Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 15

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

well its -5.1*c in Ayr at present never got up above -2 today got 2 inches of snow overnight and went sledging to the golf course at lunchtime hope the snow moving south currently doesnt run out of steam before it gets to us , its certainly heading south west at present , weve had snow/ice!!! lying since the 19th december :cold:

expecting -10 even here at the coast tonight :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just had a call from my daughter. She's stuck at Dalwhinnie on the train!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Watching that red blob slowly move closer, fingers crossed we might get some snow showers tonight!!!!

Looks like something is brewing off the Norwegian coast?

http://www.sat24.com/

Looks like that band of showers to the far North is coming our way :-)

I have been keeping an eye on that one too. Nothing too organised at the moment although it does look interesting.

Just as a relief to anyone who thinks I've been going on about polar lows for ever and ever, the conditions necessary for polar low formation are going to turn away from favourable as the very cold upper airs move away. By Friday there is no chance of a proper polar low forming as the upper air (500 level) is just far too warm:

In the meantime, however, the cloud off Norway does look very nice, let's just hope it starts circulating a lot more than it is doing already :unknw:

Posted

In the meantime, however, the cloud off Norway does look very nice, let's just hope it starts circulating a lot more than it is doing already good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

WTF? Dewpoint's just plummeted to -6C, the lowest I've seen. Temp's going up steadily as it does with the warmth of the sea, now 3C. Goodbye snow...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Just had a call from my daughter. She's stuck at Dalwhinnie on the train!

Where is she going? No replacement buses between Aviemore and Inverness because the A9 is closed.

Inverness to Aberdeen line closed as well. Just how bad is it up there?!

Posted

Hi guys, what a day.

We got to ullapool just about last night to get the crossing this morning to lewis... got up, another 5 inches in ullapool and calmac canceled the sailing due to snowfall in the minch!!! couldnt believe it, so spent the day travelling back to argyll through blizzards, drifts the whole shouting match!!

just home now having battled through heavy snow on the A82 all the way from glencoe village to just south of Crianlarich.

Not much snow here in Garelochhead though..

sorry you didnt get over

read your post last night and wondered if you were going to lewis as i new ferry was not running about 11 last night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Where is she going? No replacement buses between Aviemore and Inverness because the A9 is closed.

Inverness to Aberdeen line closed as well. Just how bad is it up there?!

She's coming home to Sneckie...I told her that the snow should lessen??? :yahoo::yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just started snowing here. :yahoo:

Look at the radar!! It's like a full frontal assault on the whole of the UK and Ireland. Several places are going to get a pasting tonight. Shovels on stand-by.

Posted

She's coming home to Sneckie...I told her that the snow should lessen??? :drunk::good:

Listening to Moray Firth, it sounds mayhem down with you.

Maybe its not so bad having no snow.

I hope your daughter gets home sooner rather than later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

:drunk:

Should be on its way across to Fife now. Blowing about a bit too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Just started snowing here. rolleyes.gif

Looks like more to come behind that, possibly a Dundee/Fife/west Edinburgh streamer coming up!

Posted

Looks like more to come behind that, possibly a Dundee/Fife/west Edinburgh streamer coming up!

:D

Here's hoping.

Posted

Ah thats what snow looks like.................snowing here tooyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif