Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I think I'm about to see my first snow here since around 9 am. Instead of fizzling after it made landfall as most of the rest have done, this shower has pepped up and I'm now watching the heavy cloud, tinted orangey/pink, out of the north-facing window of the room I'm in. :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

What a beautiful sky outside , lovely pinky orange !

Posted

Must be a N wind in the mouth of the Estuary, as that shower definitely turned from a SW to more of a SSW heading, right at the last minute :lol:

Edit: Loool, yep XC Weather confirms this. What a pish take. Good for N Kent though :lol:

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Must be a N wind in the mouth of the Estuary, as that shower definitely turned from a SW to more of a SSW heading, right at the last minute :lol:

LeighShrimper , Wind is currently North over Southend

Posted

I think I'm about to see my first snow here since around 9 am. Instead of fizzling after it made landfall as most of the rest have done, this shower has pepped up and I'm now watching the heavy cloud, tinted orangey/pink, out of the north-facing window of the room I'm in. :lol:

Let me know when it starts, im just down the road in Wymondham......at work!

Posted

Here it is!!!

Huge 50p flakes floating down now

Posted

Can everyone turn their heting off in Peterborough please.. still clear as a bell and clouds disipating as soon as they hit the area fool.gifbiggrin.gif

Posted

There's the nub. Much too much of a northerly element for me (I think you did well last night?). I shouldn't go on instinct but strikes me as a groove that this convection has got into and clearly shows no sign of letting up from. Radar again looks promising from late evening onwards towards midnight and beyond but again that didn't bear earlier fruit, as it were, despite promise. Need that easterly element before we can all start to play.

It aint a convective sky out my window (SW London)! I can see for miles north, west and east and it is as clear as the proverbial bell.

Edited by pureasthedriven

Posted

Let me know when it starts, im just down the road in Wymondham......at work!

It's started, but it's only sleet ATM. :lol:

Posted

I find it quite funny, most of us are glued to this one moderate shower moving south :lol:

Still it's been great fun comparing reports of snow falling with the radar, and working out which areas further down the line will be affected. Great community spirit on here, even if you are some 80 miles further north than me :drinks:

Posted

Cambridge. Please. Anything? I have been watching the radar for days. The showers just fizzle out...I guess we are just too far west. Bah. Any other thoughts? My mum is on the Suffolk coast and hates snow. What a complete waste.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I think the wind's more northerly then it was perhaps expected to be at this stage. Bad news for East Herts chances of getting anything out of it, and perhaps bad news regarding the northerly extent of the weekends precipitation, but perhaps also a sign that the colder air is set to stay with us longer than the models were predicting earlier?

Posted

Huge Chunky flakes against the sunset ! , LOVELY :drinks:

Posted

Afternoon everyone, just got in from work, had a few heavy showers today whilst I was out delivering. Just logged on to Rain Today, is that big blob going to hit here? :drinks:

Posted

Somethings coming towards strood!!!! Sky's are really starting to cloud up and going orange.........we may clip the edge of the first shower, but the rest are in line for the medway towns by the looks of it?

Posted

A QUOTE FOM..2WEATHER: "Bitterly cold conditions are likely to persist for some time yet, but during the second half of next week there are some signs that the freeze will begin to ease. Temperatures may rise several degrees above freezing, and rain and sleet may be more likely than snow over lower ground in the south by the middle of the month."

Posted

Maybe not so good for those SW of me either. Bloody N wind blowing at the Estuary mouth, will deflect any showers away from Southend and down to Queenbrough Eastwards, unless the wind get's a groove on, on the other side of the river...

Southend snow shield in full working order! :drinks:

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Those shower trains look fantastic on radar...Hope they do not decay as everyone would benefit

in SE I suspect..........Looking good for radar and lampost watching after dark tonight!

given the wind directions as per the GFS, looks like those benefitting most would be norfolk, east suffolk, essex and kent. would have to really push inland for notable quantities to reach london and home counties.

Posted

Thats not good, I know there is some light snow in Norwich. I will keep my fingers crossed!

I think the reason why is because I'm on the western edge of it. I suspect that if you went about 5-10 miles east it would be snow.

EDIT: Fine snow now.

Edited by chrisbell0033944

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D
wallbash.gif this is soooooo unnfair.... well to me anyways lol we got nothing here.... I WANT MORE SNOW DAM IT!!!!wallbash.gif