Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 15

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

First flakes blowing around here.

Posted

Why does SE Ingerlund warrant a red meto warning.

The spey valley is all but cut off by road with the main rail lines shut and it just warrants orange.

I suggest they use blue for the very highest level of warning in Scotland.

I dunno, so I emailed them to ask why. I also mentioned did they realise pretty much northern mainland Scotland is cut-off to the outside world. I shall let you know IF they reply..

Posted

Radar suggests we may get more snow tonight, awesome! I'm recording -7.3c as well at the moment.

Prestwick also -7c at 5:20PM, that must be some sort of record for there?

Light snow here!!! From Inverness this time. Now that's a record I think. I certainly don't ever remember seeing snow cross the whole of the mountain ranges from Inverness to south of the Clyde!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

LS you never know, school might just be closed tomorrow!

Warmest its been all day, temp now 0.0.....DP -3.2

I know,I think mine has a good chance as it's about 8 miles northeast of here so will probably get more snow than here! Quite heavy now, temperature a balmy 0.4C, but I doubt it'll be marginal at any point due to uppers around -8 and the track having a fair bit of land to cover.

Posted

I dunno, so I emailed them to ask why. I also mentioned did they realise pretty much northern mainland Scotland is cut-off to the outside world. I shall let you know IF they reply..

You flirting with the naughty step again Mondes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Ha ha,

They'll probably ask you where Scotland is exactly, is that part of northern England?

Kind of like when you phone up Bangalore when your broadband connection is down.

Posted

Brilliant! Really heavy here now, lying on the roads as well. If this keeps up for even half the night, schools will probably be closed here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Oh hell - that's water off a ducks back, is that :ph34r:

It's a simple question and I await the reply :cold:

Till hell freezes...

Heavy snow out the kitchen window. Heavy snow looking right (north) out the living room window. Starry starry night looking left (south) out the living room window. Precip seems to be intensifying!!?

c00kie, it may well reach you later.

Posted

If schools are closed, bin collections are halted, office workers staying at home, buses off, trains cancelled, wtf am I still delivering in highly dangerous walking environments? I can't even get to the loo :) Pfft

Posted

Update - the snow has totally covered the road already, with the flakes getting bigger and the visibility decreasing all the time. Looks like more on the radar too, with the wind changing to slightly more of an easterly than it already is in the next 2 hours.

Posted

Somewhere is going to be in for a very special night tonight with that nice North-South shower band.

There is a temporary blizzard here as the snow passes on the way to LS's snow attactor.

Do you go to Bell-Baxter LS?

Excellent pictures of the Tay at Dundee, and you lot all thought I was telling fibs this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Continuous white out here and -1 C.

We're right in the middle of the streamer type thing running NE-SW down the east coast.

Prawn cracker style flakes. If this keeps up, we'll hit the 50 cm total mark before the night is out.ohmy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

still dry here at the mo! waiting ......not very patiently! lol :cc_confused:

Posted

Oh hell - that's water off a ducks back, is that :D

It's a simple question and I await the reply :D

hehe.. just don't hold your breath while you're waiting :cc_confused:

Posted

Somewhere is going to be in for a very special night tonight with that nice North-South shower band.

There is a temporary blizzard here as the snow passes on the way to LS's snow attactor.

Do you go to Bell-Baxter LS?

Excellent pictures of the Tay at Dundee, and you lot all thought I was telling fibs this morning!

I do indeed. Looks like the showers are going to track more from east to west now, which means we're looking quids in tonight!

LS