Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 15

Posted

>>How bad?

pretty bad considering all those traffic cams show major routes, I know the A9 is closed at various points, the A96 is not much better.

The temp after that last "shower" which left another 2cm at 4:30 has dropped very quickly and the wind is picking up just as quickly so the snow now has nowhere to go except blow!

Just been and cleared our road for the 4th time today, so a neighbour could get home.. everyone else stayed at home today - very unusual as we usually manage to get everyone out and home again, just plain different from the "usual" no matter which you look at it :unsure:

All Aberdeenshire schools closed again tomorrow : http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/closures/index.asp

Alford friends reporting 50cm+ this am.

.. even employers that would normally expect staff to make an effort to get to work have given staff extra days off.. not sure how the main roads are around here today as I never got out to see them, but by all accounts people were doing the sensible thing and staying off the roads where possible!

any more expected for up here Moray, Huntly, Alford?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

BLIZZARD

Yess! All you Fifers, remember that the showers are coming directly southwest from Dundee, so the above is a very good omen. Hopefully they will pep up further over the Tay. The very slightly east of NEsterly appears to be about to deliver for much of east central....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Just checked light snow here, after this band don't think the showers coming off the North Sea will head this far, they seem to be heading into fife cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Loving the vaiety

Got some snow with a label saying please deliver to glasgow written on it...

steady snow in garelochhead (just north of helensburgh)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Listening to Moray Firth, it sounds mayhem down with you.

Maybe its not so bad having no snow.

I hope your daughter gets home sooner rather than later.

Thanks WW...She's in a train (or a bus?). So, hopefully, it'll be warm enough. She hates the snow; so obviously, doesn't take after the old codger!!!

Posted

Meanwhile, in the tundra wastelands down here, it's bone chilling cold with no snow in sight..yet

From Scotrail:

Services between Inverness and Aberdeen are currently suspended due to the inclement weather, and no alternative transport is available.

The rail replacement bus service between Inverness and Aviemore is also no longer operational due to snow blocking the A9.

Services to and from Inverness are currently terminating at Perth. No alternative transport available between Perth and Inverness.

Edited by Mondy

Posted

Yess! All you Fifers, remember that the showers are coming directly southwest from Dundee, so the above is a very good omen. Hopefully they will pep up further over the Tay. The very slightly east of NEsterly appears to be about to deliver for much of east central....

Looks on the radar to tail out for a long way. Just hope we have enough east to keep it comming. could be a major fall about to happen,.

Got some snow with a label saying please deliver to glasgow written on it...

steady snow in garelochhead (just north of helensburgh)

What's good for you is good for me. I'm only about 15 miles from you in a straight line (roughly)!!! About 100 miles by road :(

Posted

BLIZZARD

Enjoy! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Wow - look at the traffic cams for the A68 through the borders

Insane down there right now

http://www.trafficsc.../lev/index.aspx

Yes, it most certainly is. We've had another 3 cms in an hour or so. Pelting down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Should be hitting you soon ? You standing at the lamp-post yet ??? :(

What's good for you is good for me. I'm only about 15 miles from you in a straight line (roughly)!!! About 100 miles by road :lol:

Posted

Should be hitting you soon ? You standing at the lamp-post yet ??? biggrin.gif

I can bearly see the lamp-posts..........rofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

oh my CMD it looks like that shower has intensified as its passed by me!! looks much bigger on the radar now. enjoy!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Why does SE Ingerlund warrant a red meto warning.

The spey valley is all but cut off by road with the main rail lines shut and it just warrants orange.

I suggest they use blue for the very highest level of warning in Scotland.

Posted
Services between Inverness and Aberdeen are currently suspended due to the inclement weather, and no alternative transport is available.

The rail replacement bus service between Inverness and Aviemore is also no longer operational due to snow blocking the A9.

Services to and from Inverness are currently terminating at Perth. No alternative transport available between Perth and Inverness.

so how does it feel to officially cut off you guys :hi:

doesn't look like your daughter will get home tonight Pete? Has she got somewhere warm/safe to go ? Hope all is OK!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Radar sugests it will hit here fingers crossed, thinking half six?

Yeah, appears to have started at Tayport but not quite here yet. I'm thinking six here. There does appear to be a long line of these showers heading towards Dundee then us though.

Posted

The spey valley is all but cut off by road with the main rail lines shut and it just warrants orange.

My thoughts exactly.. but just how much would it take to get to blue when it can't even get to red ?:o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

At the risk of starting a political fight, could we avoid blue?

Besides, it's not that bad is it? A balmy 4C here, I was thinking of taking a dip in the firth. What? Oh, I'm told it's iced over...

Posted

Yeah, appears to have started at Tayport but not quite here yet. I'm thinking six here. There does appear to be a long line of these showers heading towards Dundee then us though.

What is the most likely wind direction for the next 12-24 hrs? Some where between NE and ENE?

Posted

Looking at the radar, it looks like the Glasgow area might get another dumping of snow?

Good chance c00kie its not long grazed by me here just to the north of you so all being well should hit u full on!:drinks: