Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Just started snowing here again in N.Dorset, moderate I would say atm. I can't see it not getting to Blandford and Wimborne tbh.

Now you wouldn't be leading a poor Dorset girl on now would you? :whistling:

Hope for us yet then Karen !

Well looking at the netweather radar it appears that the band of precipitation might be heading this way,but knowing our luck it would probably fall as rain!My daughter was really cross that she had to go to school and that it wasn't cancelled.She says she will never trust the forecast again!

Your daughter isn't the only one. I certainly won't be relying on the forecasts until two hours before the event in future. It is my fault, I should start to learn to read the charts myself and stop relying on other peoples' opinion.

Posted

Good Morning everyone - great to wake up to a snow wonderland - must be at least 3 inches of snow here and still snowing ! Woohooooooooo !

Did Leon and Tim get their wish? Does Bristol finally have snow too?

Fiona

Posted

snowing heavily here again, looking at radar we are going to get quite abit, kids and dog love it :yahoo::clap:

Posted

Which radar you looking at? Met office?

hi , looking at netweathers radar, and we are in the pink lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Snowing really quite heavily here now, blowing nicely in the wind, if only the flakes were bigger...

Hubby just gone to work, can't see that he'll be gone for too long as route includes up and over Beacon Hill, usually drifts nicely up there.

Posted

Radar indicating it's starting its southerly tilt - reckon this will clear BTL within next hour or so, unless something happens to the system.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Better quality of snow though Matt than Feb 09 here. Very low water content - almost powdery. Made a lovely crunching sound as i walked across the village green and thru' the churchyard this morn on way into work.

Still snowing here. Fine stuff, but driving in the wind. Luverly!drinks.gif

EDIT: Reckon the depth could get up to 6 inches in next hour.

It was pretty powdery here in Feb and definately not the wet stuff, but yup, this is good quality too!

Looks like S' Devon could get more today as the band currently over a line from Plymouth to Oke and then over to Bristol swings South and West. :rolleyes:

Long Range on the local forecast going for more snow Sat/Sun as the winds swing to a direct Easterly picking up moisture over the English channel!

Posted

Is Ilminster due to go pink...???????? Are we anywhere close :rolleyes:

hi what is your postcode and i will have a look

Posted

TA19 9DB..... Thanks! :D

hi, you are right on edge, should get some snow soon (fingers crossed)

im sending you some of ours!!! still snowing heavily

Edited by kerensa265

Posted

Well looking at the netweather radar it appears that the band of precipitation might be heading this way,but knowing our luck it would probably fall as rain!My daughter was really cross that she had to go to school and that it wasn't cancelled.She says she will never trust the forecast again!

Amy - my daughter was livid she's had to go to school too. Not a happy bunny at all. My neice isn't at school today (Warminster) so it's rubbed salt in the wounds which didn't help. I'm hoping we might still get to see some. Will be watching this thread all day in hope.

Edited by Karen Ann

Posted

I'll cross everything .....lets hope is all sinks over us for a few hours.

the wind has picked up here so blowing it your way lol

Posted

I notice a band of snow moving south west from the north east. Is this likely to give more snow to the midlands and sw later. It seems to be pepping up as well! :D

Posted

:D The grass is still nicely green here in Dorset! I dont think a single flake has fallen in the last 12 hours!. I think its fair to say most forecasts got it badly wrong for Dorset!. All the hype again!.

Looks like the precip all around us now though on the radar is heading for us!.

Sorry for all the moaning but being the only county in the country to not see snow yet in the last few weeks, you must be able to understand our frustration!!!!!?

Posted

the wind has picked up here so blowing it your way lol

:D Bring it on.. happy with what we got (2-3"), but always want MORE!

Edited by NickSomerset

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

WOW! Just woken up and it's incredible here, we have a good 5 inches of snow which is the deepest I've seen it. I've always wanted snow so that you can't see the curb and it's finally arrived! Still snowing too... :D

Posted

Amy - my daughter was livid. Not a happy bunny at all.

I was too after all the hype about Dorset getting upto 1 Foot of snow over night! - We must be the Only county to not get any snow whatsoever now! - Frustrating! - Lets hope that all this precip heading for us now brings something other than the usual rain! :D

Posted

:yahoo: The grass is still nicely green here in Dorset! I dont think a single flake has fallen in the last 12 hours!. I think its fair to say most forecasts got it badly wrong for Dorset!. All the hype again!.

Looks like the precip all around us now though on the radar is heading for us!.

Sorry for all the moaning but being the only county in the country to not see snow yet in the last few weeks, you must be able to understand our frustration!!!!!?

i feel your frustration as well however the band shows it 'might' be coming this way and the gfs 00z shows it sticking around. maybe all is not lost?? :)

Posted

Some parts of Dorset have definately got snow(sorry if the south haven't :yahoo: ), It's snowing very heavily hear now in N.Dorset and is already covering the ground where the snow has been removed once this morning.

Just been outside had a snowball fight with the kids(school cancelled) and will take them sledging later.

Shaftesbury and Gillingham have been heavily hit etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

The band is sinking south, just started snowing heavily again. Perhaps Dorset may see some snow if the band continues south?