Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 15

Posted

Light snow just stopped here in Irvine.. think it will be an evening of lampost watching !! Off to Peebles on friday for the weekend cheap hotel deal for Barony Castle couldnt have timed it better.. whats the snow depth like over there anyone..?

Edited by jellybaby1969

Posted

West-East split in Embra just now - east side getting pasted as the trafficcams testify, clearer on the west side of town.

Plenty falling here in Leith improving the local ski-ing conditions :whistling:

Looking at the radars this could be on/off for hours potentially as plenty more showers behind in the N Sea

i am bored, i need some snow to watch on the radar (snow thats comeing here) anyone think there will be more coming later?

Not sure!!

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Looking at the radars this could be on/off for hours potentially as plenty more showers behind in the N Sea

That's what I thought, but then the band moved south and abandoned me.

Posted

Light snow just stopped here in Irvine.. think it will be an evening of lampost watching !! Off to Peebles on friday for the weekend cheap hotel deal for Barony Castle couldnt have timed it better.. whats the snow depth like over there anyone..?

My parents stay in Peebles : over 30cms there now and being severely topped up just now.

As for the east/west Lothian split : no snow here in S Queensferry - watching the clouds barrelling towards the city !!!

Posted

I'm not exactly sure about Peebles but here in West Linton(12 miles away) theres a foot of level snow with more falling so theres got to be quite a few inches in Peebles.

Hope this is useful

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Looks like a possible streamer event might start up just off the coast of Montrose, picking up convection quickly from the band hitting edinburgh. Looks like the bands behind that one are moving more west now, so maybe some action for Dundee and us later on.

Posted

That's what I thought, but then the band moved south and abandoned me.

Sorry - think weve stolen it !

Edinburgh taking a hammering right now - and looks like a continual line of ppn right back to the mouth of the forth

Posted

LS, let me know if it looks to be getting close and I shall scan the sky, lamp-posts , evertything I can find if it starts to look up. wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Posted

LS, let me know if it looks to be getting close and I shall scan the sky, lamp-posts , evertything I can find if it starts to look up. wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

The radar is beginning to show signs of hope for us, with the bands further north moving towards us. Hopefully overnight will be much better.

Posted

Cheers folks.. think i am going to take the scenic route across country (Mrs dont know that yet) and enjoy the views. Peebles is a great little town good pubs n great folks, puts the west coast to shame.. plus 30cm or snow getting topped up as we speak will make for a great weekend..!!!

Posted

Good uvining, trust you ar aII woII! :acute:

No snow in ABD(!!! :lol: ) today, Iook as if Udinburgh in for a pasting judging by what's coming in from offshor... :acute:

(GODDAMMITT!!!!!)

Heard of people dropping the "H's" but dropping their "E's" no never!!!! :D:rofl::D

Posted

Reporting Scotland were showing heavy coastal snow from about ellon to edinburgh during tonight and especially thursday with very low maximums!!

Posted

Very fine rain-like snow falling here. Won't damage snowcover but sadly won't accumulate to much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Loving the vaiety

perfectly clear here now this evening with temps dropping sub zero again... it does however seem to be getting very blowy out there

Posted

Sorry - think weve stolen it !

Edinburgh taking a hammering right now - and looks like a continual line of ppn right back to the mouth of the forth

Very marginal though, wind picked up and so has temperature, higher elevations must be really bad

Posted

Saw that on Riporting ScutIond too! :lol:

WiII occur IF that wond backs to th...uhh...th...you know what I want to say!!! :D

I want my 26 Iutturs back pronto!!!! :D

E-E-East? LOL!!

(did you try the ALT+101 thing for fan you'r' d'sp'rat'?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

The whole thing is just fractionally on the marginal side of OK here (ie just on the right side), but then again this is Leith with nothing between us and Norway to the NE (apart from the SE tip of Fife). I think we have maybe another 1cm here ... its been moderate at times rather than intense. And this hasn't been convective stuff, its definitely coming from some kind of feature.

South and east of us though it been whiteout time on the edge of town.

Very fine rain-like snow falling here. Won't damage snowcover but sadly won't accumulate to much.