Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a quick edit......09z NMM model has the main snow area further to the south, but only a 50 mile difference north could make one helluva difference!...fingers crossed!

Posted

lol!! Yeah it was not even worthy of being called Tesco snow, its more like Netto snow- or shnizel for that matter. I think I counted 7 flakes of pathetic dust. Now nothing again.

I shop at Sainsbury's anyway! :drinks: It was Lidl snow, but it's looking so much better now!

Posted

Getting a bit more northeastwards movement on the latest radar.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GFS12z trickling out now....Looking very good in the short-term for all of the Midlands region....Sporadic snow overnight (depending where you live) with a very nice wrap-around area of snow tomorrow morning! :drinks:

Indeed and doesnt go till about 12pm ish. I would expect most schools closed tomorrow with West Midlands, Worcestershire, Warwickshire and Herefordshire and perhaps south Staffs suffering the worst in the West Mids region.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Still moderate snow in Birmingham. This is a small area of precipitation but seems to be rotating around itself just like the Low will do later on but this precip will here for a while yet. Its just not moving out of brum with heavier bursts towards the North of the city so I'm guessing places like Walsall, Erdington, Great Barr and Perry Barr seeing heavier snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well it's been snowing here in Northants for a wee while, light but steady it has to be said. Radar not picking it up.

An excellent GFS 12z for the region!

Yes, tomorrow morning looks stunning for you area :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Oh my.

Precipitiation = increasing.

Snowflake size = increasing.

My heart rate = probably increasing.

Might this be the flurry we were looking for? pardon.gif

R u in Lenton?? Ive got nuthin!!! GRRRRR- but I am in Sherwood area, north of the city centre about 1 mile

Posted

R u in Lenton?? Ive got nuthin!!! GRRRRR- but I am in Sherwood area, north of the city centre about 1 mile

Yep - in Lenton. It's not substantial, but the flakes are bigger than we've seen so far today, so it's nice to look at. You'll get some shortly, no doubt! :(

Posted

Been looking at the satellite images for best part of the day now, it doesn't seem to be moving anywhere at present but the general "flow" seems to track it over the midlands? Maybe i'm seeing what i want to see but i can not see how the majority of the midlands will miss out, it just all seems to taking much longer than the BBC showed this morning. I wouldn't be surprised if it started here again around 9pm..........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Gotta say folkes, I am liking these developments so far!!! Precip over Midlands is intensifying, it is now snowing pretty moderate-heavy in Leicester now, really picked up in the last 15 minutes! The radar looks decent for the Midlands, the 12z GFS run looks good too for some significant snow over the next 36 hours for the Midlands too.

This could be the one guys... 4 inches+ in quite a few parts of the Midlands by Thursday IMO.

Posted

There appears to be a developing situation here , with precipitation looking like it is going to be aalot more widespread than first thought , Leicester looks like it is about to get lucky cause the band to our sw is now moving ne and pepping up. Just hope duepoints drop abit.

Posted

Does anybody who has been looking at the latest charts think Telford will see much snow or are we to far north?? We havnt seen nothing all day except 1 heavy burst this morning. Thank you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Cmon fellow Leicester peeps... Back me up here to prove to everyone i'm not lying :good: It is defanitly snowing moderately-heavy now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Can confirm we have had light-ish turning to occasionally light-moderate snow here for the last 45 minutes or so.

Posted

Well, well, well, the forecasters certainly didn't expect this.

Someone had a pop at me for moaning saying I'd get 2-5cm. Not even a full covering and now it's vanished. Snowed for 5mins now, stopped again, no covering. I'm right to moan

Shropshire= worst for snow

I dont think anyones safe from it in the next few hours

Posted

I shop at Sainsbury's anyway! :good: It was Lidl snow, but it's looking so much better now!

can't see anything falling here in Sherwood Rise area of Nottingham....

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Yep - in Lenton. It's not substantial, but the flakes are bigger than we've seen so far today, so it's nice to look at. You'll get some shortly, no doubt! pardon.gif

ah yes- I see the blip of snow on the radar where you are. I hope I get it- I've been degraded to wishing for a measly blip of snow now hahaha!!! Its getting too dark to see, going on lampost duty soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Very disappointing so far today. All I have had is the odd brief burst of moderate snow and occasional light snow. Most of the day we have seen nothing and very little extra lying snow.

Posted

Cheers

FC

I must live a few streets away from you, I live in Carrington on Hucknall rd. Deffo no snow yet cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Cmon fellow Leicester peeps... Back me up here to prove to everyone i'm not lying biggrin.gif It is defanitly snowing moderately-heavy now.

Melton has snow too! tease.gif

Snowflake size 2mm.unknw.gif

PPN Rate 3 flakes per minute.nonono.gif

Posted

Cheers

FC

I think it's coming up from the SW, which is why I'm getting it in Lenton, but you aren't in Sherwood. It's gonna get to you soon, I should reckon anyway!

Good spot, C_S! The Rain Today radar won't let me zoom in, so I can see how localised my shower is.

May get heavier, it's looking very murky towards the QMC.

Posted

Gotta say folkes, I am liking these developments so far!!! Precip over Midlands is intensifying, it is now snowing pretty moderate-heavy in Leicester now, really picked up in the last 15 minutes! The radar looks decent for the Midlands, the 12z GFS run looks good too for some significant snow over the next 36 hours for the Midlands too.

This could be the one guys... 4 inches+ in quite a few parts of the Midlands by Thursday IMO.

Will it snow in Cardiff mate?

Posted

Cmon fellow Leicester peeps... Back me up here to prove to everyone i'm not lying biggrin.gif It is defanitly snowing moderately-heavy now.

Hi Andy, I'm gonna say light to moderate at the mo, but I am more towards the city than you, so maybe it is yet to get as heavy. So glad it is snowing here though, after this morning I had all but given up!!