Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

GFS falling more into line with ECM/UKMO at the T+96 range on its latest run- big precipitation upgrades for East Anglia and the southeast (and by no means exclusively for this area of the country, either). Plenty of organised shower activity, perhaps longer outbreaks of snow, could be expected on an ENE'ly with that kind of trajectory.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Hi Dad, so this is where you get all your info from eh? its slowed right down here now, whats the chances of us having more tonight? off to work in next hour and worried about getting snowed in.

Posted

your bang on about temps kold. Dropped below freezing now. A mammouth 2.5c drop in 45 mins. Wind really blowing it almost horizontal now. Im gutted for you mate. You deserve a slice of this for your spot on calls, last 24hrs.

I probably will end up with about 1cm from this, which is pretty much what I was thinking would be the tops for this region earlier (I said between 0.5-1cm here) just a shame this region was that bit more marginal, the timing of the front was pretty rubbish though for this region, a few hours later and it'd have been all settling snow I'm sure.

You guys in SE Essex are getting lucky, the band is somewhat back-building over you guys right now.

Posted

Unbelievable, heavier and bigger flakes again........Really does look fantastic out in garden and

around Excel and the Thames......Hammer asked the question...does The Thames actually generate precip

or pep it up at all?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

Looking at the NW radar for SS2, it looks good for at least another hour I would say, and if it stays in the yellow's I am sure you'll be pleased. I guess over in Kent say somewhere like Gravsend might benefit even more.

Fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Can understand why some (Sky etc.) are concerned

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs753.gif

If that moved East then shok.gif

That is incredible blink.gif

Maybe that is the ppn the TWS has mentioned in his post below. If that heads east then he is right - it won't be confined to just south east... wow drunk.gif

Posted

:whistling: made a cuppa, looked out of window and its pratically stopped already, looking at the radar it seems to be decaying.

regards,

Steve ( Leigh-on-Sea )

Posted

Tonight will see the snow streamers setting up on the NE winds but sunday things realy get interesting... http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess= as long as the winds stay from the east we will get a continuous heavy snow belt over the whole of south UK! Can't wait to see what the totals may be by this time next wek considering there will be litlle in the way of a thaw!

Posted

Complete and utter white out at Bexleyheath - has been heavy for a good hour or more. Old footsteps are now covered and it really quite a nice thick layer (well, around 4-5 cms!)

Posted

Snowfall still falling...

I wonder how much snowfall I'd have got today if it all settled, probably at least double what I've got now would be the answer I suppose!

Saturday-Sunday looks interesting, messy with a big precip field however the GFS maybe overdoing that somewhat, esp as it has a biases of over-doing the size of weak precip.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

coming up to nearly 24 hours of continuous snowfall here and still going strongly with big flakes coming down - this is the most we've had round these parts for well over 20 years! Amazing stuff!

Posted

TOTAL BLIZZARD BEXLEYHEATH drinks.gif

S

and Woolwich! drinks.gif

Can i just say that it is really nice to see so many people posting here. am a bit of an old timer for NW and its good to see so many people from the SE area who have either joined recently or have come back after a break. thanks for all the posts and well done to you all clap.gif

:whistling:

Posted

Tonight will see the snow streamers setting up on the NE winds but sunday things realy get interesting... http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess= as long as the winds stay from the east we will get a continuous heavy snow belt over the whole of south UK! Can't wait to see what the totals may be by this time next wek considering there will be litlle in the way of a thaw!

Tim get your eyes on Friday first. :whistling:

Posted

Both GEM(DWD) and GFS in favour of the holy grail for us this weekend.

ECM normally in agreement with GEM.

Looking interesing and that is before tomorrow's dump from the NE!