Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 15

Posted

Saw that on Riporting ScutIond too! :unknw:

WiII occur IF that wond backs to th...uhh...th...you know what I want to say!!! :(

I want my 26 Iutturs back pronto!!!! :(

˙ooʇ ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʇɥƃnoq ı

Edinburgh are getting the special even treatment now that's for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

˙ooʇ ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʇɥƃnoq ı

Edinburgh are getting the special even treatment now that's for sure.

Are you getting this annoying fine snow at the moment?

Posted

Looks like a possible streamer event might start up just off the coast of Montrose, picking up convection quickly from the band hitting edinburgh. Looks like the bands behind that one are moving more west now, so maybe some action for Dundee and us later on.

If it starts moving in a westerly direction then maybe even Aberdeen could see some snow activity. The main bands are agonizingly close to the coast but seemingly just out of range in the current setup.

Meanwhile, the occasional fluffy clouds we are getting are actually blowing in from the east!

Windy in Aberdeen and still just below freezing. Quite impressive for us.

Posted

Are you getting this annoying fine snow at the moment?

No, although there are a few snow grains stuck to my window (slanted). There is a dot on the radar right over your house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

seems to be clear here now also. Where is the stuff in the North Sea going?

post-4999-12627237610352_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Is it me or is that band from the N Sea moving south?

Cant see anything upstream for Embra now on the radar and skies are clearing

Hate to say I told you sowhistling.gif ... no really, I do, because it means we're not getting more snow from the band either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Think the show is over here. Snow stopped a while back. Cloud has lifted out (can easily see well into Fife) and left with cloudy skys and breeze. Radar movement is now a bit less like ENE/NE and more like NNE. Unless anything changes then it could be game over for Dundee/Fife/Embra for further snow - maybe more to come in East Lothian

Maybe 1-2cms fell here at Leith street level. If I was out and about though (and I have no intention of going out !) , I'd expect there may be some tree drip underway quite soon. Surface cold intact though so has improved sledging conditions for the youngster. Things might change but I think thats it for tonight here.

Edit: the whole thing was geographically marginal enough to split tEdinburgh into West (little or nothing) v's Central/East part of town (got plastered in various areas).

Edited by by-tor

Posted

seems to be clear here now also. Where is the stuff in the North Sea going?

South. It's now a case of starting again after the band has passed. Flow will be more easterly for showers as this band appears to have moved with the isobars southwards. The NMM was right again. However, it doesn't pick up convective showers very well, so there's still hope for overnight.

LS

Posted

Think the show is over here. Snow stopped a while back. Cloud has lifted out (can easily see well into Fife) and left with cloudy skys and breeze. Radar movement is now a bit less like ENE/NE and more like NNE. Unless anything changes then it could be game over for Dundee/Fife/Embra for further snow - maybe more to come in East Lothian

Maybe 1-2cms fell here at Leith street level. If I was out and about though (and I have no intention of going out !) , I'd expect there may be some tree drip underway quite soon. Surface cold intact though so has improved sledging conditions for the youngster. Things might change but I think thats it for tonight here.

Yep, looks like the borders will get a lot mind you

Also the air temp is going up now. Was -1c whilst snowing, has risen to -0.3c in about 20 mins so all the 2-3 cms we have here on the cars etc may well melt before morning

Posted

Air temperature here back down to 0.1C now. Maybe more showers?

Rukm181.gif

Looks ENEsterly till morning.

Posted

Think it depends on the car Joe. Anything driven today, the residual heat will clear it. Anything undriven from the last few days though could hang onto it. Long since stopped bothering about whether it hangs about onto cars, trees or roofs. If it sticks to the ground - and its going precisely nowhere in this spell - then job done !

Yep, looks like the borders will get a lot mind you

Also the air temp is going up now. Was -1c whilst snowing, has risen to -0.3c in about 20 mins so all the 2-3 cms we have here on the cars etc may well melt before morning

Edited by by-tor

Posted

Ohh now that would be good Ls

oh that would be good LS

I think we have a sporting chance of snow after midnight tonight, with more convection showers developing. Just another 3 inches or so to close the school, please???

Posted

sat24 look good for showers into Fife, Lothian and Borders! Some nice showers sliding down by Shetland too with a huge corridor of clear air...albeit, still looks like guite a strong NE

Posted

Ohh now that would be good Ls

oh that would be good LS

<BR>Ohh now that would be good Ls<BR><BR>oh that would be good LS<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>I think we have a sporting chance of snow after midnight tonight, with more convection showers developing. Just another 3 inches or so to close the school, please???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

snow is off here too! still looks like some on radar but it may go further down into e' lothian/ borders.

Posted

Mondy, LS.. see the sat pics, well if you look at OSLO and replay your favourite feed back, or just watch sat24/scan for the last 3 hour loop, there is something coming out from Oslo heading East, and it seems to be "undercutting" or pushing against the ENE flow.. I think I remember that it was a feed from precisely the same place that set up the convection which lead to the "Tay/Clyde streamer".. what you think is this the easterly push onto coastal areas that progged to happen around 3am?

Edited by Snooz

Posted

Maybe ENE later LS (we have to hope) but seems resolutely more like NNE currently. Frustrating as they're all queued up in the sea from Aberdeen southwards.

Just replaying the radar and looking for indications, it looks to be moving just slightly away - or at best parallel to - the coast from Aberdeen southwards. East Lothian will still get more stuff ... but right now from a nowcast perspective its not happening.

Air temperature here back down to 0.1C now. Maybe more showers?

Rukm181.gif

Looks ENEsterly till morning.