Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Andy, here in Whetstone just down the road from you, its just very slight snow, so shows how localized it can be.

As I suspected.....Dandruff :lol:

Posted

Started snowing here at 8.50am (just as i'd mocked the little one i'd take him to school, then snow would come and I'd play in all day while he was at school)......

Kids we're kicked out of school by lunchtime. light flurries continued after heav snow this morning and now the snow is perking up again and getting heavier. Fingers crossed for a massive dumping, but fatman isn't impressed as he had to go to Northants today and it ook him forever. whistling.gif

Posted

Look at the latest met radar , you can see the rap taking place now and the ppn will pep up over the next few hours for our region ,

the band sitting out to glouster way is moving northeast , see for yourself .

The snow will develop now through the evening , very interesting developments now ,

the ppn through brum is expanding and my window confirms this as the snow is slowly pepping up .

yep! i saw that snow from glousester edging up to us! its fantastic out there! been chucking snowballs at my 10 yr old! he's out there building a snow man now! the snow is kind of blizzard type snow but without the wind! tiny flakes but loads falling from the sky! laugh.gif

Posted

:lol: CHRIST ON A BIKE, THERE'S ACTUALLY SOME WHITE STUFF FALLING IN NOTTINGHAM!

Something must be wrong. Snow should have learned by now it's not allowed to fall here...however fine...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I could be imagining this but... It looks like the band over the Midlands and the band over Yorkshire are joining up bit by bit :lol:

Posted

Well, perhaps a brave (or stupid call), but for the 'Snowless Triangle' commonly known as South and Central Derbyshire, South and Central Notts, and Central and North Leics (I might even include North Warks in this), I am stuggling to see us getting any heavy ppn.

The band up North looks like moving more west with the band to the south not making it this far north.

I may be pesimisstic about this, but just see is stuck in a relatively snowless movement, and when the low starts moving north, it doesn't quite make it.

*Goes searching to see if the clever Polar Continental is about*

Posted

Anyone looking at the Radar would be forgiven for thinking that there isn't much snow falling here and it's probably light at best. Far from it. Snow has really picked up here now still snowing moderately with occasional heavier bursts.

To be honest, I'm not sure who's going to get what. Though this snowfall over me right now has not moved for some time, not moving in any particular direction. And as i'm typing the snow is steadily getting heavier. If anyone from Birmingham is here then hopefully they'll report this just incase some may think I'm exaggerating. :lol:

But seriously, it's just getting more intense by the minute here!! :lol:

Yes I can report moderate snow falling here too but havent seen the heavier bursts. Looking at the radar on raintoday, it seems to be stuck over Bham without moving and it has intensified over the City Centre and towards the North of the city.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

As I suspected.....Dandruff :D

Oh shat ap you tart :D

Snow shield temporarily moved to NG7 for repairs. I declare it fixed.

Have you moved it out of NG7 now? :D

It's started snowing there so you must have, did you move it to Derby? Poor buggers there are in the gap in the PPN, I know the pain of that believe me!!

Posted

Hmmmm, you must be lying. :D Just kidding.

I know what you mean, the snow a while ago was moderate-slightly heavy and the Radar made it seem as though it was nothing more than a light flurry. That's why I was hoping more people would report the snow around Birmingham, just incase anyone thought I was giving "inaccurate" reports. :D

Yep, been snowing nicely here for the last half hour or so, covering up places that had melted nicely on the paths.

Good few cms in untouched places now. Just measured and have just under 5cm, in the garden.

Posted

Have you moved it out of NG7 now? :)

It's started snowing there so you must have, did you move it to Derby? Poor buggers there are in the gap in the PPN, I know the pain of that believe me!!

Maybe the repairs weren't good enough... :) However, it's is the lightest of snow with the consistency of dandruff. Rubbish.

Posted

Blizzard conditions for the Brummies to the south and the Mancs to the north - and here I am bang in the middle with mist and dripping gutters indicating a thaw....cc_confused.gif

No snow since the 3mm at breakfast time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Well, perhaps a brave (or stupid call), but for the 'Snowless Triangle' commonly known as South and Central Derbyshire, South and Central Notts, and Central and North Leics (I might even include North Warks in this), I am stuggling to see us getting any heavy ppn.

The band up North looks like moving more west with the band to the south not making it this far north.

I may be pesimisstic about this, but just see is stuck in a relatively snowless movement, and when the low starts moving north, it doesn't quite make it.

*Goes searching to see if the clever Polar Continental is about*

laugh.gif hey can I come on your quest for Polar Continental?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Oh shat ap you tart :)

Sorry Andy, but I'm bored....I'm up to 146 flakes counted now, and I'm losing interest....NW member baiting is much more fun...perhaps I should have an interaction with the 'South East NO SNOW' thread again...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Maybe the repairs weren't good enough... blink.gif However, it's is the lightest of snow with the consistency of dandruff. Rubbish.

lol!! Yeah it was not even worthy of being called Tesco snow, its more like Netto snow- or shnizel for that matter. I think I counted 7 flakes of pathetic dust. Now nothing again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

I could be imagining this but... It looks like the band over the Midlands and the band over Yorkshire are joining up bit by bit blink.gif

Yes! acute.gif It`s not just me!! Didn`t want to post such a stupid thought,whistling.gif but yer somethings wierd???unknw.gif

Posted

Im in shenstone, surely itll be coming to me soooooon?

Why does that chick in your avatar look like she's about to puke down your neck? Is she sick of having no snow :drunk:

Posted

GFS12z trickling out now....Looking very good in the short-term for all of the Midlands region....Sporadic snow overnight (depending where you live) with a very nice wrap-around area of snow tomorrow morning! :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Moderate snow just started falling here (big flakes) :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sky looks absoloutely full of snow right now. Mainly light for now. Things will get more interesting after 6pm with the wrost between then and 3am probably!

Posted

Oh my.

Precipitiation = increasing.

Snowflake size = increasing.

My heart rate = probably increasing.

Might this be the flurry we were looking for? :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Precip is now turning back to head towards - and beefing up a bit. Now whether it'll make it here and how much will be left....