_son

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

:drinks::drinks: :lol: :lol:

The Milkybar kid said the Milkybars were on him, well... Seeing as I don't drink hardly ever and I am not drinking tonight... We have some Strongbows left in the fridge so... The Strongybows are on me :lol: :lol:

The strongybow kid is strong and tough... :lol:

but the Bicardi that I'm drinking will make you feel rough :lol:

Posted

Trust me it's ammering it down here, I just wish some bugger from LE3 would confirm it too so I wouldn't look such a numpty :drinks:

Will it snow in Cardiff mate?

Nah Cardiffs time is UP, no more snow EVER.

Kidding, i'm kidding :drinks: You might see some overnight, just keep checking the radar :lol:

Posted

is this the right thread for people around leeds? how much snow have you had? that band has stalled over you all day!

Posted

Snow is easing here now.

I'm shocked that Shrewsbury missed out again. How on earth did that happen?

I assumed our snow this morning came through Shrewsbury and Telford to get here. I was at work so wasn't watching the radar.

I really hope Shrewsbury gets something tonight because that is just rotten luck. :(

Posted

Trust me it's ammering it down here, I just wish some bugger from LE3 would confirm it too so I wouldn't look such a numpty :(

i am le2 and yes it is hammering it down here only small flakes but lots of them :(

Posted

It is chucking it down here now :(

This is amazing, I didn't expect to see this developing this evening. Snowing heavily now and it looks like the PPN will stick over the Midlands all evening and pivot! Absolute legend :( This might make up for the disapointments I had before Christmas, no more moaning from me if this delivers :(

Chucking it down here Andy , but the flakes arn't very big in enderby and narborough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Snow getting abit heavier now! Nick you think we will get

some heavy stuff overnight from the south? Or will this keep devolping?

Posted

The drought continues here in Telford, bone dry and visibility dropped to 100 meters.

Posted

Snow is easing here now.

I'm shocked that Shrewsbury missed out again. How on earth did that happen?

I assumed our snow this morning came through Shrewsbury and Telford to get here. I was at work so wasn't watching the radar.

I really hope Shrewsbury gets something tonight because that is just rotten luck. :(

Thanks. Fingers crossed for later, but i doubt nothing will happen.

Role on June/July Thunderstorms we never miss out on them.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Still in the void... going foggy and dark (that will be nightime!) snow now to the east west and north still but all moving an ever frustrating dance around us....

Yep... looks like nothing is happening between the Black Country and you. Cant see where any PPN other than the odd flurry is going to come from for a good while.... if at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Snow getting abit heavier now! Nick you think we will get

some heavy stuff overnight from the south? Or will this keep devolping?

Still very light here. Doubt we will get more than a cm tonight if I'm honest.

Posted

Cmon fellow Leicester peeps... Back me up here to prove to everyone i'm not lying biggrin.gif It is defanitly snowing moderately-heavy now.

Yes starting to get a covering now, and the 5min radar has really pepped up in the last half hour as its got dark. And the snow

to the west oxford seems to be moving more north / north east now as well.