Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Increasing now, radar suggest about a 20 minute block and then more flowing through later

Which radar are you using? I'm getting seriously dubious about NW 5-minute radar's accuracy - shows nothiong anywhere near Norwich.

YOu have been unlucky then, as we have had about 7 seperate showers already this afternoon. Really gusty too!

A wonderful day not to be at school! :drinks:

Ah well, I'm an old git of 29, so those days are well behind me!

Edited by chrisbell0033944

Posted

another snow train coming. Last night's was 5 miles wide and it missed south woodham by a whisker. hit rayleigh and leigh on sea. what will happen this time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

After looking in the model thread how bad or not is the downgrade for sunDays snow. Please could someone with more knowledge say if this is the case

Posted

Anybody got a current shot of where the lower uppers/dewpoints are?

Rdtlmetd.gif

Air temps:

Rdtlmett.gif

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd register to give snow reports from the Sevenoaks area (Otford, North-West Kent to be precise), which seems to be a relative black spot in coverage (although there is a decent amount of posters around the area such as Maidstone, Tonbridge, Tunny Wells and Bexleyheath).

Its clouded over currently, after a lengthy afternoon sunny spell, and I'm expecting some snow in the next half hour to an hour. It seems this blog that's effecting Maidstone and Central Kent is passing just to the west of me due to too much of a Northerly element to the winds, hopefully it can veer more Easterly overnight and we should hopefully receive a decent top-up ontop to the 10cm+ thats lying widely across this area. Currently monitoring that cluster of showers moving down the Essex coastal area for later.

Anyway, cheers, has been a very good winter so far, with four days off school including the spell before Christmas and hopefully it can get even better over the weekend! :shok:

KK

Posted

Does anybody think this band heading suth from Hull will hit Peterborough or will it go slighty West of us?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Blizzard-like conditions here, definitely blowing about this snow shower. Moderate intensity and sized flakes. Got a thin dusting on bare surfaces so far

Sorry to ask MW but do you know if tomorrows progged snow is still on for our area. Missed a lot of the thread today...

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Which radar are you using? I'm getting seriously dubious about NW 5-minute radar's accuracy - shows nothiong anywhere near Norwich.

Ah well, I'm an old git of 29, so those days are well behind me!

So am I! I teach! lol :)

http://www.meteox.nl/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=250&y=221

Edited by stratty

Posted

Estimating arrival here about 16:32 :)

Four mins and 32 sec out,to me anyway in S Tonbridge,perhaps it got caught at Leybourne lights :) :)

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

Heavy snow at the mo ( started here about 15 mins ago ) and blowing around - pretty nasty out there right now

temp 0.1c

Posted

Very still in Brighton,not much going on here,boring really we want more snow.

Posted

yep South Woodham will miss the snow train just like last night by a few miles. too far West to catch the NEly Kent streamer. A SW/NE diagonal through Rayleigh is probably the threshold line this frequent and all too frustrating kind of set up.

Posted

I know this probably won't get answered but will the snow on sat night and sunday reach this far north west? Or it will just affect Kent and up to Ea.

Yes, and at the moment 5cm's quite widely for the region. Would say Kent and some other areas like Suffolk, Essex 10-15cm's, with 20cm's in perhaps some lucky spot's. What looks pretty certain is that there is precipitation, its just how strong it is really which could make all the difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

an additional cm so far from this shower smile.gif

I've decided Rochester isn't a great location for Snow Showers since I moved here two years ago, most seem to pass us to our east and hit maidstone down the road which always seems to get more snow. Does anyone know why this is .

Hello to everyone by the way smile.gif