Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Heavy snow showers off the dutch coast now ! , thats due to hit south east & EA later :drinks: :lol:

Guest archiesmummy

oh - I still will never forget this though:

friday.png

Just shows how much a forecast can change good.gif

is that for today? i know says friday on it but am shocked how diff that was to this morning!

Posted

North Kent coast looks set to benefit from most of these Showers in the beginning, however as the night wears on if the showers can keep going with a slight change in wind direction then area further West could come into play, if you track that shower furthest South you will see that it started quite a way offshore, the showers further North started out further onto the Coast (further West) nice area near Ipswich needs watching as well.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

is there anything to come for me here?????

is there anything coming for me here???????

Posted

North Kent coast looks set to benefit from most of these Showers in the beginning, however as the night wears on if the showers can keep going with a slight change in wind direction then area further West could come into play, if you track that shower furthest South you will see that it started quite a way offshore, the showers further North started out further onto the Coast (further West) nice area near Ipswich needs watching as well.

Paul S

Paul, can you believe that N wind down my end is blowing everything away down towards Queenborough eastwards. That last shower was due to hit bang on, before the last second shift :rofl:

Posted

is that for today? i know says friday on it but am shocked how diff that was to this morning!

that was the Countryfile forecast on Sunday goes to show how much can change in a week :rofl:

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

Wind has really picked up here and just blew so much snow out of the trees at the same time as VERY heavy fine snow falling, it was total whiteout blizzard like conditions! Still falling....

Posted

given the wind directions as per the GFS, looks like those benefitting most would be norfolk, east suffolk, essex and kent. would have to really push inland for notable quantities to reach london and home counties.

Must agree with you there. Need a subtle change of wind direction to appreciate the shower

activity at its fullest. However I suspect there will be wind direction changes tonight as a more

NE/E direction takes charge.

Guest archiesmummy

that was the Countryfile forecast on Sunday. good.gif

oh...boo hoo! i see what you mean about changing...still hoping to get more, you never know....

Thank you!!!!

Posted

Let me know when it starts, im just down the road in Wymondham......at work!

Norwich just caught the top edge, according to radar, from lovely sunset to darkness in minutes. Heavy but smallish flakes for 10mins, now dark cloud cover

Posted

Snow showers are still missing far East Kent, Dover.. we've had one flurry today. is that set to change this evening? Neil at the moment looks like he has better luck :rofl:

Edited by Updraft

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Norwich just caught the top edge, according to radar, from lovely sunset to darkness in minutes. Heavy but smallish flakes for 10mins, now dark cloud cover

Yes, dark cloud as far as I can see to the north, but NW radar suggests that the shower has already gone over - strange - there's more snow falling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

similar to us in London, i think its because the wind direction has been more northerly than easterly. looking over the last week we missed on a lot that came in off the north sea because the wind was just not enough of an easterly. :)

Agreed........ The annoying thing is tho we keep being told the easterly just a couple of day's away, but it never actually arrives. this has been going on a while now and very frustrating.

It's arrival will probably coincide with milder temps and we'll get rain!! :wallbash::cray:

Moan over..... Lets look forward to tonight we might just get lucky. :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Nice blob just to the east of Bishop's Stortford. Please pull a little bit west as you come down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Lots and lots of snow falling now , not a great deal of wind though

Posted

Yes, dark cloud as far as I can see to the north, but NW radar suggests that the shower has already gone over - strange - there's more snow falling!

Bigger flakes now but lighter and drifting now rather than coming straight down def more breeze and v dark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Been a good afternoon for showers here - pretty constant with heavy outbreaks :wallbash: With the odd graupel shower too for the mix!

Looks as though it will continue well into the evening :help:

Have made 3rd snowman in as many days :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Light Snow falling in Rochester now.

Posted

Of course remembering the biggest threat for the weekend is still this time tomorrow onwards........