Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Anyone in the area surrounding Dartmoor: I would advise against attempting to drive up here in 2 wheel drive cars. At best you will block essential vehicles getting up where needed and at worst end up at the bottom of a hill. So take care.

Posted

The snow streamers from the eastcoast are really packing in sronger than anticipated and much further west, helped by the low and instability.

These might expand to some parts yet.

Snow over dorset still going so at least 1-2 hrs left for south dorset.

Posted

Snowing heavier now and wind picking up.

I would agree with Matt about going up to Dartmoor etc. Some guys in 4 x 4's got stopped by some stranded 2 wheel drives going up to the Blackdown hills.

Posted

Well, I don't know about Weymouth as I'm currently at work in Wareham but the snow has arrived

and is pepping up nicely.

At least I've SEEN snow this winter! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Still looking good for a little more dogs :D

Posted

Well, I don't know about Weymouth as I'm currently at work in Wareham but the snow has arrived

and is pepping up nicely.

At least I've SEEN snow this winter! biggrin.gif

Just popped outside 5/6 inches, still snowing very heavy with a strong wind, getting to the same levels in Shaftesbury as the great week of Feb 2009, but it snowed like this for four days on the trot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Snowing heavier now and wind picking up.

I would agree with Matt about going up to Dartmoor etc. Some guys in 4 x 4's got stopped by some stranded 2 wheel drives going up to the Blackdown hills.

Blow it this way! :D Snowing lightly here but looking pretty thick with it in the clouds all around.

Everywhere is very white out, and in places (back garden) the snow is a good 5inches deep. On the roads its fallen on to the snow that froze yesterday evening... not much fun.

Posted

Well the last lot of snow for a few days heading this way now, should be here within the next hour - a very memorable 24 hours

Hopefully we can see a repeat performance on sunday if the FAX's are anything to go by...

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Some good snowfalls in Weston last night & this morning, the likes not seen since the 80's.

Tried & couldn't get into work this morning mostly down to not being able to drive the car up any inclines. Lorries & buses not going anywhere due to lack of grip on the slippery surfaces.

Temp has stayed around 0.5c for nearly 15hrs.

Must be at least 4-5 inches

Posted

Nice Sat Loop Image of the South's favourite system - will be remembered for a long time by many smile.gif

http://www.sat24.com...xas=220&yas=220

Will this 'arc' become more famous than Noah's Ark??rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Are we due any more snow today?

Posted

still snowing here ,in fact harder than ever if it carries on like this could even have blizzard like conditions,yep the other side of town has just dissappeared

Posted

Anyone in the area surrounding Dartmoor: I would advise against attempting to drive up here in 2 wheel drive cars. At best you will block essential vehicles getting up where needed and at worst end up at the bottom of a hill. So take care.

I agree with this, not that anyone will listen though. I was having to avoid two wheel drive cars yesterday and it was a pain.

Still snowing here and wind blowing well too.

Temp -1.5C

Jase

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Still snowing ,and skies look heavy still.I think it's supposed to clear up a bit this afternoon but then freeze later on and throughout the night.

I love the snow but do worry when it turns icy.I really hope the schools are shut tomorrow tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Well the last lot of snow for a few days heading this way now, should be here within the next hour - a very memorable 24 hours

Hopefully we can see a repeat performance on sunday if the FAX's are anything to go by...

SK

"Sunday" Ive heared people talk about this, But nothing else is showing anything apart from fax at the moment.

Still. Its far away, so i wont even look now until at least friday.

Fyi: roads are deadly around abbeymead.. On my way to work i stopped at the lights and as the double decker bus on the other lane started to move, its back end swing out into my lane!! I thought i was a goner.

Posted

Snowed early morning here in Frome very heavy, then stopped before 6.30am, started snowing again lightly at 8.30ish and has again stopped.