Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

We have a good 5 -6 inches now, although I will be out to get more accurate measurements. Looking at the latest radar thatr seems to be about it for Gloucester, but looking good for those of you south of here :cold:

Posted

Not exactly for some areas.

This was due to the LP being further east, as shown on the GFS Tuesday morning.

I was accused of bringing bad news by 'Iceburg', but due to this areas such as Dorset missed out.

We've not missed out yet Some major roads in dorset are down to single track, schools closed I've had a nice covering and the precip is prepping up which is due to move over Dorset in the next few hours. I am confident I'll see a coupld more inchs yet, even the south will see abit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Oh well, no work today, Devon County Council are saying they will only be keeping major roads open today... so thats about 3 then rolleyes.gif

Edit: just seen Aspires post... further east? Maybe, but it was also further west (go figure)

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

lol worth staying up last night/morning. Lovely amount in Clevedon. University closed so paid leave wohooo!!!

http://www.uwe.ac.uk/

Edit: I'm tired!!!

Tim, it was wasn't it! And it keeps coming.

(I'm at UWE too! - yes! Paid Snow Day - Awesome)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

We've not missed out yet Some major roads in dorset are down to single track, schools closed I've had a nice covering and the precip is prepping up which is due to move over Dorset in the next few hours. I am confident I'll see a coupld more inchs yet, even the south will see abit.

When you say the South, do you mean my area? If so, what leads you to believe this? (She asks in a hopeful tone). :wallbash::cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning smiley people, we've got 4-5 inches here, still snowing lightly - is it set to continue?

My 12mth old cocker spaniel is playing in his first proper snow, think it's safe to say he LOVES it!

Posted

Well i must of feel asleep minits before this happened loads out there and still snowing.

Posted

Well i must of feel asleep minits before this happened loads out there and still snowing.

had to ditch the car here in bristol fishponds area just couldent get it bk up the hill sliding all over the place nearly hitting parked cars so i left it where it was must be agood 5 inches on the ground here :unsure:

Posted

When you say the South, do you mean my area? If so, what leads you to believe this? (She asks in a hopeful tone). :unsure: :crazy:

Just started snowing here again in N.Dorset, moderate I would say atm. I can't see it not getting to Blandford and Wimborne tbh.

Posted

Still snowing here in Weston. I've just had to dig my chickens out lol :wub: They're not keen on coming out of their house bless 'em. Hubby is working from home today and our son is walking to work seeing as the buses are cancelled (thanks to previous poster for that info.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Interesting the BBC are going for snow through the weekend for Devon as well, so by extension I assume places N and E of here.

Posted

So did you get a foot? - we got around 4 inches here not bad tbh.

6-8inches

foot of hill measured around 10 inche's -ish....so up on the hills got to be 1ft++

slight drifting in a few places towards hill

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Wooo hooo!!! Snoooow daay!! This is amazing, and more to come! I'm 28 but I'm acting 7 ...oops

Posted

Got a good inch here now and its looks like a winter woderland everythings covered in it.

Stopped snowing here now..edit its just started again but very lightly, hopefully will have so more in the next hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Good to see y'all having some of the White Stuff, guys... :wub: :wub: :lol: :good: :good:

My inner child is feeling very happy, the now! :cold: :cold: :lol: :lol: :wub:

Posted

Jackpot!

3-4inches over night, still snowing and Spotlight going for heavy snow today, showers tomorrow and heavy snow showers Friday and Saturday! I'll take that.

Roads closed, flights suspended from Exeter, Plymouth and Newquay.

Still not as much as Feb 09...so far. yahoo.gif

Better quality of snow though Matt than Feb 09 here. Very low water content - almost powdery. Made a lovely crunching sound as i walked across the village green and thru' the churchyard this morn on way into work.

Still snowing here. Fine stuff, but driving in the wind. Luverly!drinks.gif

EDIT: Reckon the depth could get up to 6 inches in next hour.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Well looking at the netweather radar it appears that the band of precipitation might be heading this way,but knowing our luck it would probably fall as rain!My daughter was really cross that she had to go to school and that it wasn't cancelled.She says she will never trust the forecast again!